What's the chances of the Oak Hill Lady Oaks going to State?

Will they make it to state and if so will they win?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:12 pm

Total votes: 0

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: What's the chances of the Oak Hill Lady Oaks going to State?

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I'll make a prediction and say they lose in regional finals.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

This is the last year that anyone will have to contend with Regina, as the school is closing at the end of the school year. The Catholic Diocese made the decision to shut the school down a couple of months ago. I know that doesn't help this year, but in the future, that team will no longer be an issue in D III.

Crazzzy_Gurl
Waterboy

Post by Crazzzy_Gurl »

Good Question....
wolley07 wrote:They will make state will all the girls coming back that made a difference. I really think the girls to watch out for on this team that are key factors are Puckett and Caudill. They are by far the best out of those 8 that play (why the Caudill girl doesnt start is a good question?) Good luck girls
Why doesn't the Caudill girl start? From what I've seen, she is the best all-around player on that team. When they play tough teams she makes a quick entry. I've never seen a "6th man" that is better than the starting 5...it's ridiculous!

Buckeye84
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye84 »

Crazzzy_Gurl wrote:Good Question....
wolley07 wrote:They will make state will all the girls coming back that made a difference. I really think the girls to watch out for on this team that are key factors are Puckett and Caudill. They are by far the best out of those 8 that play (why the Caudill girl doesnt start is a good question?) Good luck girls
Why doesn't the Caudill girl start? From what I've seen, she is the best all-around player on that team. When they play tough teams she makes a quick entry. I've never seen a "6th man" that is better than the starting 5...it's ridiculous!

I totally agree!! I know I will hear it from Oaks fans for saying this but.. I believe it's either Caudill starting or Coach Hales daughter... so you get my point...

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

Buckeye84 wrote:
Crazzzy_Gurl wrote:Good Question....

I totally agree!! I know I will hear it from Oaks fans for saying this but.. I believe it's either Caudill starting or Coach Hales daughter... so you get my point...

I TRULY BELEIVE ANY OF THE TOP 8 COULD START BUT AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE, IT'S NOT THE MINUTES YOU PLAY THAT COUNT BUT THE WAY YOU PLAY YOUR MINUTES.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

its who is in at the end that counts.

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Qualified is right, who finishes the game is what truly counts. I think the Oaks will make it to the State, at that point anything can happen.

buckdowninOtown
Waterboy

Post by buckdowninOtown »

after watching the lady oaks play this year i seriously think they can make it all the way and potentially win

Easterneagle
Waterboy

Re: What's the chances of the Oak Hill Lady Oaks going to St

Post by Easterneagle »

i think they will! with all of the talent they have they sure do have a good chance!
Good Luck oaks! :12223

sportnut
Riding the Bench

Post by sportnut »

They'd have very good chances if they could play'em all at home.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

I thought ironton beat oak hill last year to go to state.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Lady Oaks have a very good chance of making it a step or two further this year..........

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

MightyOaksFan wrote:Actually it goes through Regina. Africentric hasn't done anything in div. 3
I thought Regina shut down the sports program?

Either way, it's Jan 1 and I can't believe there is a thread already on Oak Hill winning the state.
Can you at least let them get to the middle of February before the conversation starts? Waaaay too many things can happen between now and tourney time.

Don't get so caught up in the destination that you forget to enjoy the journey!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

This whole thread was from last year. check the dates, someone just dug it up to get it started again. You are correct that Regina is now closed but last year they were still playing.

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

I want to sit a few things straight as an oak hill fan some of things you say are wrong. First off both adkins and puckett graduated last year. Also lakin caudill is a starter for us this year.

Ole_Cuzin_Funk
Freshman Team

Post by Ole_Cuzin_Funk »

jeep80 wrote:
MightyOaksFan wrote:Actually it goes through Regina. Africentric hasn't done anything in div. 3
I thought Regina shut down the sports program?

Either way, it's Jan 1 and I can't believe there is a thread already on Oak Hill winning the state.
Can you at least let them get to the middle of February before the conversation starts? Waaaay too many things can happen between now and tourney time.

Don't get so caught up in the destination that you forget to enjoy the journey!
A disgruntled Lawrence Co Parent cant get past getting beat and obviously has nothing to do to dig back to last year to find this thread. As far as winning at home.......Myself, my dad, and my mom will be the ref for all home games the rest of the year. Mom is kinda lazy, so she'll be calling from half court!!!!!! LMAO

Falconburger
JV Team

Post by Falconburger »

Not saying Oaks wont go, but it is awfully long season, and the good thing about basketball, anyone can lose on a night in the tourny, alot of teams get better at the end of the season and alot of coaches do well in the tourny, just know how to get their players to perform..if it was that simple Oakes would have a couple of girls state titles, right? They are tough and you have to give them credit for that..alot of things can happen between now and then..

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

MightyOaksFan wrote:This whole thread was from last year. check the dates, someone just dug it up to get it started again. You are correct that Regina is now closed but last year they were still playing.
I've been duped!!! :aaaaa1

Return to “Girls Basketball”