SEOPS HO

Re: Lady Oaks vs Ironton

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Lady Tigers by 4.......

daluvofallsports
Waterboy

Post by daluvofallsports »

im taking lady oaks by 36 plus. they wont let up. they need to get ready for tournament. will be attending this game. watched ironton and minford go at it last night. wasnt impressed by either team. good luck to my lady oaks.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:Lady Tigers by 4.......

No way unless it is the first two baskets of the game. Oaks by a lot. Although I am rooting for the Lawrence county team. Maybe Coach Adams will bring a cheer block of the SP team to cheer for the local tigers!
:razz: :razz:

thewildone
Freshman Team

Post by thewildone »

2happy4u the so call stupid little kids music is for Ironton's best player #22 Brea Tackett. She's a big taylor swift fan so they put that on there for her, and let's remember they are still in high school which makes them kids !!!!

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Good Luck Fighting Tigers! Keep winning. That is the name of the game! I admire all kids who come out for the team, endure the practices and stays a team player. Great job girls!

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

this one gets ugly fast. tigers had trouble with logans token press. oak hill will have a field day.

lalalaear
Waterboy

Post by lalalaear »

Good luck Lady Tigers!!!
Last edited by lalalaear on Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

lalalaear
Waterboy

Post by lalalaear »

I wanted to say that I agree with the wild one earlier about the kids music choice. You were 100% accurate about this subject. But; I also wanted to say that I also agree with alot of what 2 happy 4u said. I do think that this is not the appropriate place for some of this discussion. This is where your athletic director should step in. This is only supposed to be a site where we can share thoughts and comments as long as there not derrogatory subjects.

ITOWN13
Waterboy

Post by ITOWN13 »

Lala, If you go with the muscle girls who will be your point guard? The other concern would be foul trouble. I would think defensive match ups would be a big problem unless you stay in a zone. Our girls need to play with confidence and not play scared of making a mistake. I think our seniors are under achieving, so far. They are very athletic but that haven't made plays against good teams.
They have to trust their abilities!

Ole_Cuzin_Funk
Freshman Team

Post by Ole_Cuzin_Funk »

Lady Oaks by 40. Atleast

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

Oak Hill 46- Ironton 44 is what I heard the final was.
Sounds like the Lady Tigers gave the Lady Oaks a run for their money.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Wow! Rhiannon, If you tried to cast a spell on Oak Hill it almost worked! :lol: Hope you are well!

lalalaear
Waterboy

Post by lalalaear »

I am very proud of both teams for the sportsmanship shown by both. A job well done by the officials as well. I read that the Oaks were expecting a walk in the
park. First rule of thumb is to never underestimate your opponent. Hats off to the Lady Tigers for coming out and playing tonight as a team. There wasn't a player on the court that didn't play an exceptional part. Keep up the hard work.

basketballnut101
Waterboy

Post by basketballnut101 »

First I will say I am not an OH or Ironton fan, just a fan of southern ohio basketball. I will say this was a barn burner, OH was flat and Ironton never let up. It was a good game, but to see at the end of first half: fouls were OH-8 Ironton-4/ end of 3rd quarter fouls OH-6 Ironton-1, fouls only evened up when Ironton needed the fouls to stop the clock! I thought it got a little chippy on both sides toward the end(wasn't impressesd by that). But this is definetly an eye opener for OH! Ironton has a great team, keep up the good work, tourney time should be fun!!!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

First off, Congrats to the Lady Oaks on the win.

Good job to the Lady Tigers.........when no one on this thread gave you a chance you gave it your all against one of the top teams in D3. Keep your heads up and lets get back to winning. Next up Gallia Academy at Gallipolis.

Ole_Cuzin_Funk
Freshman Team

Post by Ole_Cuzin_Funk »

I give a BIG HAND to Ironton. They played very hard and very well. I wont comment on my other opinions (REFS). Congrats Lady Tigers and good luck the rest of your season!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

IF the refs were a little favorable or a lot (I have no clue as I was not there) it will help Oak Hill as they battled through it and won regardless....much like Alyssa Hammonds' jr and sr years at the regionals in Lancaster. I thought Oak Hill got toasted completely in 2 of those games........but they prevailed and one year continued on to the finals of the state.

ballrmom
Freshman Team

Post by ballrmom »

well to the fans of bball u should first not pretend to be someone else's fan and second u should cheer for your team instead of being jealous if u remember your child was younger once up on a time i am very proud of the young point guard itown has if u were winning things would be different they have to start somewhere and being a freshman and playing varsity with all seniors is very impressive the coach has to have some confidence in that guard. i will say young point guard keep your head up and don't get down u don't no how many people is standing behind u let this make u a stronger person and play ball!!!!!!!!!!go itown tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Girls Basketball”