Vincent Warren Local Lady Warrior Supporters

warriiorfan
Freshman Team

Re: Vincent Warren Local Lady Warrior Supporters

Post by warriiorfan »

lemontwist07 wrote:Very sad that the season has been so bad.Warren supporters need to realize until they get the politics groomed out there will not be any winning seasons again

again - I guess I am clueless about "politics"... if you have been to many games at all you would see that the coaching staff has been searching, and searching, and searching for the player combinations that work best... the problem has been consistency... but ALL have gotten their chance... that doesn't sound like politics to me.?. In fact, I would love to see the minutes of the players... besides one, the next 7 would be very similar!?!

To the supporters, Sectionals start tomorrow, Athens High, still the early game!!!!

GO BLUE!

lemontwist07
Waterboy

Post by lemontwist07 »

warriiorfan wrote:
lemontwist07 wrote:Very sad that the season has been so bad.Warren supporters need to realize until they get the politics groomed out there will not be any winning seasons again

again - I guess I am clueless about "politics"... if you have been to many games at all you would see that the coaching staff has been searching, and searching, and searching for the player combinations that work best... the problem has been consistency... but ALL have gotten their chance... that doesn't sound like politics to me.?. In fact, I would love to see the minutes of the players... besides one, the next 7 would be very similar!?!

To the supporters, Sectionals start tomorrow, Athens High, still the early game!!!!

GO BLUE!
[/quote
Well then obviously you have not been around long enough to know.It is happening now.All the politics are the reason why warren varsity team has had a bad season.

ccrunner
Riding the Bench

Post by ccrunner »

GO BLUE!!!

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

Great job tonight Lady Warriors what a excellent performance. Can't understand how this team was given the 8 seed and after tonight Meigs probably can't either. Oh well you have to play the hand your dealt and now its time for Marietta. Ladies you can play with them you have shown it in the games this year. Remember have fun and play hard they are the 1 seed and they think they are suppose to win, they have all the pressure. Good Luck tomorrow night.
Last edited by jcbigblue on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

I wouldn't get real excited Meigs isn't very good.

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

Neither was Athens.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Good game tonight, best of luck tomorrow night.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Your absolutely right Athens isn't very good. Big disappointment this year.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

jcbigblue wrote:Great job tonight Lady Warriors what a excellent performance. Can't understand how this team was given the 8 seed and after tonight Meigs probably can't either. Oh well you have to play the hand your dealt and now its time for Marietta. Ladies you can play with them you have shown it in the games this year. Remember have fun and play hard they are the 1 seed and they think they are suppose to win, they have all the pressure. Good Luck tomorrow night.

It will be a challenge for Marietta to beat Warren for the 3rd time. Recall that Warren didn't beat them in volleyball until the OHSAA tourney in the fall. And Marietta is due for a fall-off in shooting after a very good shooting outing in their last at Ironton. Usually the two teams don't shoot very well against each other, but Warren could be due for a hot game. More likely would be that Warren could play a great floor and rebounding game and shoot less poorly than Marietta(something like 32% to 24%) and get the upset. The keys for Marietta are rebounding and defense. And of course foul trouble and/or injury could "upset the apple cart".

I agree that proper seeding would have been Warren and Meigs in the 7/10 game and Athens and Vinton in the 8/9 game which would have put Marietta and Warren next against teams they haven't played this season.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

How many times did Athens and Meigs play this year and what were the results? How about Athens vs. Vinton County, and how about Meigs vs. Vinton County?

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Warren did beat them once before the OHSAA tourney in volleyball, thanks.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

I know Athens beat Vinton County in both regular season games and beat Meigs twice also. Must have been a great shoot by the Vinton girl last night.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

athens78 wrote:Your absolutely right Athens isn't very good. Big disappointment this year.

78, where is all this talent that Athens has? All you do is run your chops, but you give NO FACTS, no basis on anything just flap your freaking gums and 99% of it is putting down Athens. We are all sorry your kid never got to play after Jr. High when you were not allowed to be his coach anymore, but let it go! Or provide this great insight that you have. Athens girls won 3 games as Sophmores (beat 2 winless teams Portsmouth x2 and Groveport). Athens routinely got beat by 50 points a night. The Jr. High program has been so bad that Athens only had one girl come out of the Jr. High program even try to play High School ball in the Junior Class! ONE! Athens appears to have some decent Sophmores, however you are not going to beat Logan, Gallia, Morgan, Ripley WV, Jackson, Alexander with a couple of Sophmores. Elena Lein, have you ever seen her score with a post move? score doing something besides just turning around to shoot? How many shots outside the paint have you seen the Staten girl make this year? How many times have you seen the Christensen girl handle the ball while being pressured? The answer to all of those is NONE! Now the girls appear to be getting better, but teaching skills take time. Who are the scorers on that team? Who are the ball handlers? Where is all this talent? Please give some insight instead of slams! Your act is growing old!

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

Pol, can you please take your Athens rantings somewhere else.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

LOL, that's good, come at me when three other post were made about Athens prior to my post.

Good Luck against Marietta. Does that make you a little less Blue?

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

Wow you think that was coming at you, man you must be sheltered. None of the other posters were ranting about the state of Athens basketball. Next time i will say pretty please.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

If you notice, I have more post on Warren threads than anyother school, that is why I find you so freaking funny! So if Warren losses to Marietta will you join the bash Coach Werrey petitions? Like all the other lemmings.

The guy has done a good job, his kids play hard.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Please excuse Pol Pot. Just so you know Pol Pot my child didn't make it passed 5 years old thanks for bringing up those memories, you do it all the time. I wish I would have had a chance to be around her longer let alone coach her. I don't run Athens down I just said it was a disappointing year. Once again you have no clue but I'm sure you'll just come back and say something else about me and my lost loved one.

Good luck Warren tonight anything is possible just look at the Miracle Vinton County pulled off.

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

Pol, What is the title of this thread. If you are here to support the Lady Warriors god bless you, if not start your own thread to discuss the state of Athens basketball, PRETTY PLEASE. No, I will not bash Coach WERRY, he is a friend of mine and a very good person. Remember it's not all about X's and O's in high school. Good Luck tonight ladies pull the upset and bring back another sectional title to Warren.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Blue: Get a Clue! my post was in ANSWER (i put in larger type so you might see) to other post on the Athens team and game. I did not start that, but you so nicely came over and singled me out.

Now it is mail call, so grab your trusty blanky and try to find your clues.

Return to “Girls Basketball”