Peebles Coach Resigns

Five Point
JV Team

Re: Peebles Coach Resigns

Post by Five Point »

Frankie is a nice guy and a great coach. Best of luck to him. He did a very good job in his tenure @ Peebles. This job could be one heck of a good time in a few years. Good luck to the applicants.

justproveit7
Waterboy

Post by justproveit7 »

shljunkie wrote:and not someone who doesn't bleed red.

I'm curious who you think doesn't "bleed red". Can you explain?

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

that would be...someone who bleeds green..or blue..or any other color for that matter.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

Man, that would be a little strange. That person will be the subject of many medical debates if they are bleeding anything other than red blood. ;-) :lol: :lol:

tagyourit
Riding the Bench

Post by tagyourit »

shljunkie i hardly ever post, but just read on the two sites and you always have a lot to say...by all you post and your knowledge, you should apply. it seems like you always have the best intrest of the kids in mind and never play into the drama or make sideways comments or posts about situations.

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

you evidently didn't get the inside humor tagyourit....but that's okay we'll look over it. Nope, last thing I would want to do is coach girls basketball. Kudos to those that do though.
tagyourit...seems you have a little chip on your shoulder. I was just responding to a post like everyone else. Chill a little.

indians10
Riding the Bench

Post by indians10 »

So alot of the names being thrown around seems to be X coaches.I undersand your comment shljunkie about bleeding red.Not to hard to figure out is it.Back to the coaches that might be applying for the Peebles job.How succesful were they in there previous jobs?Caldwell,not rehired at peebles,Doddridge,not rehired at Peebles,Carson has no High School or Jr High experence,Mcfarland shoved out of his positon,if ur meaning Doug,Prior does have JH experence,Hoop JV coach,had a pretty good record in his first year.Will there be local panel formed again to come up with a coach?Could get interesting.

tagyourit
Riding the Bench

Post by tagyourit »

shljunkie no chip on my shoulder. i got the inside humor.

West Sider
Varsity

Post by West Sider »

Doddridge is the man for the job

justproveit7
Waterboy

Post by justproveit7 »

indians10 wrote:So alot of the names being thrown around seems to be X coaches.I undersand your comment shljunkie about bleeding red.Not to hard to figure out is it.Back to the coaches that might be applying for the Peebles job.How succesful were they in there previous jobs?Caldwell,not rehired at peebles,Doddridge,not rehired at Peebles,Carson has no High School or Jr High experence,Mcfarland shoved out of his positon,if ur meaning Doug,Prior does have JH experence,Hoop JV coach,had a pretty good record in his first year.Will there be local panel formed again to come up with a coach?Could get interesting.

Carson DOES have High School experience. He coached Freshmen Boys last year and he also led his AAU girls team to the Nationals last summer. That said, the rumor that he has applied for the job is completely false.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

Sometimes its better to hire someone from the outside who has a strong enough personality to withstand inside pressure and influence. Someone who has only the interest of the team as his priority and who cannot be accused of favoritism based on past associations.
This is not a shot at the Peebles program but rather a general observation.

YC08
Riding the Bench

Post by YC08 »

I sure hate to hear Coach Frankie resigned. He always does a great job no matter what he coaches. Here's something funny......If I'm not mistaken I think he bled both red and green :lol:

YC08
Riding the Bench

Post by YC08 »

....and by the way is that Suzie Mcfarland or Doug Mcfarland that's interested?

indians10
Riding the Bench

Post by indians10 »

West sider what makes you think hes the man for the job?He tried coaching at Peebles a few years ago,didnt work out real well.A lot of people from North West werent upset that he left.Is there something we dont kow,that makes him the man for the job?Just saying hire Doddridge isnt enough.

opiie94
Riding the Bench

Post by opiie94 »

I heard the reason for Mr. Stevens leaving was due to taking some college classes. I think it was a time issue.

vikings12345
Waterboy

Post by vikings12345 »

My reccomendation is that they hire Brock Caldwell. He's a teacher in the school, did a great job at North Adams developing there young talent and is ready to be a head coach. When will they know something?

peeblesportsfan1391
Riding the Bench

Post by peeblesportsfan1391 »

well heck Dodridge is a teacher @ the high school if thats what were going by....The coach needs to be willing to stay at the school for awhile and build the program, they also need to be a person that knows the girls well and will be able to motivate them to regain pride in the Peebles Girls program.....The biggest key however as shljunkie said is that the coach has to be willing to "bleed red"....we don't need somebody that has been jumpin up and down cheering for a rival school, and has been "trash talkin" about how much better the other school's program was..... I'm jus saying you wouldn't have Iran's president come be the President for the U.S...........within the next couple of years the Peebles girls team will have one of the best programs it has seen since they went to state in '98

Five Point
JV Team

Post by Five Point »

Any news on who they chose last night?

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

Stan Doddridge is the new girls head coach.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

peeblesportsfan1391 wrote:well heck Dodridge is a teacher @ the high school if thats what were going by....The coach needs to be willing to stay at the school for awhile and build the program, they also need to be a person that knows the girls well and will be able to motivate them to regain pride in the Peebles Girls program.....The biggest key however as shljunkie said is that the coach has to be willing to "bleed red"....we don't need somebody that has been jumpin up and down cheering for a rival school, and has been "trash talkin" about how much better the other school's program was..... I'm jus saying you wouldn't have Iran's president come be the President for the U.S...........within the next couple of years the Peebles girls team will have one of the best programs it has seen since they went to state in '98

You're such an idiot!!!!

It is comments like this that will cause the Peebles program to continue to go absolutely NOWHERE!!!

Return to “Girls Basketball”