Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio- Preseason 13-14

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio- Preseason 13-14

Post by pfloyd »

...Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/Southeastern Ohio 2013-14 Preseason ...

1. Warren

2. Athens

3. Logan Elm

4. Lucasville Valley

5. Miami Trace

6. Minford

7. Zane Trace

8. Unioto

...TreeHugger Wannabes...

Vinton County
Southeastern
Portsmouth
Eastern Brown
Trimble
Logan
Piketon
Fairfield Leesburg
Chesapeake
Peebles
Southern
Nelsonville York
Sheridan
Circleville
Fairland
Washington CH
Ironton
Wheelersburg
Greenfield McClain
Oak Hill
Fairfield Union
Lynchburg Clay
South Webster
Coal Grove
Federal Hocking
Symmes Valley
Eastern Pike
Portsmouth Notre Dame

... End Table Teams ...

Portsmouth West
North Adams
Whiteoak
Portsmouth East
Hillsboro
Belpre
Paint Valley
Meigs
Huntington
Gallia Academy
Chillicothe
Wellston
Westfall
Waverly
Wahama
Reedsville Eastern
Crooksville
New Lexington
Green
South Point
South Gallia
Miller
Marietta
Waterford
Alexander
St Joseph
Rock Hill
Western Pike
Manchester
Adena
New Boston
Portsmouth Clay
River Valley
West Union
Northwest
Jackson

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio- Preseason 1

Post by 93Bulldog »

Boooooooooooooo!

:)

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Nice list Pfloyd! Glad to see the Warriors #1. I believe at the state tournament that Hall and Patton proved they can and will provide some big time firepower to go with POY Evan French. Add a 21-0 JV team shold be a great 2014 on St Rt 339. Hard to go wrong with your picks. Your track record is amazing when both co #1's were both playing in The Show. I told 93Dog that there was some pretty good Michigan teams in the early 70's that nobody remembers because 4 straight years 1972-1975 were 2nd to the Buckeyes. Never went bowling! Maybe thats Athens fate? Let's get 2014 here already!

GO BIG BAD BLUE!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Wedding dresses don't look good on 'Dogs ... they will be the 'bridesmaid' no more!

lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Reece Patton/Michael Hall BOTH jumped into the limelight vs SVSM ... both young men took their talents to the next level vs the 6-6/6-7 size of the Irish/handled the major quicks SVSM ... obviously I went to the game Thursday evening wanting Warren to get the "W" - didn't happen BUT watching these two players show what they will bring to the court next season was awesome to see ... what a trio of talent for Coach Maddox next season in Evan French, Reece Patton, Michael Hall ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Tomorrows 'to-do' list ...

1. make a copy of Pfloyd's rankings.
2. head to Kinkos.
3. have a huge banner made of Pfloyd's rankings.
4. hang banner in the rec center gymnasium where the Athens kids play hoops all summer.

I figure your list will look pretty good until the Bulldogs travel to Warren sometime around the Holidays, Floyd ... I'm confident there won't be a wire-to-wire #1 next season!

lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Ironton this season was a first for the rankings - a team going wire to wire at #1 ... Portsmouth last season didn't get to #1 until the last week of the ranking - Chesapeake was there, Chillicothe was there, I believe Ironton was on top at one time as well ...

... Lucasville Valley will be special next season with all of their returning size in the paint and on the perimeter ... Logan Elm was ALL juniors this past season ... Miami Trace impressed in their tourney run ... Zane Trace/Unioto/Southeastern will get after it in the SVC ... Portsmouth will provide us with the next Carter like pg in Ky're Allison - Allison is bigger with a comparable skills set - knocks down the trey (3 vs Logan) gets into the paint to score at the rim or dish (26 points vs my Purple in Logan) ... going to be fun to track all season long in 2013-14 ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Fairland had only two seniors on its entire roster - but still made the district tournament ...

