Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #1

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #1

Post by pfloyd »

... Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #1 ...

1. Unioto (3-0)

2. Logan Elm (2-0)

3. Portsmouth (1-0)

4. Vinton County (2-0)

5. Chesapeake (1-0)

6. Circleville (2-0)

7. Trimble (0-0)

8. Warren (0-1)

... Treehugger Wannabes ...

Peebles (2-0)
Portsmouth Clay (3-0)
Westfall (2-0)
Logan (1-1)
Alexander (2-1)
Minford (2-0)
15 Lucasville Valley (2-0)

Washington CH (2-2)
Chillicothe (1-2)
Adena (2-1)
Fairland (1-0)
20 Meigs (2-0)

Lynchburg Clay (3-0)
Portsmouth East (1-0)
Fairfield Union (2-1)
Zane Trace (2-1)
25 Miami Trace (1-1)

Eastern Brown (3-0)
Ironton (1-0)
Wheelersburg (1-0)
Marietta (2-1)
30 Wellston (2-1)

Eastern Pike (2-1)
Waterford (0-0)
Oak Hill (1-1)
Athens (0-1)
35 Paint Valley (1-2)

Coal Grove (1-0)
Portsmouth Notre Dame (2-1)
Southeastern (0-3)
South Webster (0-2)
40 Waverly (0-2)

Belpre (2-2)
South Gallia (2-1)
Nelsonville York (2-0)
Fairfield Leesburg (1-2)
45 Greenfield McClain (1-1)

Hillsboro (1-2)
Miller (1-0)
Wahama (0-0)
Symmes Valley (1-2)
50 Sheridan (1-1)

Western Pike (0-1)
Jackson (1-1)
Green (2-1)
Manchester (0-2)
55 North Adams (1-2)

New Lexington (0-2)
Gallia Academy (1-1)
River Valley (1-3)
Portsmouth West (0-1)
60 Federal Hocking (1-2)

Southern (0-2)
Piketon (0-3)
Rock Hill (0-3)
Northwest (0-3)
65 Whiteoak (1-2)

New Boston (1-1)

... Teams on the End Table ...

St. Joseph (0-2)
West Union (0-3)
South Point (0-2)
70 Huntington (0-4)

Reedsville Eastern (0-2)
Crooksville (0-1)

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #1

Post by noreply66 »

Looks good

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Alexander beats Federal Hocking #60 and beats Huntington #70 and gets beat by your #29 team (Marietta) by 22points and they are ranked #13?

Meigs beats Belpre ranked #41 and beats Warren ranked #8 and they are ranked #20?

No complaints, just don't understand it.

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

ma77ox wrote:Alexander beats Federal Hocking #60 and beats Huntington #70 and gets beat by your #29 team (Marietta) by 22points and they are ranked #13?

Meigs beats Belpre ranked #41 and beats Warren ranked #8 and they are ranked #20?

No complaints, just don't understand it.
Agree with ya. I know it's for fun but Meigs who hasn't lost is 12 spots behind Warren who they beat.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Lots of work on here by Pfloyd... Thank you!

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

Valenth wrote:Lots of work on here by Pfloyd... Thank you!
I agree didn't mean any disrespect towards him. Thanks

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Bird Dog wrote:
Valenth wrote:Lots of work on here by Pfloyd... Thank you!
I agree didn't mean any disrespect towards him. Thanks
I didnt see any disrespect in your post. You just made an observation :D

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Looks good pfloyd us basketball junkies love this stuff looks like a big week for my eastern pike eagles got ur #15 valley indians at the nest then #10 clay panthers at their place every week tryn to climb the big board.

GO EAGLES
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Alexander had about a week of practice before they played marietta & were without their top scorer.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

93Bulldog wrote:Alexander had about a week of practice before they played marietta & were without their top scorer.
So these rankings aren't really based off what is done on the court? Warren had all their players and Meigs had one of their starters and high scorers foul out early in 4th period.

In NOWAY complaining. I like looking at these rankings, I wouldn't wanna do it. But do think some teams definitely get favored despite whether they win or lose..WARREN...lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the Alexander ball club was 1 week off the football field when they lost to Marietta ... the Spartans were without Mason Chapman in the first 2 games of the season ... AHS goes 1-1 in the first 2 outings ... Chapman returns to the lineup Spartans win 75-25 ... I still dropped the Spartans from #12 in the Preseason to #13 for the first ranking...

... Meigs 2-0 ... great start ... knocking off Warren AT the WarriorDome on 3 FTs with time off the clock to win by 2 STILL a great win no doubt ... Meigs sat at #38 in the Preseason rankings with the W over Warren Meigs literally jumped 18 spots - unheard of in any ranking - to their current position at #20 not a bad weeks work ... one win doesn't make you Elite 8 ... just as one loss on 3 FTs does not drop you off the planet ...

