2014 Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio- Final Edition

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio- Final Editi

Post by pfloyd »

D2 Friday Night :

Warren :

Starters - Aaron Mazurkiewicz, Michael Hall, Evan French, Reece Patton, Andrew Drayer
Off the Bench : Andrew Henthorn, Blake Kidder, Kyler Dennis, Marshal Church, Collin Welch

vs

Circleville:

Starters - David Burroughs, Will Giffin, Reed Hugus, Kyle Smith, Michael Camp
Off the Bench : Justin Hill, Tanner Styers, Shaw

---------------------------------------------------

Logan Elm :

Starters - Dillon Young, Ridge Young, Casey Tyler, Logan Thompson, Trent Congrove
Off the Bench - Waylon Altrip, Michael Kline

vs

Minford :

Jared McCray, Cody Stapleton, Brandon Rowe, Kenton Gullion, Trey Kelly, Jared Alley

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... from VC sources :

Warren/Jackson/Gallia Academy ALL have petitioned to join the TVC with Marietta to follow suit ... while Logan has petitioned to join the MSL ...

... fact or fiction ??? ... just another HOT topic as we head into Basketball Thirty with Lou Horvath "the Voice" of High School BB Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

This is true!!

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Unless you are an athletic director, high school principal, or superintendent you wouldn't know for sure, unless somebody has loose lips.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

pfloyd wrote:... Starting to work on Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio 2014-15 Preseason Edition ... I have the top 20 teams based on "what is coming back" from this season up on the Big Board with the Top 8 "penciled" in ... I'm looking at MORE quality TEAMS in the top 20 for NEXT season than we had this past season ! looking further to see if I can set the Top 25 followed by everyone else as "unknown quantities" on the Treehugger list ... I won't post the Preseason rankings until the State Tournament is over in March ...

I know most think that AF(After French) Warren is gonna fall off the map well don't believe that for one minuet. Led by Mazurkiwitz, Kidder, and Henthorn the junior class was undefeated two years of jr high. They went 18-2 and 21-0 in 2 years on the JV team. All told these kids are 93-5 in their careers at various levels. All without a star stud athlete. They've done it with teamwork, dedication and commitment. All these kids know how to do is win. Hall & Co will not be an easy out for anybody in 2015. Maddox reloades annually next year won't be any different. Hebb, Cunningham, Knost, French and Hall. The names change but one thing is for certain. The BIG BAD BLUE are gonna play hard, defend the basketball and be able to put it in the hole. Anytime you can do those things and have a top notch coaching staff your gonna win a lot of basketball games.

GO BIG BAD BLUE!

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

wouldn't look for Marietta to follow suit. The principle is an old ECOL guy and the AD likes the league. The only ones that don't like the league are the boys coaches. Funny though most of the old time players and coaches talk all the time about being in the old COL and playing those big schools. They wear it like a badge of honor.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... It's time to run a couple of errands , then head for A'town , Basketball Thirty " An evening with Lou" ...

morgeen
Riding the Bench

Post by morgeen »

WarriorBlue wrote:
I know most think that AF(After French) Warren is gonna fall off the map well don't believe that for one minuet. Led by Mazurkiwitz, Kidder, and Henthorn the junior class was undefeated two years of jr high. They went 18-2 and 21-0 in 2 years on the JV team. All told these kids are 93-5 in their careers at various levels. All without a star stud athlete. They've done it with teamwork, dedication and commitment. All these kids know how to do is win. Hall & Co will not be an easy out for anybody in 2015. Maddox reloades annually next year won't be any different. Hebb, Cunningham, Knost, French and Hall. The names change but one thing is for certain. The BIG BAD BLUE are gonna play hard, defend the basketball and be able to put it in the hole. Anytime you can do those things and have a top notch coaching staff your gonna win a lot of basketball games.

GO BIG BAD BLUE!
Your Warriors will be top dogs around here for as long as Maddox stays there. HE is a match up problem for whoever they go against

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Lol.

But, despite an awful postseason for the SVC (thus far, SE and PV can still make more noise) the league will be very strong next year. 12 of the 15 players who were voted All SVC by the coaches return next year, including the top 7 vote getters. Only Huntington and possibly Southeastern won't be a lot better based on their returning players next year. A lot can change of course, but things are looking for the SVC next year.

Also, Chillicothe should be a force behind Tommy Bolte next year. Quintin Davidson returns from an injury as well, which should help lighten the graduation of 3 solid contributors. D1 is tough, but they were seconds away from a 1st round W over a team who is now in the District Semis.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the SVC WILL be represented in the Preseason Elite 8 along with 5 teams spread throughout my top 25 making my total of SVC representation in the first 25 teams 6 ... my top 8 are very solid, with the next 17 just as good on any given night ... I like what I'm seeing in the overall strength of hoops Below the Line for 2014-15 ...