and think about this: usually when CHESAPEAKE & WHEELERSBURG don't make the Convo - they come back the next year with a vengeance!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the big question for both Preseason #'s 1 & 2 will be size/BULK in the paint ... For Athens both Leuhrmans have frames that could allow them to bulk up and be physical down in the trenches ... Warren has some size on the perimeter in Hall/Patton ... French can get into the paint but would prefer not to ... Warriors will miss Dylan Leffingwell BIG TIME as their wide body down low ... lots can happen in the offseason ... players move in to a show looking to fill spot of need ... especially on teams that have shown talent to make runs, to give players exposure ... Warren's trio of French/Patton/Hall need to model their playing physiques to match Nick Wells of SVSM 6-6 strong body, owns the painted are and then some ... and shot the medium range shot with frequency ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:For Athens both Leuhrmans have frames that could allow them to bulk up and be physical down in the trenches
coach Ryan Adams already has his football players on an off season weight training regiment ... they will be bigger and stronger next year - but the problem is - when will coach Skinner actually get them on the court? Burrow/Leuhrman, Leuhrman had one week of practice before the 1st game against Chesapeake this year ... and with the football team expected to be just as good next fall - another long playoff run is very possible. (and that group will also include Saltzmen)

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

93Bulldog wrote:Wedding dresses don't look good on 'Dogs ... they will be the 'bridesmaid' no more!

lol
93Dog... What color dress you wearing lol!
Athens will get the bulk of their scoring from the Big 3. With Borrows/Watson/Saltzman how can you not run your offense thru those kids. That limits the Lueman'z scoring chances. In a game of HORSE ill take the Warriors. In a game of 3 on 3 ill take the Warriors! As long as we have Maddox advantage Warriors!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

WarriorBlue wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:Wedding dresses don't look good on 'Dogs ... they will be the 'bridesmaid' no more!

lol
93Dog... What color dress you wearing lol!
Athens will get the bulk of their scoring from the Big 3. With Borrows/Watson/Saltzman how can you not run your offense thru those kids. That limits the Lueman'z scoring chances. In a game of HORSE ill take the Warriors. In a game of 3 on 3 ill take the Warriors! As long as we have Maddox advantage Warriors!
What about a coach yelling at officials constantly competition?!

Warren has to be the 1 next year, but don't underestimate the loss of the 4 seniors who got pt. In the Unioto game, Lang kept the Warriors close in the 1st half, Leffingwell was huge in the 2nd half before French finished it off. And Yabs' constant ball pressure was huge as well. I'm guessing that loaded JV team will be able to fill in some gaps though.

Unioto will have a tall task of replacing Detillion's production, but will be loaded with young talent and will be very deep. All 5 starters and a bench player from their 21-1 JV team will jump up to aid the 3 returning starters. The rotation will likely only feature one senior.

If everyone sticks at ZT, I think they will have a great shot at returning to the regionals for the first time since 1970. Beam was a double double for 3 years and that's really tough to replace.

One big rumor could cripple ZT and load up LE if it happens though. That's the most interesting thing that could occur this offseason.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

great looking list....Id be willing to ager that if Portsmouth can provide an inside game they will finish the year somewhere in the top 8.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

...LetsGoPSU it was hard for the committee to keep the Trojans out of the top 8 BUT #11 in the preseason "ain't" bad :122249

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Looking over my 'BEASTS OF THE SOUTHEAST' program from over the winter ...

Chesapeake:

Austin Carpenter ... 6'2 So.
Brad Meadows ... 6'3 Fr.
Caldeb Heffner ... 6'2 Jr.
Javon Thompson ... 6'2 Jr.
Andrew Saunders ... 6'4 Jr.
Chad Meadows ... 6'3 Jr.
Aaron Thompson ... 6'6 So.

* I have a feeling the Panthers will be one of the 'teams to beat' next year, Floyd ... maybe even Elite 8 worthy my friend ... I'm surprised, with all the 'kick backs' you have recieved from Panther Nation, you don't have them amongst the 8 already ... lol

another side note: the EASTERN BROWN team we watched vs Oak Hill is pretty much the exact same team we will see next year ... once Lawson went out - it was all underclassmen carrying the team (i.e. Nathan Scott) ... the DIII district tournament is going to be intresting - with no 'big dog' like Ironton - it's pretty much wide open at this point.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:1. Warren

2. Athens

3. Logan Elm

4. Lucasville Valley

5. Miami Trace

6. Minford

7. Zane Trace

8. Unioto[/color][/size][/b]
WITH VC #9 ... SIX OF THE FIRST NINE ARE DIVISION II TEAMS ... ALL IS RIGHT IN THE WORLD AGAIN.