... this is WEEK #1 ... I've always said that the first 2 weeks is the most fluid of the season ... if this was later in the season Meigs would not have jumped 18 other teams ... moved up ? yes but not 18 places ... BOTH Meigs and Warren will have to prove they deserve their positions ... Meigs takes on a good Athens team this week ... Warren has a rivalry game vs Fort Frye this week as well ... believe me - ALL things work themselves out as the season plays out ... I keep all of the napkin stats from all the games, read them all each game day, when Sunday rolls around ALL of the stats/info/opponents/wins-losses/ who has played whom, who has beaten whom and when (early or late in the season) ...

... NOT an easy task to keep up with 72 teams ... to KNOW what each team brings to the table ... that's why I travel Southern/Southeastern Ohio WATCHING games every Tuesday/sometimes Wednesday/Fridays/Saturdays ... love the sponsored tourneys that have 4-6 games where I can watch that many games in one day (8-12 teams) ...

... I totally understand supporting YOUR team/YOUR kids ... Meigs finished in my polling last season at #46 with a 9-12 record ... they WILL work their way UP the rankings ... Meigs has 3 games this week @Wellston/Athens/Rock Hill ... Wellston knocked off a good Coach Barrick coached Eastern Pike team in Wellston last week while Athens will present its own problems with arguably the best offensive player out there in Griffin Lutz ... this one vs Athens Friday night is on the possible games for pfloyd to take in this week ...

... Friday night looks like Athens @ Meigs, Saturday night WILL BE Alexander vs Minford ... Tuesday is still open (Logan plays at home) ...

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

pfloyd wrote:... the Alexander ball club was 1 week off the football field when they lost to Marietta ... the Spartans were without Mason Chapman in the first 2 games of the season ... AHS goes 1-1 in the first 2 outings ... Chapman returns to the lineup Spartans win 75-25 ... I still dropped the Spartans from #12 in the Preseason to #13 for the first ranking...

... Meigs 2-0 ... great start ... knocking off Warren AT the WarriorDome on 3 FTs with time off the clock to win by 2 STILL a great win no doubt ... Meigs sat at #38 in the Preseason rankings with the W over Warren Meigs literally jumped 18 spots - unheard of in any ranking - to their current position at #20 not a bad weeks work ... one win doesn't make you Elite 8 ... just as one loss on 3 FTs does not drop you off the planet ...

... this is WEEK #1 ... I've always said that the first 2 weeks is the most fluid of the season ... if this was later in the season Meigs would not have jumped 18 other teams ... moved up ? yes but not 18 places ... BOTH Meigs and Warren will have to prove they deserve their positions ... Meigs takes on a good Athens team this week ... Warren has a rivalry game vs Fort Frye this week as well ... believe me - ALL things work themselves out as the season plays out ... I keep all of the napkin stats from all the games, read them all each game day, when Sunday rolls around ALL of the stats/info/opponents/wins-losses/ who has played whom, who has beaten whom and when (early or late in the season) ...

... NOT an easy task to keep up with 72 teams ... to KNOW what each team brings to the table ... that's why I travel Southern/Southeastern Ohio WATCHING games every Tuesday/sometimes Wednesday/Fridays/Saturdays ... love the sponsored tourneys that have 4-6 games where I can watch that many games in one day (8-12 teams) ...

... I totally understand supporting YOUR team/YOUR kids ... Meigs finished in my polling last season at #46 with a 9-12 record ... they WILL work their way UP the rankings ... Meigs has 3 games this week @Wellston/Athens/Rock Hill ... Wellston knocked off a good Coach Barrick coached Eastern Pike team in Wellston last week while Athens will present its own problems with arguably the best offensive player out there in Griffin Lutz ... this one vs Athens Friday night is on the possible games for pfloyd to take in this week ...

... Friday night looks like Athens @ Meigs, Saturday night WILL BE Alexander vs Minford ... Tuesday is still open (Logan plays at home) ...

Definitely not an easy task, I wouldn't even attempt it...I in noway think Meigs should have went to top 8, can't decide that after 2 ball games, this week will determine who Meigs is. I was just thinking that Meigs should have definitely been above Alexander. Because there big win was against a very very bad Fed Hock team. (although improving)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens vs VC on The Plains Tuesday, Floyd.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

ma77ox wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:Alexander had about a week of practice before they played marietta & were without their top scorer.
So these rankings aren't really based off what is done on the court? Warren had all their players and Meigs had one of their starters and high scorers foul out early in 4th period.

