Chillicothe vs. Logan Elm 2/18/09

barman
Riding the Bench

Re: Chillicothe vs. Logan Elm 2/18/09

Post by barman »

I was a basket or two off. I thought the pace favored the much smaller LE team. LE hit just enough 3's and scrapped at the end when they had to. Both teams has numerous chances to pull ahead but just couldn't get a good shot to fall (CHS) or even get a shot (LE).

I was surprised CHS took so many outside shots, given their height advantage at nearly every point on the floor, and I am surprised LE didn't get after CHS on the press more aggressively. CHS didn't look all that comfortable bringing the ball up the floor.

No cross-town rivalry additions this year. I am wondering if the Chilly faithful think Coach Hughes will be back at helm of CHS next year ?

I don't think anyone was over-rated - I think both had identical 14-6 records and there is not much difference between a 4 and 5 seed, imho. I will miss the CHS / Unioto rematch, however - was looking forward to it.

Good luck to LE.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

CHS Fan wrote:You are right BP, the girls did deserve better! I've watched a lot of basketball in my day (and this group of girls since they were young). They have so much talent and yet they have struggled so much this year. This group that was so successful up until this point. One might ask why, but the reason is pretty obvious. You ladies played your hearts out and have nothing to be ashamed of, in life there are things beyond your control and this was one of them. To the Juniors I hope next year is better for you and you can find the chemistry to win. Seniors, you ladies are exceptional in every way. You are very talented, devoted and classy group. It's just a shame you were limited and not able to play to your potential. I wish you the very best. You have made Chillicothe proud!

I meant the way they lost last night in deserving a better fate not in who did or did not play this year or what their role was.Losing in the tournament in general is hard to take but to lose such a close game has to hurt even more.I'm still hurting over it so I can imagine how the girls feel...
Last edited by Black Panther on Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Operator
Riding the Bench

Post by Operator »

Is Coach Hughes's dad still helping her. Was he on the bench last night.I thought he was the varsity assistant. Looks like with those two together could have pulled out a win some way

CHS Fan
Waterboy

Post by CHS Fan »

One would think that would be true, however...

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

D2 and D3 are alot different. Coach Hughes had success in D3 with alot of athletes but in D2 it takes more than alot of athletes. Most D2 and D1 schools have the athletes, it becomes more about the game of basketball.

I say over time it may be a good hire, good luck to the Chilli girls next year.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Operator wrote:Is Coach Hughes's dad still helping her. Was he on the bench last night.I thought he was the varsity assistant. Looks like with those two together could have pulled out a win some way

Yes,he has been on the bench most if not all the games this year.And yes,he is the varsity assistant.You see them talking over stuff and preparing all the time before games...So much so I didn't even want to interupt them last night to say hello...You dont mess with great basketball minds at work...

Return to “Girls Basketball”