Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #4 - Christmas Edition ...

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #4 - Christmas Edition ...

Post by pfloyd »

WarriorBlue wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:12 pm Glad to see my Warriors quietly moving up the rankings. Like EVERY Blane Maddox coached squad this year’s edition of the BIG BAD BLUE, is getting better every game. Lots of hard work dedication and sacrifice go into an average talented team winning 16-18 games and advancing to the Convo. Nobody in SE Ohio does it ANY better or more consistently then the Warren Warriors coaching staff.
Thanks for your contribution to SE Ohio HS Basketball PFloyd. You make it so much more interesting for HS basketball fans this side of the Lancaster/Dixon Line.
Happy Holidays! 🎄
... Happy Holidays to you too WarriorBlue ! ... Warren travels to WVa to take on the Parkersburg Big Red Thursday night ... PHS (2-3) ... should be a good game ...

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:53 pm
WarriorBlue wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:12 pm Glad to see my Warriors quietly moving up the rankings. Like EVERY Blane Maddox coached squad this year’s edition of the BIG BAD BLUE, is getting better every game. Lots of hard work dedication and sacrifice go into an average talented team winning 16-18 games and advancing to the Convo. Nobody in SE Ohio does it ANY better or more consistently then the Warren Warriors coaching staff.
Thanks for your contribution to SE Ohio HS Basketball PFloyd. You make it so much more interesting for HS basketball fans this side of the Lancaster/Dixon Line.
Happy Holidays! 🎄
... Happy Holidays to you too WarriorBlue ! ... Warren travels to WVa to take on the Parkersburg Big Red Thursday night ... PHS (2-3) ... should be a good game ...

The Big Reds have a couple solid kids and the atmosphere should be classic. Playing in the World War Era building in a front of a packed house. Anytime the schools in this area from opposite sides of the river play it’s gonna be a big game. I’m excited to see how the Warriors handle the “Tournament” atmosphere against a physical team. The Warriors have several kids that will be experiencing this level of basketball for the 1st time. Win or lose the experience is valuable in the Warriors attempt to get out of Logan with on of those 4 golden tickets!

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

Ill just set back and let Trojandave take this one

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I can’t wait for those that seriously question Fairland at #1 because of their 2 losses. It’ll happen. Someone will bite.

94dragons
Waterboy

Post by 94dragons »

Fairland lost to Lenett, AL 72-70 on a last second tip in.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

94dragons wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:34 pm Fairland lost to Lenett, AL 72-70 on a last second tip in.
...What a great comeback ! down 16 points with 12 minutes to play in the game , outscored Lanett 40-26 in the last 12 minutes plus ... size does matter, too much on the boards for Lanett with 21 second chance points including the last second tipin ... great showing for the Dragons !

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:30 pm I can’t wait for those that seriously question Fairland at #1 because of their 2 losses. It’ll happen. Someone will bite.
[/quote

Guaranteed

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Great showing Fairland. This tournament has the best of the best

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If it takes that kind of tournament to beat the SEO #1 I would keep them their.
Going to have to be defeated by someone in this area to drop them.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Fairlands next non SEO test comes in Dayton when they play St Vincent St Mary’s. Fairland could very well have 3 losses by mid-January but even then I think they deserve #1. Like noreply said, it’ll have to take a team from SEO to knock them off

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Fairland is #1 - end of speculation , even if they go 0-3 vs the USA in NC ... Pfloyd is in the gym at Maysville HS to see Vinton County take on the 4-2 Panthers of Maysville out of the MVL ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:44 pm Fairland is #1 - end of speculation , even if they go 0-3 vs the USA in NC ... Pfloyd is in the gym at Maysville HS to see Vinton County take on the 4-2 Panthers of Maysville out of the MVL ...
Should be a good game

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

From what I watched last night, I feel like Fairland should beat Myrtle Beach on Friday morning. But, yeah, someone from SEO has to knock them off before they even budge.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

So Fairland is gonna drop, right??

I'm just kidding. Major kudos to them for going to that tourney. Great for the kids and will make them better.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Pfloyd: This might be the first year in a long time where there is a Top 6 and not a True Top 8. People are saying you have Piketon overrated but I’m wondering who should’ve been placed ahead of them? Then I see Gallia loses by 47 to Fairland and is #7 and we all know that you can’t get beat by 31 and stay in the top 8..... wait that’s football and a Top 4. But truly Fairland is D2 and Gallia is D2 and that 47 Point disparity weakens the Top 8.

And there’s nothing you can do!

But wow there’s a huge divide between the top 6 and everyone else right now.

You know I have a vested interest in South Webster and we are keeping track of your ratings and notice that we are 8th ranked by Division 4 teams. My hope is the 7 in front of us would have the same record as My Jeeps do if they played the same schedule. Your rankings have me worried about moving to the Meigs Sectional though— after last year’s historically bad Meigs Sectional—- this year you are valuing the TVC Hocking highly and it’s been noticed.

Thank you for doing the work and accepting the criticism that comes with it.

Merry Christmas—- Happy New Year and Go Bucks!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

Coalgrove 76
Palmetto Christian academy 52
Final
Cherokee holiday tournament
North Carolina

I’m a neutral fannnnn of every one in southern ohio
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Adena and Federal Hocking both notched their first wins tonight! Both teams have really good Freshmen as well, so their futures should be pretty bright.

McClain has been playing without Sophomore Dylan Mischal, who makes a gigantic difference for them. He was in a walking boot tonight, so I'm not sure how close he is to returning.

Like I said in the updates thread, Adena played 5 Freshmen tonight and had 4 on the floor at the same time for a good bit of time. Their best player is a junior, but the Warriors may be a team to watch for next season. The freshmen have good length and have 2-3 really nice shooters in that group as well.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Danicalifornia: I don’t think I know of a time a Varsity team at The D3 Level had 4 freshmen on the floor in a win. That’s remarkable

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Btw. I will add to the little bit of chatter that Portsmouth West has been given on here. I think they are legitimately 15 spots too low. They are not the Typical Portsmouth West are definitely better than some of the teams ahead of them. Especially the SOC1 teams above them (exceptions of New Boston and Eastern).

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:30 pm I can’t wait for those that seriously question Fairland at #1 because of their 2 losses. It’ll happen. Someone will bite.
Alabama was No. 1 all year ,,, lost one game, on the road, in hostile territory, to a rival ,,, and dropped ... lol

Just sayin ...

:mrgreen:

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”