In NOWAY complaining. I like looking at these rankings, I wouldn't wanna do it. But do think some teams definitely get favored despite whether they win or lose..WARREN...lol

... the committee of one - me - I "wing it" every Sunday ... actually todays rankings took a good 4 hours plus to do ... mainly because I DO want to get it right ... 93bulldog and I have come a long way from the days of using the "magic 8 ball" to rank teams as we did on the huddle ... 93bulldog started the rankings of the elite 8 ... I joined in, adding a "treehugger view" of my own rankings ... we would give the reasoning behind our rankings of only the top 8 at that time ... some real good scouting reports for teams if they read the rankings ... Ironman92 would have the records for ALL 71 teams at that time throughout the season - which is a chore in itself ... this went on for a good 4-5 years on the huddle ... 93dog disappeared for a couple of years so I took over the rankings and expanded them to all of the teams in Southern/Southeastern Ohio on the huddle ... at some point the huddle started charging to be a member ... Ironman92 convinced me to take my rankings on the road to this new site - at least new to me - called SEOPS - I did ... I have been doing these rankings of the now 72 teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line for more years than I can remember now - this might just be year #10 on SEOPS ... I take a lot of pride in getting the correct information out to the fans of hs hoops ... I DO want to get it right ... IF I didn't feel I was doing it right - being fair to all of the teams, coaches, players, fans - I wouldn't do it ... I could never do this and NOT KNOW what I was talking about ... that's why I spend all winter doing it right -going to games, giving the "pfloyd eye test" to as many teams Below the Line as I can ... 93bulldog and I camp out at the Convo every Feb and March for the 3 Weeks of the Convo to watch games, meeting the people who are fans, the posters here on SEOPs, those fans who we have met there who do the same as us EVERY year - watch hoops ...

... I'm not an expert by any means - I don't profess to be - I DO know good basketball, I know the coaches who do it right, I know good fundamentals of the game at both ends of the floor ... I suppose my best quality is that I am not afraid to be wrong ... I will always agree to disagree ... it's how you keep these threads where they should be - talking about hoops, good observations by all, no smack vs schools/players/coaches ...

... my observations have been over the years that the posters who know what they are talking about are around for a long time ... others WANT to read their observations of games/players/teams ... I hope THAT is what most of the readers on this thread think - that they are getting good information/good insight into games/players/coaches/teams ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote:Athens vs VC on The Plains Tuesday, Floyd.

... that's where I'm leaning 93dog ... I'll see you there - I'll need a copy of the Athens roster ...

Wffan
JV Team

Post by Wffan »

Thanks for all you do! Glad you got to see the Mustangs in person. Would be a lot easier if theae games were on espn! Scores and matchups are different for every game. Players out sick/hurt etc. Looking forward to #11 Westfall at home against #18 Adena Friday.

If you went by scores only, here is a fun breakdown of comparisons.

1. Unioto beat logan by 39
2. Logan beat Marietta by 14
3. Marietta beat Alexander by 22
4. Alexander beat Huntington by 22

Unioto should have beat Huntington by 97 but only won by 30. I don't understand! LOL

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Wffan wrote:Thanks for all you do! Glad you got to see the Mustangs in person. Would be a lot easier if theae games were on espn! Scores and matchups are different for every game. Players out sick/hurt etc. Looking forward to #11 Westfall at home against #18 Adena Friday.

If you went by scores only, here is a fun breakdown of comparisons.

1. Unioto beat logan by 39
2. Logan beat Marietta by 14
3. Marietta beat Alexander by 22
4. Alexander beat Huntington by 22

Unioto should have beat Huntington by 97 but only won by 30. I don't understand! LOL

... LOL !!! ... Wffan - glad I was able to get over to see BOTH Southeastern and Westfall ... as you pointed out on the other game thread - lots of debate as to how Westfall matches up with Unioto ... I've seen both teams now (WF & UHS) ... I'll keep my analysis to myself until this matchup draws near LOL ... funny how you even with all the napkin stats, the records,the Ouija Board input it will STILL come down to kids playing their hearts out for 32 minutes that will decide the outcome of the contest - which is the way it should be imo kids stepping forward, making memories they'll remember for the rest of their lives literally ... sports does that - you can remember moments in time (in my case from over 50 years ago LOL ) ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I just google mapped directions/time for a trip to the West side of Rte 23 to try to see Lynchburg Clay - from the "pfloyd estate" it's 1:58 minutes !!! wow ... the SHAC is the toughest to get over to see - it's a vacation trip to go see a game LOL 4 hours on the road for 1 varsity contest is tough ... but I have heard good things about the Lynchburg team - I NEED to see them at some point before the winter weather rolls in to Southern Ohio ...

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

Unioto only beat Huntington by 30 because Huntington played stall ball the whole 1st qtr. Unioto starters played barely over a half game. Uniotos bench gets a ton of valuable playing time. They easily go 10 deep and this is going to make this team even more potent come tourney time. Unioto doesn't need to run the score up to make themselves look better. Imo they are easily the best team in southeast Ohio And this coming from a chillicothe fan

Wffan
JV Team

Post by Wffan »

It was just an example how you cant just go off scores to rank teams. Nobody is discounting Uniotos 30 point win.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”