65 Nelsonville York
St. Joseph
Lucasville Valley
Whiteoak
Portsmouth West
Federal Hocking
Northwest
Portsmouth Clay

Last edited by pfloyd on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week - Official Pre-Season

Post by Ironman92 »

Looks good. I think Chillicothe will be top 4, South Webster a bit lower and Whiteoak will be better than a good number of teams.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I92 ... I'm going to go back to putting Whiteoak as "WhiteOak" - they had much better seasons when I had the misspelling ! LOL ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Going to head up to Sheridan HS in the morning to see my Logan Purple & White take on the Generals & a couple of non-Southeast District teams ... should be a good morning ! looking forward to seeing the Chiefs 2017-18 Edition as well as Sheridan who should be a solid team once again this season ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:16 pm I92 ... I'm going to go back to putting Whiteoak as "WhiteOak" - they had much better seasons when I had the misspelling ! LOL ...

Led by new coach Blake Kibler...Blake was on the top teams of Whiteoak back during final 4 and regional final seasons. Head coach a couple years at Southern St. Everyone returning. I look for their best team in 5 years.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

The Pre-season rankings are simply a starting point for this season based on what I know teams have coming back ... there are some teams that are full of talented youngsters who will be getting their feet wet at the varsity level ... Logan Elm , Chesapeake, Lucasville Valley come to mind ... I expect to see much growth from these teams as the season progresses as they each have talented freshmen groups who will be laying the groundwork for the future ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

My early season goal is and always has been to get out and see my top 10-15 teams early & often - 1) I KNOW they are good ball clubs with great coaching 2) these teams I want to see early on, then again in the middle of the season , then late ,THESE are the teams that ALL others are being compared against when I rank the teams each week ... looking forward to meeting up with fellow SEOPsters, hoops fans, players, players family members, the coaches I have gotten to know over these last 17 years while I've been on "the Huddle" and then SEOPs ... I just noticed on the SoutheasternOhioPreps.com at the top of the forum page that the Purple Hippo made the site logo for this season !!!! nice Matt Ash - thank you ... I also saw on noreply66's post total that he has earned " Purple Hippo" status !!! ... it's going to be a great hoops season ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week - Official Pre-Season Rankings

Post by pfloyd »

I am working on the Elite 8 team rundowns ... hope to have them out tomorrow night ... lots of early season matchups with "Elite 8" shakeup potential as Logan will be taking on Unioto on Dec. 2nd , Athens vs Logan, Warren takes on Athens, Logan at Vinton County - that's off the top of my head in the first 2 weeks of the season ... I haven't looked closely to see the other matchups yet as I know there are more big games early on - I hope to be in the cheap seats at as many as I can get to !

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week - Official Pre-Season Rankings

Post by danicalifornia »

Good to see 3 from the SVC in the top 20. Adena will be much lower than what you have, but will likely have 4 freshmen on varsity, so that is to be expected. They should be pretty competitive in 2018-2019 and beyond though.

Unioto hosts Logan in an Elite 8 matchup to kick off the season! It'll actually be on Friday the 1st as well. Unioto also travels to Vinton County in a Foundation Game in a couple weeks.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Zane Trace Tip Off Classic

Friday Dec 1

5pm ... Westfall vs Greenfield McClain
6:45 ... New Hope vs Bishop REady
8:30 ... Vinton County vs Bloom Carroll

Saturday Dec 2

12 ... Adena vs Berne Union
1:45 ... Minford vs Grandview Heights
3:30 girls game
5:15 ... Huntington vs Nelsonville York
7:00 ... Paint Valley vs Amanda CC
8:30ish ... Circleville vs Zane Trace

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

pfloyd wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:50 pm I am working on the Elite 8 team rundowns ... hope to have them out tomorrow night ... lots of early season matchups with "Elite 8" shakeup potential as Logan will be taking on Unioto on Dec. 2nd , Athens vs Logan, Warren takes on Athens, Logan at Vinton County - that's off the top of my head in the first 2 weeks of the season ... I haven't looked closely to see the other matchups yet as I know there are more big games early on - I hope to be in the cheap seats at as many as I can get to !

