Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 10

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
WarriorBlue
Varsity

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 10

Post by WarriorBlue »

Although Maddox hasn't beaten Logan Elm his losses have all come in District level competition. The Warriors still got a bad taste in their mouth from the beating the Braves laid on them last year at the Convo. Hoping this fact is added incentive for THE BIG BAD BLUE to get a win.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

WarriorBlue !!! it's almost Friday !!! the showdown at Jim's Gym … Logan entertaining the Warren Warriors … should be interesting to see if the Purple learned anything from the loss at the WarriorDome … the Chiefs have cut back on Technical fouls - keeping better control of their emotions … Logan has the attitude that they let one get away at Warren … should be a great game to watch from the Cheap Seats … looking forward to seeing this one live as I missed the first go around - I did watch the video numerous times … hoping the weather doesn't dampen the attendance …

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

pfloyd wrote:Thanks guys for the game results from last night - greatly appreciated … as the Unioto Shermans get one step closer to that perfect regular season with only Huntington standing in the way of 22 W's and 0 -L's on our handy-dandy pocket schedules … Fairfield Union at 9-12 - better than I thought going into this season … the Roundtown boyz in the Northwest Territories continue to get it done beating a very good Teays Valley squad - forcing Teays and Bloom Carroll into a tie for the MSL … Circleville proving they DO belong in the Elite 8 … finally Logan Elm although losing to BC by 7 … 52-59 … is still my pick to be a sleeper in the Logan Sectional as they will be the favorite vs Vinton County in the opening round … Coach Stiverson's Braves have the added history of having not lost to a Coach Maddox team … this matchup could happen in a sectional final at Logan to see which team gets one of the two invites to the 3 Weeks of the Convo … getting more and more fun just thinking about it all …

Logan Elm is a year away, but they play hard and have progress significantly since the beginning of the season. A good offseason and you'll see Logan Elm back more toward the line of where they are normally at.

If Circleville defeats Greenfield, a sectional final vs. Minford could be a dandy.

Fairfield Union is 9-12 playing three freshmen.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

nice guy wrote:Bloom Carroll 59
Logan Elm 52

This was the 600th win for the Bloom Carroll coach

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

District Convo Dates …

D2's … Saturday 3/7 … Friday 3/13

D3's … Sunday 3/8 … Saturday 3/14

D4's … Tuesday 3/10 … Wednesday 3/11 … Saturday 3/14

… District Games , The Convo, Basketball Thirty, Lou Horvath THE VOICE of High School Hoops Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line (SEO) … my reserved Cheap Seats … SEOPs friends, SEO coaches … the usual cheap seat folks Mr. McPhearson & Co. … hospitality room hot dogs … it just doesn't get any better than this !!!

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Sure wish Arizona had the same format for basketball state tourney!

gotgame?
Riding the Bench

Post by gotgame? »

Hot Dogs are the best but the company in the room is priceless.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

hoops76 wrote:Hot Dogs are the best but the company in the room is priceless.
… absolutely agree hoops76 all of the world's problems, between the lines hoops information and bottom-line "stuff" from officials ALL happen at the "round tables" over a hotdog, chips and a Dew …

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Warren visiting the Logan Purple on Senior Night at Jim's Gym … a Logan "W" will give the Purple sole possession of 2nd place in the SEOAL … a loss drops LHS into a tie with the outgoing Portsmouth Trojans …

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Floyd...Logan @ Vinton County is scheduled for tomorrow with jv tip at 3pm. With the snow/rain/ice in the forecast though, I'd keep a close watch on weather this one will be played. Pun intended lol

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley 61
Minford 53

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

New Boston 57
Green 55

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Congratulations to new Boston!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

New Boston WINS !!! New Boston WINS !!! yesssssssssssssssss no WINLESS teams in SEO this season !!!! and my alma mater gets the W ! Congratulations to Coach Jenkins and the Tigers !!! FRED's Pizza for everyone !!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Dundas wrote:Floyd...Logan @ Vinton County is scheduled for tomorrow with jv tip at 3pm. With the snow/rain/ice in the forecast though, I'd keep a close watch on weather this one will be played. Pun intended lol

… thanks Dundas for the headsup on the start time … 5-8 inches of snow on the way - I have my doubts on this one getting played tomorrow …

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

pfloyd wrote:
Dundas wrote:Floyd...Logan @ Vinton County is scheduled for tomorrow with jv tip at 3pm. With the snow/rain/ice in the forecast though, I'd keep a close watch on weather this one will be played. Pun intended lol

… thanks Dundas for the headsup on the start time … 5-8 inches of snow on the way - I have my doubts on this one getting played tomorrow …

I'm sure you already know by now floyd but the annual VC/Logan game will most likely not happen this year. I'd imagine neither team will want to play early next week and cut into time preparing for the tournament. I always look forward to the Logan game every year. Always a good crowd and a short drive for both teams. Good luck to the purple in the tournament!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Dundas - I'm thinking you are probably right that tonights game won't be made up between VC and Logan … too bad as lsat night's loss to Warren at home doesn't sit very well, it would be nice to get the opportunity to correct that with another game before tournament time … We WILL get to see your Vikings again as Coach Combs' and Company will be coming to Jim's Gym here in the Land of Purple to begin tournament play in the Logan D2 Sectional vs the Logan Elm Braves Wednesday night !!! should be a great game! great coaches/great teams … looking forward to this one … we'll see you there I'm sure …

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Ironton finishes the regular season 13-9 with a win over Fairland last night 57-54

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:Ironton finishes the regular season 13-9 with a win over Fairland last night 57-54

…ohbuckeye2 looking like the Tiger of Coach Lefon are peaking at the right time going into sectional play … what has been the difference between before Christmas vs Post Christmas Ironton Tigers ?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Early Menu Items for the Post Season

D2 Logan Sectional

Monday … 2/23 :

New Lexington vs Meigs (7pm)

Tuesday … 2/24 :

Athens vs Marietta (6:15pm)
Sheridan vs Fairfield Union (8:00 pm)

Wednesday … 2/25 :

Warren vs (New Lex/Meigs) (6:15pm)
Vinton Co vs Logan Elm (8 pm)

Friday/Saturday Sectional Finals 3/27 & 3/28 (7pm) … Who earns the Gold Tickets to the Convo for 3/7 … Friday (7pm/8:45 pm) District Semi Finals

D2 District Final 3/13 …Friday (7pm)

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”