... TribeManiac10 - if you have some input into the shape of the SHAC for next season beyond Peebles I would appreciate the info ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Warren 57
Circleville 52 final

The Circleville Tigers played a FLAWLESS first quarter vs one of the SEOhio heavyweights the Warren Warriors ... Coach Goodyear showed his merit as a head man court side not only in that opening stanza but throughout the game - excellent job by both coach and the Roundtown TEAM ... here's the first quarter Napkin Stats

Circleville :

Scoring ... 20 points ... Will Giffin (junior) 6 , Michael Camp (soph) 9 , Justin Hill (junior) 3, Kyle Smith (sr) 2
3 pointers ... 4/4 ... Camp 3, Hill 1
FTs ... 2/2
TOs ... 3

Warren :

Scoring ... 15 points ... Reece Patton 8, Andre Henthorn 3, Blake Kidder 2, Michael Hall 2 ... missing from the score sheet Evan French (0)
3 pointers ... 3/7 ... Patton 2, Henthorn 1
FTs ... 0/0
TOs ... 4

Circleville 20
Warren 15 end of 1

... as good as CHS played in the first quarter - PERFECT in my book ... including defensive PERFECT in shutting out Evan French ... the Tigers were only up 5 points ... a Big Blue fan had to be thinking that their Warriors were in the drivers seat EVEN trailing by 5 after one because WHS had Patton with a +8, Hall still not into the flow with +2 , French at zero AND +5 points from the Warren bench ... on the negative side for WHS though : defensively for WHS - CHS was getting open perimeter looks, was able to breakdown the Warren perimeter D to get into the paint and dish baseline to Giffin attacking the rim ...

... as it turned out - Circleville was not able to be PERFECT for 4 quarters ... as Warren after trailing 5-16 at the 2:52 mark of the 1st outscored the Tigers 52-36 the rest of the game ... winning the 2nd quarter 12-9 to draw within 2 at intermission Warren 27 Circleville 29 ... all seemed right with the world as Evan French had 9 points in the 2nd including 2 treys ... Circleville cooled off from downtown only making 1 of 6 from behind the arc ... Quarter 3 appeared having the Warriors getting the separation needed as the WHS defense turned the Tigers over 9 times in the quarter holding the CHS offense to 9 points ... Warren 43 Circleville 38 end of three ... Coach Maddox's Big Bad Blue looked poised to put the game away in the 4th pushing the lead to 10 points with a little over 6 minutes left , a 10-0 WHS run from the 2 minute mark of the 3rd thru the 6+ mark of the 4th ... game, set and match right? not to be as the Tigers of Coach Goodyear never folded ... the Tigers turned the Warriors over 6 times themselves in the 4th ... forced the Warren bench to call/use up their remaining 3 TOs in the last 4 minutes of the game :

3:26
Warren 51 CHS 46
2:30
Warren 51 CHS 46
:44
Warren 53 CHS 48

Warren finished the game off hitting 7 of 9 FTs down the stretch ... Warren 57 Circleville 52 a final ...

Pfloyd Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Circleville

Scoring ... Will Giffin 18, Reed Hugus 9, Michael Camp 9, Kyle Smith 7, Justin Hill 7, David Burroughs 2
3 Pointers ... 8/19 ... Hugus 3, Camp 3, Smith 1, Hill 1
FTs ... 8/8
TOs ... 18

... great core of players returning for Coach Good year for next years edition of the Tigers - Giffin/Camp/Hill ... enough to warrant some respect in the Preseason Elite 8 for sure ...

Miscellaneous Napkin Stat on the game : the Tiger defensive held Evan French to 16 points ONLY 3 fgs for the game ALL in the 2nd quarter ...

Pfloyd's Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Warren

Scoring ... Reece Patton 17, Evan French 16, Michael Hall 11, Blake Kidder 5, Andrew Drayer 3, Andrew Henthorn 3, Aaron Mazurkiewicz 2
3 Pointers ... 7/15 ... Patton 2, French 2, Hall 1, Drayer 1, Henthorn 1
FTs ... 14/22
TOs ... 15 (6 in the 4th quarter to keep CHS close)

... in the post season it is ALL about "surviving and advancing" ... teams get no "style points" ... the Warriors move on to their 2nd straight SE District Championship game ... Congratulations to Coach Maddox & staff along with TEAM Warriors ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... according to another thread we should hear about the decision to play or not play the games tomorrow at the Convo at 10am Sunday morning ... 93dog will have all of the Athens connections with Coach Horsley who is running the show at the Convo ... hopefully those who are connected will post the decision one way or the other once it is known ...

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Our AD told me tonight the deadline to cancel our charter bus is 10 am. '''This weather sucks'''lol

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Seriously though, canceling tomorrow's games would just fit in perfectly with the rest of this season has gone. This is awful.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote:Seriously though, canceling tomorrow's games would just fit in perfectly with the rest of this season has gone. This is awful.
biggdowgg wrote:Our AD told me tonight the deadline to cancel our charter bus is 10 am. '''This weather sucks'''lol

... alrighty then - 10am it is ... up at 8am - a shower, go to McD's for breakfast, take the iPhone to wait for the decision to be made on the games ... not looking good based on the forecasts for sure ... and daniC you are right on the money - "fits this season perfectly" LOL ...

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

just heard the games was postponed,,Portsmouth will play Friday might at 8

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Thursday: Fairland v. Southeastern, 6:15pm; Wheelersburg-Chesapeake, 8pm
Friday: Coal Grove vs Valley, 6:15pm; South Point v. Portsmouth, 8pm

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Fridays winners will be played sunday afternoon, uncertain of times yet

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I'm going to miss the Thursday night games ! :( ... have a prior commitment that is unchangeable ... really wanted to see my good friends from Chesapeake - no pressure Coach Davis BUT you NEED to survive and advance now so I can meet up with your family LOL - love talking with your mom & dad they are great people ... so many good friends from along the river ... get that juggernaut offense cranked up please Coach LOL ...

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

HMMMMMMM I may be able to make that game Friday night

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”