Tri-Valley Conference Division Standings (Dec. 25th)

Who wins 2nd place in the TVC-Hocking

Poll ended at Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:27 am

Total votes: 0

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Tri-Valley Conference Division Standings (Dec. 25th)

Post by 93Bulldog »

JANUARY 5TH STANDINGS:

TVC-OHIO

1. Alexander --(4-0 TVC-Ohio),(4-4 Overall)
2. Meigs Marauders.(3-0) , (5-3)
3. Athens Bulldogs. .(3-1) , (3-6)
4. Vinton County. ..(1-3) , (3-6)
5. Belpre Eagles ---.(1-2) , (3-4)
6. Wellston Rockets (0-3) , (2-6)
7. Nelsonville-York (0-3) , (1-6)

TVC-HOCKING

1. Eastern Eagles. .(3-0) , (8-0)
2. Waterford. ... ..(3-0) , (5-1)
3. Federal Hocking .(2-1) , (4-5)
4. Trimble 'Cats ... (1-2) , (2-5)
5. Southern .... ....(0-3) , (2-8)
6. Miller Falcons ... (0-3) , (1-6)

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

The Eastern girls are tearing it up right now, hopefully they can carry this hot streak when they take on Waterford

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I agree 86. It is time for the streak to end. If Fed Hock had Iris playing, the streak could have very well ended in Sturt on January 28th. I'll be pulling for your Lady Iggles when you tee it up with the Lady Wildcats!

Go Get It
Freshman Team

Post by Go Get It »

Eastern 59

Meigs 39

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

93Bulldog The Lady Cats are 4-2 over-all with the two losses coming from DII Marietta and DI North Canton Hoover. They still have match-ups with Marietta, AAA Parkersburg Lady Big Reds, DII Indian Hills (Cincinnati) at the Classic in the Country, and two games with AAA Parkersburg South out of conference. A very formable schedule for a little DIV school.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

That is a very tough schedule and I love to see them playing teams like that. Look at the Eastern boys, they play these weak teams around here and then when they face a decent team in Athens they get beat. I'd rather lose a few games playing against top notch opponents than to play a bunch of nobody's

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

You have to have the teams to play that top notch competition. To schedule top notch teams just to schedule them is not real bright. Many teams can find challenges a few notches below the best.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

I agree, but both the Eastern boys and girls teams needed to schedule some tougher teams this year, it will bite them come tournament time

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Actually 93Bulldog......Here are the correct TVC-Ohio girls standings thru games of Jan. 6 since all are off tonight.

Sorry they don't line up on here like they do when I use style sheet on the Quark XPress page

TVC-OHIO
Overall League
Team W L W L
Alexander 4 4 4 0
Meigs 5 3 3 0
Athens 3 6 3 1
Belpre 2 5 1 2
Vinton County 3 7 1 3
Wellston 2 7 0 3
Nelsonville-York 1 6 0 3

gobucks85
Waterboy

Post by gobucks85 »

Eastern girls beat miller 78 to14. I think but don't quote me on it. I do know but that is pretty close. Eastern girls are very deep. I have seen them start 7 to 8 different girls. The point guard is an excellent dribbler better then a lot of boys I've watched this year. She knows where everyone on the court is at all times , very smart. She was player of the tourney at Parkersburg dec30 31st. Emmri Connery I think is her name only a jr. Eastern will win tbc and finish with over 15 wins

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

THANKS FOR THE SCORES!

KEYSER ... I WENT AHEAD AND MADE THE STANDINGS LOOK THE RIGHT WAY ON THE TVC-WEB-SITE; Overall first, then league ....

buckfever
Riding the Bench

Post by buckfever »

Steely Dan wrote:One thru four TVC Hocking would beat one thru four TVC Ohio, hands down. Sorry, I may sound like Athens 78, and I'm not, but, honestly, that's the way I see it. No offense to A78 either!

What happened tonight, 1/9/2010, Alexander one of the top 4 TVC Ohio Beat one of your top 4 TVC Hocking schools 60 to 46.
Just saying, I know that was only a prediction but I couldn't resist this comment. Goodluck Federal Hocking the rest of the way, keep playing hard.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

And I knew I'd see at least one comment from someone about this. Hard to go on the road and win in the TVC, whether you are boys or girls. And, let's not forget, this group of senior girls has had to play three out of their four years over at Alex. Ask our AD about how that happened. :roll:

Neutral court, some officials other than a group that belongs in the WWE, and I'd expect a different outcome, even without Iris. Put Butcher out there on the floor tonight, even that officiating crew would have had a difficult time keeping Alexander in the game.

I used to respect Whitlach and Korb, but the quality of their officiating has regressed every year for the last three years. Great strategy by Denton, it worked. Congrats to the lady spartans on another home win.

Oh, and one other thing. Ask our AD how Alexander got Fed Hock girls to give up two home games for Alexander's tournaments at OU and Marietta college, make them play the first game at both tournaments (at 9:30 AM), and then have to go play at Alexander, AGAIN.

Fed Hock girls have not had a home game for 32 days as of today, and won't have one until 1/25. That's 48 days between home games. Well, I guess that you should expect that when you only end up having seven home games the entire season :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sorry, one more comment. Nice to see Athens 78 in attendance tonight, I can't wait to read his sparkling commentary in a positive light about the state of the Fed Hock girls and boys basketball program. Ought to be good.

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

According to highschoolsports.net the Waterford Lady Cats game @ Miller has been rescheduled for tues 1/26.

