Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #1

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
brown22
Varsity

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #1

Post by brown22 »

I seen lynchburg scrimage my eagles in preseason they looked pretty tough got good.shooters and hustle looked to be well coached not a team on the bottom half of the big board glad to see them climb up.

GO EAGLES
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens roster on athens team page on trivalleyconference.com. I am working on getting all 16 teams on tonight.

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

93Bulldog wrote:Athens roster on athens team page on trivalleyconference.com. I am working on getting all 16 teams on tonight.
93Bulldog - FYI - Dickleman is a Sophomore and Maxfield is a Frosh.

PTownhoops
Riding the Bench

Post by PTownhoops »

Looks good PFloyd!!!! Thanks for keeping us up to date you the man.

Thelongwindedanswer
Riding the Bench

Post by Thelongwindedanswer »

I see that Wellston has one loss, who was that to?
BTW Thanks for the hard work Pfloyd

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

another great Monday of reading. Ive been following the dog and pfloyd since year one on the huddle.There is no better place to stay up to date on the news and views of South Eastern Ohio basketball.It always makes me chuckle to see someone challenge those views.Those in the know realize the work you put in each year and 99.9 % of the time at the end of the year you are spot on! Thanks for everything you do........on that note Id love to see my Trojans maintain the Top Three position, its going to be tough with our lack of size, but in the end it may be the size of the heart that dictates how far we go!

Rabeanos0512
Freshman Team

Post by Rabeanos0512 »

To try and keep up with all teams is impossible. The top 10 is what is important. If your team is not in that list, then you are the Ohio State buckeyes of this years football playoffs. If your team gains wins and starts to flow, pfloyd will take more notice. IMO.
The amount of effort it takes to even rank the other 50 or so is impressive. keep up the good work!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Rabeanos0512 wrote:To try and keep up with all teams is impossible. The top 10 is what is important. If your team is not in that list, then you are the Ohio State buckeyes of this years football playoffs. If your team gains wins and starts to flow, pfloyd will take more notice. IMO.
The amount of effort it takes to even rank the other 50 or so is impressive. keep up the good work!

Thanks Rabeanos0512 ... IF it was enjoyable I wouldn't do it that's for sure ... I've been napkins stats on games for so long I can't even go to a game and just watch LOL - I have to keep stats/analyze both teams during/after the games LOL ... there must be a disease name for this addiction LOL ... thank you for reading the thread ! - hate to think I do it all for only myself ... I try to be "fair and balanced" ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

ShoeHorn wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:Athens roster on athens team page on trivalleyconference.com. I am working on getting all 16 teams on tonight.
93Bulldog - FYI - Dickleman is a Sophomore and Maxfield is a Frosh.
Thanks. I got the rosters form the messenger preview. Darn Wiseman.

:mrgreen:

Wffan
JV Team

Post by Wffan »

#2 Logan Elm goes down to Bloom 57-55.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the Elite 8 is sliding to the 2nd page ?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Hoops season doesn't really get going until after the holidays ... at least for some anyways. lol

With no deep playoff runs in football, I've been in basketball mode for weeks.

I'll be in Rock Springs Friday to catch a glimpse of Meigs, then over to the Alley on Saturday to call the Alexander vs Minford game.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Key early season games this weekend Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line include:

Friday night 12/11 -

Out of the TVC:

Alexander
@ Vinton County

Trimble
@ Belpre

SVC :

Adena
@ Westfall

Paint Valley
@ Southeastern

SOC :

Eastern Pike
@ Portsmouth Clay

Lucasville Valley
@ Wheelersburg

Saturday night must sees 12/12 :

MSL

Logan Elm
@ Circleville

TVC

Minford
@ Alexander

... other BIG match-ups ?

SHACFan
Freshman Team

Post by SHACFan »

Portsmouth Clay at Manchester has the potential to be a interesting game on Saturday, especially after Clay plays Eastern the night before.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I had thought I was going to head for Meigs to catch the Meigs vs Athens contest Friday night BUT I don't think I can pass up the Alexander vs Vinton Co. game ... after seeing Athens I will have a good idea as to what Meigs brings to the table based on the MHS performance at home vs the Bulldogs ... the Saturday night I will be at the Alley to see Alexander vs Minford ... IF the Falcons are traveling into pfloyd territory I HAVE TO get out the see them, this should be a good game vs the Spartans ... the Logan Elm battle in Round town vs Circleville IS THE GAME of the weekend BUT I'll have a chance to see round #2 of this MSL match-up on the Reservation later in the season ... Minford vs Alexander wins out on Saturday night ...

... best of luck to all of the teams this weekend ... wish I was closer to Portsmouth to get down to see Portsmouth Clay vs Eastern Pike tomorrow night ... I would like to catch the Panthers in action as they are in striking distance of the Elite 8 for the first time EVER ...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Wffan wrote:#2 Logan Elm goes down to Bloom 57-55.
Bloom-Carroll with road wins over Zanesville and Logan Elm. Only loss to D1 St. Charles, which recently beat DeSales.

B-C has 6-8 post and a couple of good guards.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

SHACFan wrote:Portsmouth Clay at Manchester has the potential to be a interesting game on Saturday, especially after Clay plays Eastern the night before.

... those SHAC 'basketball" schools are so hard for me to read during the season - Manchester has been down the last coupe of seasons BUT they ARE a basketball school in my mind with history ... you are probably right SHACFan about this one being a good matchup with Clay playing a BIG time game vs the Eagles Friday night ... I'll be looking for a good rundown on the is from all of you from West of Rte. 23 ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Two big SVC games this weekend, both featuring Adena.

Adena travels through Clarksburg into Williamsport to face the Mustangs of Westfall. Westfall wants to prove that they are for real. They haven't faced anyone like a Brian Hall yet this season, so it will be interesting to see how they deal with his size and athleticism.

On Saturday, the Warriors host Unioto at the Wigwam. Can Adena have two big outputs on back to back nights, because they'll need all they can get when the Shermans roll into town.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote:Two big SVC games this weekend, both featuring Adena.

Adena travels through Clarksburg into Williamsport to face the Mustangs of Westfall. Westfall wants to prove that they are for real. They haven't faced anyone like a Brian Hall yet this season, so it will be interesting to see how they deal with his size and athleticism.

On Saturday, the Warriors host Unioto at the Wigwam. Can Adena have two big outputs on back to back nights, because they'll need all they can get when the Shermans roll into town.

... I don't have the schedules for the SVC - I take them off the SVCportszone.com website and they only have Friday's lineup "up" so far ... Unioto AT Adena the other matchup in the SVC that would be BIGGER would be Westfall vs Unioto ... give us a good rundown after the game AND updates during the game daniC ...

Wffan
JV Team

Post by Wffan »

bman wrote:
Wffan wrote:#2 Logan Elm goes down to Bloom 57-55.
Bloom-Carroll with road wins over Zanesville and Logan Elm. Only loss to D1 St. Charles, which recently beat DeSales.

B-C has 6-8 post and a couple of good guards.
Looks like Bloom is tough. Not a bad loss for Logan Elm at all. Just giving the score.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”