Waterboy

Re: Vincent Warren Local Lady Warrior Supporters

Post by lemontwist07 »

No worries Warren can only hope to win.

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

I got clue!! My answer would be Pol Pot in the gymnasium with the TOOL. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by jcbigblue on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

Nice try tonight Ladies keep your heads up and starting working for next year. Seniors I personally have enjoyed watching you all play the game, good luck in everything you do.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Cheer up little buddy Blue! The Warriors have some soild underclass athletes returning and will be o.k. In the mean time keep looking for those clues.

lemontwist07
Waterboy

Post by lemontwist07 »

what underclassmen ? Dolak is gone ?

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

mhs95_06 wrote:
jcbigblue wrote:Great job tonight Lady Warriors what a excellent performance. Can't understand how this team was given the 8 seed and after tonight Meigs probably can't either. Oh well you have to play the hand your dealt and now its time for Marietta. Ladies you can play with them you have shown it in the games this year. Remember have fun and play hard they are the 1 seed and they think they are suppose to win, they have all the pressure. Good Luck tomorrow night.

It will be a challenge for Marietta to beat Warren for the 3rd time. Recall that Warren didn't beat them in volleyball until the OHSAA tourney in the fall. And Marietta is due for a fall-off in shooting after a very good shooting outing in their last at Ironton. Usually the two teams don't shoot very well against each other, but Warren could be due for a hot game. More likely would be that Warren could play a great floor and rebounding game and shoot less poorly than Marietta(something like 32% to 24%) and get the upset. The keys for Marietta are rebounding and defense. And of course foul trouble and/or injury could "upset the apple cart".

I agree that proper seeding would have been Warren and Meigs in the 7/10 game and Athens and Vinton in the 8/9 game which would have put Marietta and Warren next against teams they haven't played this season.

http://www.mariettatimes.com/page/conte ... l?nav=5025

Warren gets 35% shooting, but Marietta hangs in with 34%. The 34% with 16 more FG attempts and 3 more FT attempts due to their +12 in rebounding and +6 in turnovers. Lamb and Stoll led the rebounding that was excellent for the Tigers. 80+% FT shooting helped the Tigers also. I would have liked to have seen what Warren could have done as the 7th seed and playing South Point in the sectional semis instead.

bballfan44
Waterboy

Post by bballfan44 »

It will be nice to see what the coaching staff will be able to do with next years team....it will be kids that have only had Coach Werry and his staff so they should all be on the same page.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

I will say this outright: I am often not a fan of Coach Werry's style of basketball but the point right above mine contains an excellent point: next year will be his first with girls who have come up in HIS program, and a coach should truly be judged on how he builds a program. Coach Werry deserves the time and space to build his program, not just to caretake someone else's, and the fourth and fifth years show what kind of program he has built. Off the court, Coach Werry is one of the kindest, knowledgeable teachers and guys I know. So this shouldn't be about bashing a coach who deserves time before he's judged. He did win with talented players his first two years. One down year shouldn't mean calling for his head...if that becomes a trend, maybe it's a different story. But it's not a trend yet, so the focus should be on the team that returns and how everyone can continue to improve to right the ship next winter.

Returning are:
Seniors to be Bailey Poage and Staci Lauer
Juniors to be Kasey White, Allie Proctor, Alli Bloomingdale, Dashara Morgan, Kylee Carl, and Hannah Zimmerman
Sophomores to be Amy Fleming, Jordanna Rauch, and Emma Ryan

Poage, Lauer, White, Rauch, and Ryan all saw extensive minutes, in a combo of starting and supporting roles. Proctor was hurt at the beginning of the year but came on strong enough to earn some varsity time late. Bloomingdale, Morgan, Carl, and Zimmerman have all seen extensive minutes in JV action, which is by far a better way to improve than riding the varsity bench, and all their games are improving. If the team hits the courts all summer, I can see where Warren could be a surprise team next winter. At the least, I'd fully expect a return to a winning record with Poage, Lauer, and Rauch scoring and the double-combo of White and Ryan defending and hitting the boards.

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

I agree with you 100% WHSwarrior, these girls and these coaches need everyones support. This will be a dangerous team for the the next several years, exciting times for the girls program on the horizon.

lemontwist07
Waterboy

Post by lemontwist07 »

So thats why one mother in paticular is telling people her daughter should get an award for being the best on the team .She is at the school every day and thinks she runs everything.

gobrowns
Freshman Team

Post by gobrowns »

Congratulations to the freshman lady warriors at the elite center....brooks, fleming, ullman, welch, chidester, harris, benson, treadway and manning. And lemontwist....go twist some lemons. the true lady warrior fans are hoping for hard work this summer and a winter season of wins.

gobrowns
Freshman Team

Post by gobrowns »

congrads to taylor dolak....all SEOAL.

http://www.mariettatimes.com/page/conte ... l?nav=5025

teach123
Freshman Team

Post by teach123 »

ttt-werry coming back?

highriser
Waterboy

Post by highriser »

I for one hope so.He runs a clean program,works hard,and has quality assistant coaches.What more can you ask from a Head Coach?

lemontwist07
Waterboy

Post by lemontwist07 »

teach123 wrote:ttt-werry coming back?

Very sad for the lady warriors to hear this. I beleive between him and Mrs.Pogge they will improve the program. haha

bubbles
Riding the Bench

Post by bubbles »

twistedlemon,
Coach Poage loves your support! She is however a bit amused that you think she coaches basketball, she actually coaches people into being human and said your appointment time has been moved up as you seem to be in crisis.

momfirst
Waterboy

Post by momfirst »

sour lemon your name should be sour grapes, go find a stuffed animal to kick. you have alot of anger in your yellow bellied body. grow up. your comments do not help the program, but your attitude is a great lesson in how not to behave.

gobrowns
Freshman Team

Post by gobrowns »

You speak the truth momfirst.

ccrunner
Riding the Bench

Post by ccrunner »

Best of luck to the Lady Warriors. Coach Werry and staff do a good job in teaching what high school sports are really about.

teach123
Freshman Team

Post by teach123 »

Haven't heard much about the Warriors. Is Werry returning? What's their summer program looking like?

Return to “Girls Basketball”