GO LADY CATS!!!

buckfever
Riding the Bench

Post by buckfever »

Let me start by saying that I have nothing in this game I only made the comment because of the bold statement and/or put down Steely Dan said about the Ohio division earlier. Then he comes back with the crying about having to play on the road and the officiating. Let's give the players on both teams some credit.
Come on Steely Dan. Why do we always have to blame the officials. I do not remember the Alex girls fans blaming it on the officials at Fed Hock 2 years ago. I have not watch Alex play much this year but I know they depend on their defense and are very aggressive. Look Whitney Daugherty was on the bench the end of the first and most of the second, if I recall right, due to foul trouble and she is not usually the one in foul trouble.
I understand that Iris would make a big difference and maybe a nuetral court too. I am not from Alexander I just couldn't believe how bad you were putting down the Ohio division schools. I am not saying the Hocking would not or could not beat the ohio division schools, I remember a time when they were all 1 division and Federal Hocking dominated, Lori Williams, Jen Cuckler, etc. They even whipped up on the higher division schools. I respect Federal Hocking and think Butcher is one of the best girls basketball coaches in our area. I also think Iris will kick butt in college.
I would just never make a bold statement like the top 4 hocking would beat the top 4 ohio because you know it will come back and bit you.
Like I said before, keep playing hard Federal Hocking and as for Alexander, I only wish our team would play as hard as they do. I like the way they bust their butt and win with defense even though they are short. I like how coach Guthrie makes the play man to man and play it well.
Nobody likes to get beat by Alex, expecially us. The Alexander Meigs game will be a good one.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Um, that was last year, when the Alex folks were complaining about the coach, not the officials. That is the only time these Alex girls have had to play at Fed Hock. You can go on your "Sentimental Journey" about former FH players from 15 years ago, if that is what works for you.

How can you say that I was "putting down the Ohio teams" so bad? Where did I disparage any of the Ohio teams? I'll stand by my comment, 1-4 Hocking would beat 1-4 Ohio this year, on a neutral court.

Fed Hock is a D IV girls basketball team, and has four seniors playing, three jrs, and the rest are freshman. They had difficulty fielding a varsity team this year, much less a JV team. Alex is DIII, I believe?

I gave Coach Guthrie credit for his strategy, it worked, especially with that officiating crew. When Alex has to play a team with physically strong guards, and the molesting doesn't work, it is a different story.

Hard game to watch tonight, for someone who's been around basketball for a very long time.

buckfever
Riding the Bench

Post by buckfever »

Steely Dan wrote:One thru four TVC Hocking would beat one thru four TVC Ohio, hands down. Sorry, I may sound like Athens 78, and I'm not, but, honestly, that's the way I see it. No offense to A78 either!

No where on this quote do I see the words "nuetral court". You are right Alex is div III and Fed Hock div IV what does this have to do with your statement, you are the one that said hands down top 4 hocking would beat top 4 ohio. you never said anything about divisions. As for players, looking at Alexander they had a hard time fielding a JV team also. They only have 1 senior, I know at least 5 juniors maybe 6, 4 that start, and the rest are soph and fresh, 3 maybe 4 play for JV and dress varsity and play some. The the freshman, which is a federal hocking name, I think Koker or something like that, has potential.
This is the last you will hear from me. The comparison have been made and they look pretty equal except for the divisions. Let's see Alex has beaten 2 teams in their league that are one division up on them so far, Athens and Vinton, Athens having 5 seniors, and so on.
Let it go give Alex credit and go on. I know anytime we have to give Alex credit it sucks but those girls play hard and you can't take that from them.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Your girls did play hard, the entire game. Never said that they did not. Again, I gave Coach Guthrie credit for his strategy, which, I guess, implied, means that he had his girls play hard. I never said that they didn't, and you seem to have some sort of woody about me somewhere saying that the girls didn't deserve the win, because they didn't "play hard".

Let what go? I've given Alex credit for the win. You get over yourself, please.

If you really want to get into a long term engagement with me, keep it up. At this point, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you really don't deserve, and walk away from your squabble.

You won. Good win for you. I've tried to leave at that a couple of times, already.

ervbaseball13
Riding the Bench

Post by ervbaseball13 »

I guess the play on the court says it all concerning the comment about the 2 tvc divisions. Alex beat Fed and if i'm not mistaken, I think Vinton has beat Trimble too. As far as a neutral court and different refs, your wrong again. Fouls caused 2 Alex starters to sit most of the first half. Alex had more team fouls than Fed. On any court i guess the defense that Alex played wouldn't matter either. Alex held Fed to just 5pts in the third quarter and about 6 or 7pts in the fourth when all the starters were in the game.The full court press and in your face D was the difference in the game. When Alex called off the dogs and started putting the backup players in, thats when Fed scored all their pts as Fed left all their starters in the whole game while full court pressing the Alex backups. Say what you want, stand by what you say and we will let the play on the court do the talking.

WangoZTango
Freshman Team

Post by WangoZTango »

Steely....

1) Fed Hock hung with Alex for a half...

2) The officiating was not that bad...although this crew is not the best....

3) Alex out-hussled FH, shot better, and played better defense

4) FH is a good team, with Cuckler and McKibben both playing very well

5) Alex would beat FH this year 8 out of 10 times, even on a neutral court...

6) The Federal Hocking Athletic Director, John Murphy, is a good guy and I am sure he is doing all he can for the sports program...Kudos for getting FH into Cross Country AND Indoor Track!!!

Return to “Girls Basketball”