Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Badboy
Varsity

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final

Post by Badboy »

Bo_Diaz wrote:Mr. Floyd's rankings have always been fluid and it seems he takes into account how well teams are playing at a present time. Valley and Minford had identical records, split the season series, and Valley was playing better towards the end of season. Two very good teams, but Valley has been consistently improving since they got the football out of their system.

No big deal. Both are good teams....Minford accomplished their goal of winning the SOC II outright, hopefully they will start playing to their full potential. Good luck to the Indians as well.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Final Regular Season SVC Game:
Paint Valley 82
Piketon 46

Paint Valley's Mason McCloy scored his 1,000th point after playing sparingly his first two seasons.

Should be noted that Piketon sat a majority of their regulars after playing last night and having a Sectional Final Friday.

Final SVC Standings

Unioto 14-0
Zane Trace 10-4
Piketon 8-6
Southeastern 8-6
Paint Valley 7-7
Adena 5-9
Westfall 4-10
Huntington 0-14

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

93bulldog 'have you heard from pfloyd ? We was talking about him tonight and its not like him not to be all over these post season games .

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Pfloyd was at the Logan Elm-Warren game this evening keeping his handy napkin stats.

Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Post by Sportsfanallnitelong »

Should be getting his take on the game shortly if he was there!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

sportsfanallnitelong wrote:Should be getting his take on the game shortly if he was there!!

…it's out there now sportsfanallnitelong …

Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Post by Sportsfanallnitelong »

Been waiting. Excellent write-up as always. Enjoyed reading.....thanks....what a game!!!

pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

It'll never best Pfloyd, but for fun here is CalPreps Top 20 in Southeastern Ohio:

1. Athens
2. Unioto
3. Warren
4. Chesapeake
5. Valley
6. Minford
7. Circleville
8. Peebles
9. Portsmouth
10. Chillicothe
(tie) Trimble
12. Ironton
13. Logan Elm
14. Zane Trace
15. Logan
16. Paint Valley
17. Washington C.H.
18. Sheridan
19. Coal Grove
20. Piketon

And here are the CalPreps predictions for the weekend Convo games:

Athens 63, Unioto 61
Warren 66, Minford 59
Valley 52, Ironton 50
Wheelersburg 52, Waverly 47
Chesapeake 60, Piketon 51
Portsmouth 57, Coal Grove 51

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Chillicothe 54
Westerville North 47

Chillicothe now plays Gahanna Lincoln in a rematch from the regular season in which the Cavaliers were competitive without Tommy Bolte.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote:Chillicothe 54
Westerville North 47

Chillicothe now plays Gahanna Lincoln in a rematch from the regular season in which the Cavaliers were competitive without Tommy Bolte.

… nice !!! good to hear that the Cavs are rolling on … wish them much luck advancing … I had high hopes for Chillicothe as I had them in my Pre-season Elite 8 - I firmly believe that Tommy Bolte & Co. would have been a number of spots higher in my rankings had TB been healthy all season … BUT then again - the loss of TB early on DID help the CAVS become a TEAM - the role players became KEY players in their success … one of my favorite TEAMS in the SE District this past regular season …

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Today is THE day !!! Basketball Thirty !!! In the Convo !!! Lou "the Voice" Horvath on the PA ! The Cheap Seats !!! … Daylight Savings Time !!! - oh wait - we lose an hour sleep - never mind on the daylight savings time thing …

Game 1 : Athens vs Unioto … my Elite 8 numbers 3 vs 1 … I like it !!! … not sure there is a better matchup to tip off the 3 Weeks of the Convo …

Athens brings the BEST 4 starters on the floor - Joe Burrow, Griffin Lutz, Ryan Luehrman, Adam Luehrman - ALL outstanding … 3 players at 6-4 and Lutz who PLAYS like he is 6-4 with his length … AHS also comes into the competition with the shortest bench - Vander Ven , the fifth starter is a good player but not the caliber of his teammates - but who is ? VV will hurt you IF you leave him unattended for that spot up trey … Burrow shoots the 3 better than almost anyone in SEOhio when he is allowed to set and shoot … Luehrman "squared" are at their best when Lutz penetrates and dishes … the opposition game plan has always been - get one of the 4 bigs in foul trouble , get them off of the floor , get to the AHS bench … force the ball out of Lutz's hands make the others make decisions with the ball … pressure the ball … 32 minutes of pressure to wear out the big 4 … Warren has been the only team to execute the game plan in getting a 30 point win over the Bulldogs … IF you can't take away one of the keys for AHS - then you have to put your athletes up against Athens D1 athletes … you lose that matchup …

Unioto … the BEST overall TEAM in SEOhio this season … a total TEAM … solid defense … multiple offensive weapons for balanced TEAM scoring in the starters - Strange/Hosley/Overly/Cottrill/Adkins … a deep bench - Nick Corcoran leading the pack Lovely/Houser/Swackhammer … the Shermans' make you pay with inside and outside scoring … solid inside presence in Adkins/Erique Hosley … Hosley is this years version of Hayden Dunn (Lucasville Valley) - a beast on the board, stronger than anyone he will play against, gets position and off the floor better than anyone who will guard him … Defensively? - as good as there is in the tourney from SEOhio … with the numbers they can run at you YOU will tire before they will tire … UHS is undefeated for a reason - they're a good ball club with outstanding coaching court side by Coach Hoops … weakness ? in the games I have seen this season Unioto has shot "less than 50%" from the charity stripe - will this be the Sherman's achilles heal ?

… looking forward to seeing this one from the Cheap Seats !!! it should be a dandy … 32 minutes of intense hoops … 2 outstanding teams … a couple of my favorite coaches … let's tip it off !!!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

10-12 from the stripe, with huge Hosley hitting both shots of a 1 and 1 late in a 7 point game and he had an awful FT shooter for most of the year. Erique is now 12-14 from the stripe the last two outings, which is gigantic if Unioto hopes to get past a very good Warren team next Friday night.

I thought Lutz and Burrow were outstanding for the Bulldogs tonight, especially in their push in the 4th quarter. I said before that Unioto's depth and bench would be key, between the 2 teams top 4 regulars, the game was a 57-57 draw, while Unioto got 9 from the bench and a couple from Strange. Adkins and Swackhammer were good off the bench in key moments for the Shermans.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

At least 2 straight years of nailing the final rankings! Well done again pfloyd!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Definitely the right rankings. Unioto was the best D2 team and Trimble is the best D4 team.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Trojans take down number 7 Peake for their 37th district title

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

danicalifornia wrote:At least 2 straight years of nailing the final rankings! Well done again pfloyd!
Pfloyd is amazing.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

bman wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:At least 2 straight years of nailing the final rankings! Well done again pfloyd!
Pfloyd is amazing.
I also feel like him having Portsmouth as his preseason #1 should get a mention with them winning another District Title today.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

The man does not miss very often!

gotgame?
Riding the Bench

Post by gotgame? »

Floyd di you go to the games Saturday at The Convo? I looked for ya but couldn't find anyone with the little napkin writing down important stuff.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Portsmouth Trojans move on to the elite 8!

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”