Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #8

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
bbjunky81
SEO

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #8

Post by bbjunky81 »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:01 pm

Transfer from Huntington
I see. Is Huntington even close to South Gallia? That seems like a little bit of a haul, but what do I know.

What's the name/grade of the individual? And is he truly that big of a help?

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

another great job pfloyd....The Trojans travel to Dawson-Bryant and host South Point this week as we head into the meat of the OVC slate

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I know that Unioto is playing Southeastern tonight (Monday 1/22) ... are there other games (make up games) being played this fine/warm/rainy evening ?

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Nice to see my Eagles crack the top 10, there highest ranking all year! Barrick has them playing good ball ecspecially on the defensive end.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

beaverlover wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:29 pm Nice to see my Eagles crack the top 10, there highest ranking all year! Barrick has them playing good ball ecspecially on the defensive end.
beaverlover ... I have been waiting to read where Cochenour started to adjust to varsity play ... he's had 2 good offensive games in a row - adding more outside scoring to the Eagles attack ... if he's on the floor it must mean he is playing good at BOTH ends of the floor for Coach Barrick ... I've been watching Eastern all year ! - I ALWAYS keep an eye on the teams which have the coaches that I respect courtside - Coach Barrick is an excellent coach ! ...

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:39 pm
beaverlover wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:29 pm Nice to see my Eagles crack the top 10, there highest ranking all year! Barrick has them playing good ball ecspecially on the defensive end.
beaverlover ... I have been waiting to read where Cochenour started to adjust to varsity play ... he's had 2 good offensive games in a row - adding more outside scoring to the Eagles attack ... if he's on the floor it must mean he is playing good at BOTH ends of the floor for Coach Barrick ... I've been watching Eastern all year ! - I ALWAYS keep an eye on the teams which have the coaches that I respect courtside - Coach Barrick is an excellent coach ! ...

Cochenour had a big weekend.. Friday vs Green his shooting in the 4th quarter carried the Eagles as they overcame a 11 point 4th quarter deficit.. also made 4 3s vs Peebles Saturday, definitely shooting it with confidence,he still improving on defensive end as a sophomore, but kid is gonna give other coaches fits next couple years. I agree with Easterns ranking at 10.Imo 3 very good losses to #3 Oak Hill,Afrecentric and Ripley..all very good teams..and wins vs #20 Piketon (neutral floor),@#13Waverly,#27 New Boston and #15 Peebles (@NAdams). Well deserved..I believe this is Eagles highest ranking since 2013 when "Bad" Chad Lands and Tavarres Pickett led Eastern to pfloyds famous "elite 8" ranking! On a side note, I expect Green to keep moving up your rankings,they are much improved and Kimbler is a great player for them,gave Eastern all they wanted Friday.. wouldn't want to draw the Bobcats in tourney if I was a D4 coach.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

beaverlover wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:10 pm
pfloyd wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:39 pm

Cochenour had a big weekend.. Friday vs Green his shooting in the 4th quarter carried the Eagles as they overcame a 11 point 4th quarter deficit.. also made 4 3s vs Peebles Saturday, definitely shooting it with confidence,he still improving on defensive end as a sophomore, but kid is gonna give other coaches fits next couple years. I agree with Easterns ranking at 10.Imo 3 very good losses to #3 Oak Hill,Africentric and Ripley..all very good teams..and wins vs #20 Piketon (neutral floor),@#13Waverly,#27 New Boston and #15 Peebles (@NAdams). Well deserved..I believe this is Eagles highest ranking since 2013 when "Bad" Chad Lands and Tavarres Pickett led Eastern to pfloyds famous "elite 8" ranking! On a side note, I expect Green to keep moving up your rankings,they are much improved and Kimbler is a great player for them,gave Eastern all they wanted Friday.. wouldn't want to draw the Bobcats in tourney if I was a D4 coach.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto 58
Southeastern 41

Paint Valley 65
Piketon 52

Monday finals

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Braves87 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:01 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:46 pm
bman wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:37 pm Logan Elm is 5-8....lost 54-50 to Teays Valley on Thursday and beat Liberty Union 55-45 on Saturday.