:mrgreen:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote:Looking over my 'BEASTS OF THE SOUTHEAST' program from over the winter ...

Chesapeake:

Austin Carpenter ... 6'2 So.
Brad Meadows ... 6'3 Fr.
Caldeb Heffner ... 6'2 Jr.
Javon Thompson ... 6'2 Jr.
Andrew Saunders ... 6'4 Jr.
Chad Meadows ... 6'3 Jr.
Aaron Thompson ... 6'6 So.

* I have a feeling the Panthers will be one of the 'teams to beat' next year, Floyd ... maybe even Elite 8 worthy my friend ... I'm surprised, with all the 'kick backs' you have recieved from Panther Nation, you don't have them amongst the 8 already ... lol

... give Coach Davis' TEAM time they will be back pushing their way into the rarified air of the Elite 8 of that I'm confident - kickbacks or no kickbacks LOL ...

another side note: the EASTERN BROWN team we watched vs Oak Hill is pretty much the exact same team we will see next year ... once Lawson went out - it was all underclassmen carrying the team (i.e. Nathan Scott) ... the DIII district tournament is going to be intresting - with no 'big dog' like Ironton - it's pretty much wide open at this point.

... when coming up with the rankings I looked at the exact same thing you did in Eastern Brown - we saw next years EB team for Coach Beucler on the floor at the Convo vs Oak Hill minus "the man" in Chase Lawson ... looking for Nathan Scott and Riley Prine to step up for EB and be the cornerstones for the Warriors in 2013-14

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I have a feeling your Elite 8 is going to be extremly tough next year, Floyd ... you may have finally 'backed yourself into a corner' ... you have your boy, coach Maddox, pushing for the top spot ... former Logan alum, coach Stiverson, wanting a piece of the pie ... I'm sure you owe coach Davis and Panther nation - so handing them a high ranking is a must ... all those 'free pizza's' from the Pizza Crossing probably hasn't been paid off yet so you need to find a spot for Ironton too ... lol ... and then you have 93Dog barking in your ear - and I now you don't want that in your life - so having Athens at the top is a priority as well ...

The credit card seems to be MAXED OUT Floyd ... your gonna have to 'pay-the-piper' next year buddy - and its gonna be tough ... hopefully Mrs. Floyd has been harvesting lots of crops - I don't want you starving next winter due to lack of money for food ... LOL

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

And I can't be for certain ... but I think LOU has been 'hooking you up' at the Convo with an 'alternative motive' in mind ... don't be surprised if you an get an e-mail next Novemeber demanding Alexander be included in the Elite 8.

:)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEastern Ohio 2013-14 ...

1. Warren,Athens,Logan Elm,Lucasville Valley,Miami Trace,Minford,Zane Trace,Unioto,Vinton County,Southeastern, Portsmouth, Eastern Brown, Trimble, Logan, Piketon, Fairfield Leesburg, Chesapeake, Peebles, Southern, Nelsonville York, Sheridan, Circleville, Fairland,Washington CH, Ironton, Wheelersburg, Greenfield McClain, Oak Hill, Fairfield Union, Lynchburg Clay, South Webster, Coal Grove, Federal Hocking, Symmes Valley, Eastern Pike, Portsmouth Notre Dame, Portsmouth West, North Adams, Whiteoak, Portsmouth East, Hillsboro, Belpre, Paint Valley, Meigs, Huntington, Gallia Academy, Chillicothe, Wellston, Westfall, Waverly, Wahama, Reedsville Eastern, Crooksville, New Lexington, Green, South Point, South Gallia, Miller, Marietta,Waterford, Alexander, St Joseph, Rock Hill, Western Pike, Manchester, Adena, New Boston, Portsmouth Clay, River Valley, West Union , Northwest, Jackson

... TreeHugger Wannabes ...

... Teams on the End Table ...

... there! all is well in the world again (T-shirt size XL, Pizza - loaded, well done) ... :mrgreen:

Last edited by pfloyd on Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”