Belpre Lady Eagles vs Warren Lady Warriors 1/6, ur thoughts?

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

Belpre Lady Eagles vs Warren Lady Warriors 1/6, ur thoughts?

Post by zerotosixtynforty »

Belpre Lady Eagles journey to the Warriordome on Wednesday night. . . .
IMO matchups/turnovers will be keys to the game. . . .ur thoughts?

don't know if Belpre has the height to matchup with Ryan as Ferguson(Catholic) was to much a force inside. . .just not as experienced Freshman/Senior respectfully. . .
will be interesting to see who picks up Dolac . . .but great rivalry game and both teams will be fire up and playing hard . . . Good luck both teams. . . .

warriiorfan
Freshman Team

Re: Belpre Lady Eagles vs Warren Lady Warriors 1/6, ur thoughts?

Post by warriiorfan »

I think Warren's depth may be the key to victory... When they have played well, they have had 5-6 players around the 6-7 point range to support Dolak's double digits!

The Lady Warriors' post presence has developed... not so much in scoring as of yet, but a lot of nice dishes to cutters & kick-outs to shooters for high percentage shots!

The Fort first though!!!!

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

good luck lady eagles!

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

game has been postponed to TBA

all_sports_fan
Waterboy

Post by all_sports_fan »

After hearing what I heard tonight I decided to just sign up and put in my 2 cents worth. Since everyone else seems too and some with bad taste.

How do people expect teams to be professional and play with respect when the parents can not even be respectful and professional. Do you all think that these players don't read these forums. Its one thing to "discuss" games on here but to then disrespect the players, their parents, the coaches, that just breeds turmoil and teaches the players to not be a team. You then ruin the mental morale of the players that you are bad mouthing and in a world that is already hard enough for teens you really want to add this to it. What if a player who already had low self esteem who may be a good player but has an off night read this and then attempted or committed suicide because one of you so called adults thought you would be cute and post negative comments. Hope you could live with yourself not that you would ever know it was your destructive criticism that put them over the edge. If you are being constructive fine but destructive no. We do not live in a perfect world so those of you who seem to think you have all the answers step up to the plate. If there is a problem with coaches get other parents, ban together go to your school board..if that dont work then either shut up and sit back and watch the game or next season tell your kids they are not playing with all the drama. You have bad coaching from rec leagues clear up to professional leagues thats life. You don't have perfect players either. But these athletes go out and do "their" best to try and please you nay sayers and it seems nothing is ever good enough for some. You are not hear to put a player down you should be giving teams all the moral support you can, then "discuss" the game statistics on the forums like civil adults. Yes opinions are like assholes everyone has one, but be respectful. Your children are reading these forums. If you disrespect people on here I hate to hear they way you talk in your homes, but that is your business, but are your children hearing, then repeating it at school? Coaches, Employers, Employees, all do things that may not be politically correct with favors, affairs, bribes, payoffs, whatever but such is life. You can't sit around and cry about it get over it and support the team. They are kids trying to please a 100 different people with a 100 different opinions.

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

I've never seen the likes of the drama that surrounds Belpre's girls program...it's unbelievable really. Going to the board in Belpre isnt gonna do much good anyways :roll:

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Both sets of posters are a general embarassment!

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

all_sports_fan wrote:After hearing what I heard tonight I decided to just sign up and put in my 2 cents worth. Since everyone else seems too and some with bad taste.

How do people expect teams to be professional and play with respect when the parents can not even be respectful and professional. Do you all think that these players don't read these forums. Its one thing to "discuss" games on here but to then disrespect the players, their parents, the coaches, that just breeds turmoil and teaches the players to not be a team. You then ruin the mental morale of the players that you are bad mouthing and in a world that is already hard enough for teens you really want to add this to it. What if a player who already had low self esteem who may be a good player but has an off night read this and then attempted or committed suicide because one of you so called adults thought you would be cute and post negative comments. Hope you could live with yourself not that you would ever know it was your destructive criticism that put them over the edge. If you are being constructive fine but destructive no. We do not live in a perfect world so those of you who seem to think you have all the answers step up to the plate. If there is a problem with coaches get other parents, ban together go to your school board..if that dont work then either shut up and sit back and watch the game or next season tell your kids they are not playing with all the drama. You have bad coaching from rec leagues clear up to professional leagues thats life. You don't have perfect players either. But these athletes go out and do "their" best to try and please you nay sayers and it seems nothing is ever good enough for some. You are not hear to put a player down you should be giving teams all the moral support you can, then "discuss" the game statistics on the forums like civil adults. Yes opinions are like monkeys everyone has one, but be respectful. Your children are reading these forums. If you disrespect people on here I hate to hear they way you talk in your homes, but that is your business, but are your children hearing, then repeating it at school? Coaches, Employers, Employees, all do things that may not be politically correct with favors, affairs, bribes, payoffs, whatever but such is life. You can't sit around and cry about it get over it and support the team. They are kids trying to please a 100 different people with a 100 different opinions.

allsport, tks for ur 2 cents worth, but believe that we had beat this horse bad in the last post, don't know how this post went from matchups to suicide, suggest that if we have future problems with posts or comments pls PM that individual and not let opinions get out of hand, was glad to see webmaster of SEOP remove last posts of hostility towards fellow posters though most deemed his/her posts inappropriate, but everyone has there own opinions, lets not let this one get away from us again. . .

beleagle05 wrote:I've never seen the likes of the drama that surrounds Belpre's girls program...it's unbelievable really. Going to the board in Belpre isnt gonna do much good anyways :roll:

beleagel05 . . .journey around at other school posts/forums and u will c it is not just belpre posts that contain unhappy coaches,fans, parents, etc. . . that have some drama in them. . .from football, basketball, baseball, etc. . . and as unbelievable as it is. .it really happens. . .