Great list. Appreciate your hard work.
Thanks for the correction bman ! good to see you post - hope all is well with you my friend ... I spoke with Coach Stiverson's father at the Logan game last night - he obviously went the LE vs LU game earlier in the day ... told me that LE had 4 freshmen on the court at the same time for the majhority of the game ... that the freshmen accounted for 50 of the Logan Elm 55 points in the win over Liberty Union ... good stuff ! never a doubt in MY mind that Coach Stiverson/Coach Holbert & Coach Dropsey have the 14 year old youngsters full attention ... those "kids" are getting some of the best on the job training they will ever get in this still only half over season ! ...

Pfloyd or Bman Do you happen to know Coach Stiverson's career record at LE? I know he is one win away from 300 which averages out to being about 15 wins a season. Just a Bball geek here lol. Watched him for many years now. Struggling with the freshmen now but the future is bright!
Not sure how many overall losses that Coach Stiverson has. They don't like to talk about them. ;) ;) But, you are correct, he is a win away from 300.

Braves87
Freshman Team

Post by Braves87 »

bman wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:56 pm
Braves87 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:01 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:46 pm

Thanks for the correction bman ! good to see you post - hope all is well with you my friend ... I spoke with Coach Stiverson's father at the Logan game last night - he obviously went the LE vs LU game earlier in the day ... told me that LE had 4 freshmen on the court at the same time for the majhority of the game ... that the freshmen accounted for 50 of the Logan Elm 55 points in the win over Liberty Union ... good stuff ! never a doubt in MY mind that Coach Stiverson/Coach Holbert & Coach Dropsey have the 14 year old youngsters full attention ... those "kids" are getting some of the best on the job training they will ever get in this still only half over season ! ...

Pfloyd or Bman Do you happen to know Coach Stiverson's career record at LE? I know he is one win away from 300 which averages out to being about 15 wins a season. Just a Bball geek here lol. Watched him for many years now. Struggling with the freshmen now but the future is bright!
Not sure how many overall losses that Coach Stiverson has. They don't like to talk about them. ;) ;) But, you are correct, he is a win away from 300.
Thanks bman, Hopefully he gets it tonight

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Athens beat Vinton Co ! WOW !

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Warren now in line to jump into elite 8

Waverly is looking the part too....along with Eastern Pike and Sheridan

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

Fairfield Union beats St. Charles by 15 tonight. A nice win for the falcons.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Zane Trace needs to drop a legit 8-10 spots after their loss to Western at home tonight. Fitch is a very good coach but Westerns best two players transferred out (Perdue and Dunn) and are competing in an extremely down SOC 1.. Fitch has them playing well, but no way in heck should they win at Zane Trace if Zane Trace is even remotely legit.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly 80
Hillsboro 56

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Geronimo wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:09 pm Athens beat Vinton Co ! WOW !
Wow is right. At the vihala, with a healthy Yates (Naylan & Nevin) and Eli Griffith was back.

Been a very wild season in seo!

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Waverly playing extremely well right now! Put up 80 tonight on Hillsboro! Multiple kids knocking down threes. Playing stron aggressive defense. This coming after a very solid performance in beating Lynchburg Clay Saturday!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I agree on Waverly, they're playing well. They should definitely be in consideration for that 8th spot -- and can solidify a spot if they win @ Burg next Friday.
Last edited by bbjunky81 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

Congrats Athens, huge win!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:02 pm I agree on Waverly, they're playing well. They should definitely be in consideration for that 8th spot -- and can solidify a spot if they win @ Burg next Friday.
Waverly has Valley at home this Friday and Washington Court House at home next Tuesday before traveling to Wheelersburg next Friday.
Tigers need to take care of business one game at a time and that means beating Valley this Friday. A loss Friday or next Tuesday hurts their tournament seeding. Should the Tigers win the next three, which means a win at Wheelersburg, they should be in line for the #3 seed and top 8 in Pfloyds Elite 8.
Travis Robertson and Co. have done an excellent job with this group. Not a single basketball superstar but 10 guys buying into the system and busting their butts, working together. They don't get rattled or excited and just find ways to win instead of coming up with ways to lose.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”