Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #4

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
peake71
All Conference

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #4

Post by peake71 »

The Peake lead at the half 38-19. The closest Portsmouth would get was 11. The Peake was lead By 6-6 Brad Meadows with 25 points and 24 rebounds. The Trojans were lead by Sky Oliver and Kyre Allison.
The Peake has Ironton away friday.

roxanna fry
Riding the Bench

Post by roxanna fry »

minford17 wrote:Minford over Burg 60-34
Very sloppy,costly win for Minford.............................................................................................................. don't even want to comment beyond that

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Until PHS gets a big they will be left at the alter!

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

oldschool wrote:
minford17 wrote:Minford over Burg 60-34
Very sloppy,costly win for Minford.............................................................................................................. don't even want to comment beyond that
Happy about Minford JV coming back to win after being down 16.

osu
Freshman Team

Post by osu »

How was Minfords win costly?

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

I think it's time the Peake cracks the Elite 8.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

25 pts 24 rb.....that's quite the stat filler!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I was planning on just watching Alexander at 4:00 and Athens at 6:00 on Saturday ... I may have to stick around and watch Chesapeake too.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

93dog you should stick around to watch they are a very good team and work well together number 24 is a very nice player you will also get to see them at the convo later on I'm sure. Portsmouth has some work to do and I have full confidence that they will be just fine .

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

I look at this thing from time to time just to laugh at why the panthers weren't in the top.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Chesapeake deserves to be in the top 8 after last night's dominant performance vs. the Trojans. Portsmouth has some things to adjust, and it's still not halfway through the season yet. I have full confidence in Coach Collins and his staff that they can get the ship righted to still contend for the OVC title. I think that Chesapeake will be a strong contender for the district title if they can play at last night's level.

Coach Collins is 93-35 in his 6th year at PHS.......1 more win will tie him with the legendary Joe Suboticki (1988-1991--94-11) for career wins at PHS.

roxanna fry
Riding the Bench

Post by roxanna fry »

trojandave wrote:Chesapeake deserves to be in the top 8 after last night's dominant performance vs. the Trojans. Portsmouth has some things to adjust, and it's still not halfway through the season yet. I have full confidence in Coach Collins and his staff that they can get the ship righted to still contend for the OVC title. I think that Chesapeake will be a strong contender for the district title if they can play at last night's level.

Coach Collins is 93-35 in his 6th year at PHS.......1 more win will tie him with the legendary Joe Suboticki (1988-1991--94-11) for career wins at PHS.
Agree with you trojandave on PHS righting the ship....they've walked the walk for several years now. Coach Collins and staff have been there before but they are dealing with injuries for sure. Nobody has even considered on these sites that Allison is coming off a major injury and likely still getting comfortable. Not to mention the nagging injuries Oliver has had. I've seen them two or three times this year and feel what is lacking isn't offense with this team it is defense right now. They have many weapons to score but defensively I don't see the commitment or effort yet. I think that is the one element that is missing compared to the recent teams PHS has put on the court. But, like you, I believe they get it together for a strong conference and tourney run.

sportslifelove
Freshman Team

Post by sportslifelove »

oldschool wrote:
trojandave wrote:Chesapeake deserves to be in the top 8 after last night's dominant performance vs. the Trojans. Portsmouth has some things to adjust, and it's still not halfway through the season yet. I have full confidence in Coach Collins and his staff that they can get the ship righted to still contend for the OVC title. I think that Chesapeake will be a strong contender for the district title if they can play at last night's level.

Agree with you trojandave on PHS righting the ship....they've walked the walk for several years now. Coach Collins and staff have been there before but they are dealing with injuries for sure. Nobody has even considered on these sites that Allison is coming off a major injury and likely still getting comfortable. Not to mention the nagging injuries Oliver has had. I've seen them two or three times this year and feel what is lacking isn't offense with this team it is defense right now. They have many weapons to score but defensively I don't see the commitment or effort yet. I think that is the one element that is missing compared to the recent teams PHS has put on the court. But, like you, I believe they get it together for a strong conference and tourney run.

Remembering back I heard that at one point they were unsure if Allison would be able to return at all much less play at a high level. I'm glad to see he certainly is recovering well but as you mentioned likely still getting his "groove" so to speak. As far as Oliver I have long thought folks here had him overrated, he is a decent player but has been far too turnover prone and takes too many ill-advised shots to be considered an "elite" player in SEO, of course that's my opinion.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

I could count the "REAl" excellent B-Ball Coaches in Southern Ohio the last bunch of years on one hand. A lot of years. Few of been underated. But most are perception oriented and Grossly overrated. But I can tell you this. The best Basketball Coach in Southern Ohio that I have ever seen,and trust me,I know what I am talking about is Joe Suboticki. And not even close.

outsider
Freshman Team

Post by outsider »

Minford's win was costly due to the one player who got the double technical foul.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… last night (1/7/15) in the frigid MSL a makeup game from Tuesday night :

Fairfield Union 58
Liberty Union 51

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I don't know which I hate more ... Mother Nature in January? The Logan Chieftains (and purple)? Or the Michigan Wolverines?

Oh, and the Warren Warriors basketball program runs a close fourth behind those three ...

lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… 93dog an easy pick on the that one - "that team up North" gets the nod for most hated I would think ALTHOUGH I have seen the pics of you as a youngster showing some major "hate" on the Purple & White - their IS t-shirt evidence I believe LOL …

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ah yes, the Luck Fogan shirt at age 13 says it all ... If only I could find my 'No way Jose' (Medina) sign, I would gladly hang it up here in my War Room!

lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Athens 61
Logan Elm 55 final

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”