U vs Logan is on the 1st. I think I told you wrong a while back.

Zane Trace plays at Chillicothe on the 5th. Could be a good chance to watch the young Pioneers. Based on the environments when Chilli and Unioto plays, it should be a pretty good one too. ZT will likely start 4 sophomore and a senior. Not sure that they are ready to hang with the Cavaliers, but could be fun to watch nonetheless. Oh, and they host Unioto on that Friday too. Challenging schedule for the Pioneers to start.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

The annual Athens Shriners Preview

Friday Nov. 24

11am ... Alexander vs Trimble
12 ..... Athens vs Federal Hocking
1 ...... Wellston vs Miller
2 ...... Vinton County vs Southern
3 ...... Nelsonville York vs South Gallia
4 ...... River Valley vs Belpre

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:55 pm Good to see 3 from the SVC in the top 20. Adena will be much lower than what you have, but will likely have 4 freshmen on varsity, so that is to be expected. They should be pretty competitive in 2018-2019 and beyond though.

Unioto hosts Logan in an Elite 8 matchup to kick off the season! It'll actually be on Friday the 1st as well. Unioto also travels to Vinton County in a Foundation Game in a couple weeks.
Thanks daniC - I just checked that Logan @ Unioto game being on the Dec 1 uggghhhhhhh ... I wanted to catch the VC vs Bloom Carroll game Friday too ... Logan @ the U gets the nod LOL ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Logan is @ Vinton County on Dec 9th
as daniC pointed out too:
Logan is @ Unioto Dec 1
Zane Trace @ Chillicothe Dec 5
Unioto @ ZT Dec 8
Logan Elm @ Miami Trace also on Dec 5th
Waterford @ Fairland on Dec 9
Warren @ Athens Dec 5th

.... making my head spin daniC !!! LOL looking forward to seeing you and Coach Hoops, Coach Blue on Dec 1st at the U !

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

pfloyd wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:10 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:55 pm Good to see 3 from the SVC in the top 20. Adena will be much lower than what you have, but will likely have 4 freshmen on varsity, so that is to be expected. They should be pretty competitive in 2018-2019 and beyond though.

Thanks daniC - I just checked that Logan @ Unioto game being on the Dec 1 uggghhhhhhh ... I wanted to catch the VC vs Bloom Carroll game Friday too ... Logan @ the U gets the nod LOL ...

If only New Hope would've finally jumped to OHSAA, then that would've been the set of games to get to!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... just read the Fairfield Union schedule :

12/2 ... FU taking on Columbus South (4pm game)
12/5 ... FU vs Watterson
12/9 ... FU @ Bloom Carroll
12/15 ... FU @ Logan Elm

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

12/9 is loaded!!

Add Zane Trace at Paint Valley as the top SVC game that night.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:14 pm Logan is @ Vinton County on Dec 9th
Logan is @ Unioto Dec 1
Unioto @ ZT Dec 8
Warren @ Athens Dec 5th

.... making my head spin daniC !!! LOL looking forward to seeing you and Coach Hoops, Coach Blue on Dec 1st at the U !

Better come to Atown on the 5th to witness history! That Warren streak comes to an end ... finally! :mrgreen:

Great rankings. Love it

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:08 am
pfloyd wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:14 pm Logan is @ Vinton County on Dec 9th
Logan is @ Unioto Dec 1
Unioto @ ZT Dec 8
Warren @ Athens Dec 5th

Better come to Atown on the 5th to witness history! That Warren streak comes to an end ... finally! :mrgreen:

Great rankings. Love it
Excited for Tuesday. Athens comes to Unioto for a 3-way scrimmage. I forget who the 3rd team is, but I think it was another team who has an excellent shot at reaching the Convo in the Spring.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Good stuff pfloyd, gonna be a great season!

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”