Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #4 - Christmas Edition ...

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
mlittle
SEOP

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #4 - Christmas Edition ...

Post by mlittle »

ronm001 wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:34 pm
JIMMY THE GREEK wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:22 pm
ronm001 wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:00 pm love your rankings but ports west deserves more love and Piketon being in the top 8 isnt even close. A 1 man team cant contend against the good teams long term.
Actually, it's usually one man that makes a team go. Coaches say it all the time. They have a lot of role players that understand their roles."Don't Hate" Appreciate!
well maybe I should have put it better nobody else can score and the have nobody who can shoot consistently
Your personal displeasure in Piketon basketball is noted sir!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

He just mad his team isn’t getting the love in the rankings

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

mlittle wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:20 am

Actually, it's usually one man that makes a team go. Coaches say it all the time. They have a lot of role players that understand their roles."Don't Hate" Appreciate!
well maybe I should have put it better nobody else can score and the have nobody who can shoot consistently
It's confusing, because that poster was gung-ho on the Redstreaks after the PV game and then it swung violently the other way after the Unioto game. I was actually more impressed with Piketon after the Unioto game than the PV game if that makes sense. I was pretty sure they would handle PV, but seeing them keep fighting in the Unioto game was far more impressive to me. I wish I could see their games at the Holiday Classic, as it will show even more progression from a still young basketball team.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Can we give Fairland 1st and 2nd place since no team is even close?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Lol, what a joke. Pfloyd ranks a team #1 and they lose by 26 smh

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:09 pm Lol, what a joke. Pfloyd ranks a team #1 and they lose by 26 smh
They obviously don't have any elite guards that can hang with the elites from down south or anyone that has good shooting form! :roll:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:09 pm Lol, what a joke. Pfloyd ranks a team #1 and they lose by 26 smh
Pfloyd's ranking has nothing to do with teams outside the Southern/Southeastern Ohio.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Cox Mill is only ranked 19th in their ranking too, what a miss on this one by pfloyd.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:34 pm
Cox Mill is only ranked 19th in their ranking too, what a miss on this one by pfloyd.
He’s slipping. Clearly not a 19 year old

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

If the Shermans beats FU later in the season will they jump FU and Logan . Just wondering . AND I did say "IF"

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Hasn't Logan already beat the Sherman's?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Yes. Unioto shouldn't go above Logan at any point unless Logan completely falls apart, IMO.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:48 pm Yes. Unioto shouldn't go above Logan at any point unless Logan completely falls apart, IMO.
Agreed, but big time win in that Chillicothe game.

I listened to that chill/Unioto game on the radio and I barely heard Noel's name. Was he just a non factor or was his PT limited? I've seen that kid play quite a bit. Hard to believe they can't find him some touches

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

I just can not see Floyd putting Logan ahead of FU . Lol . There would not be very many teams come in to the Shermans court on opening night and get a "W" like Logan did . Might be the Tanks only regular season loss. I think Hill vs Woodside will be a good matchup . Both physical BIGS in the Paint. SWACK is the trump card . Should be a Dandy. As far as Logan, they have some tough games coming up, but I do not see them falling apart.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

mlittle wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:05 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:48 pm Yes. Unioto shouldn't go above Logan at any point unless Logan completely falls apart, IMO.
Agreed, but big time win in that Chillicothe game.

I listened to that chill/Unioto game on the radio and I barely heard Noel's name. Was he just a non factor or was his PT limited? I've seen that kid play quite a bit. Hard to believe they can't find him some touches
Hill had a big block on him in the 2nd quarter and I think that was his only shot attempt, maybe a 3 against the Unioto zone, but not more than that. He didn't play at all in the 2nd half until the final few seconds.

He didn't play much the next night against Jackson either. Although, he was more aggressive in the minutes he had that night. I think he'll eventually be a big time player for Chillicothe, I like his game.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

That second place will be tough with FU, Oak Hill, and Logan

ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

I love redstreak Bball im just being real guards need some coaching and some fundamentals

ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:00 am
I love and have loved the streaks for years. But this teams is exactly what I said they were and I just wish we did more to develop good fundamentals in the younger years in the village.

It's confusing, because that poster was gung-ho on the Redstreaks after the PV game and then it swung violently the other way after the Unioto game. I was actually more impressed with Piketon after the Unioto game than the PV game if that makes sense. I was pretty sure they would handle PV, but seeing them keep fighting in the Unioto game was far more impressive to me. I wish I could see their games at the Holiday Classic, as it will show even more progression from a still young basketball team.

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

Talked to Piketon coach over the holidays at the in-laws. Was told they shot over 50% in every scrimmage but haven't shot 50% yet in a real game and still sit at 5-1. Perdue is shooting 57% on the year and over 80% from the line. From what I see they only have one experienced varsity player. As the season goes, I expect them to peak. Might go catch the holiday classic. Always a good atmosphere. Ross county should put in an 8-team edition!

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Glad to see my Warriors quietly moving up the rankings. Like EVERY Blane Maddox coached squad this year’s edition of the BIG BAD BLUE, is getting better every game. Lots of hard work dedication and sacrifice go into an average talented team winning 16-18 games and advancing to the Convo. Nobody in SE Ohio does it ANY better or more consistently then the Warren Warriors coaching staff.
Thanks for your contribution to SE Ohio HS Basketball PFloyd. You make it so much more interesting for HS basketball fans this side of the Lancaster/Dixon Line.
Happy Holidays! 🎄

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”