Pol Pot wrote:Both sets of posters are a general embarassment!

pol pot, we both can agree that some posters on SEOP just post to get something started and do it for whatever the reason that why we all hide behind usernames. . .not that anyone should reveal who's who. . .but all should remember that this is a forum and is used to exchange idea's and opinions, some good, some bad, some really bad, some in poor judgement, whether we critisize a coach, fanticize as a fan, or promote a player. . . it is all the opinion of one and observation of another and should take it for what its worth, . . .nothing in the long run or the big scheme of things. . .

Good Luck Lady Eagles, Happy Posting, & SEOP monitor this so it doesn't get out of hand again. tks. . . .

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Game resched for 2/10

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

zerotosixty...i understand and know I will SEE that but the drama at Belpre is ridiculous...you and I both know that...I guarantee you wont see the kind of nonsense that goes on at Belpre going on at say...Waterford..who is a SEOhio powerhouse every single year.

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

How do people expect teams to be professional and play with respect when the parents can not even be respectful and professional. Do you all think that these players don't read these forums. Its one thing to "discuss" games on here but to then disrespect the players, their parents, the coaches, that just breeds turmoil and teaches the players to not be a team. You then ruin the mental morale of the players that you are bad mouthing and in a world that is already hard enough for teens you really want to add this to it. What if a player who already had low self esteem who may be a good player but has an off night read this and then attempted or committed suicide because one of you so called adults thought you would be cute and post negative comments. Hope you could live with yourself not that you would ever know it was your destructive criticism that put them over the edge. If you are being constructive fine but destructive no. We do not live in a perfect world so those of you who seem to think you have all the answers step up to the plate. If there is a problem with coaches get other parents, ban together go to your school board..if that dont work then either shut up and sit back and watch the game or next season tell your kids they are not playing with all the drama. You have bad coaching from rec leagues clear up to professional leagues thats life. You don't have perfect players either. But these athletes go out and do "their" best to try and please you nay sayers and it seems nothing is ever good enough for some. You are not hear to put a player down you should be giving teams all the moral support you can, then "discuss" the game statistics on the forums like civil adults. Yes opinions are like monkeys everyone has one, but be respectful. Your children are reading these forums. If you disrespect people on here I hate to hear they way you talk in your homes, but that is your business, but are your children hearing, then repeating it at school? Coaches, Employers, Employees, all do things that may not be politically correct with favors, affairs, bribes, payoffs, whatever but such is life. You can't sit around and cry about it get over it and support the team. They are kids trying to please a 100 different people with a 100 different opinions.

all i can say is wow...if someone is going to commit suicide because of something a blogger on SEOP says, then im sure they already had some problems. These girls play hard and i never said they didn't. Beleagle is right..the drama that surrounds Belpre girls basketball is ridiculous. People have said worse about players and coaches then i ever have, I've heard it. Great win for the Lady Eagles last night against Wellston. Leftwich with 15, Flowers with 14 and Crislip with 12, and 9 in the first quarter..keep up the good work Lady Eagles.

heres the link to the write up

http://newsandsentinel.com/page/content ... l?nav=5063

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

does anyone know what reboounding record is at belpre? leftwich had a bunch vs wellston would be interested in what record is and who has it? nice win for belpre, keep it going. . . good luck . . .

teach123
Freshman Team

Post by teach123 »

Zero,

Don't know the record but I am pretty sure Kristy Rhoades holds it...She went on to play college ball. She graduated with Cathy Coyner I believe and was part of the undeafted teams tht on on to regionals.

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

Whens the makeup for this game?

screamineagle54
Waterboy

Post by screamineagle54 »

eaglefan1 wrote:

all i can say is wow...if someone is going to commit suicide because of something a blogger on SEOP says, then im sure they already had some problems. These girls play hard and i never said they didn't. Beleagle is right..the drama that surrounds Belpre girls basketball is ridiculous. People have said worse about players and coaches then i ever have, I've heard it. Great win for the Lady Eagles last night against Wellston. Leftwich with 15, Flowers with 14 and Crislip with 12, and 9 in the first quarter..keep up the good work Lady Eagles.

heres the link to the write up

http://newsandsentinel.com/page/content ... l?nav=5063

I agree with you eaglefan, if an athlete takes this so seriously they shouldn't even be allowed on here. I wouldn't let my child look on here at all. Its a public blog so everybody expresses their opinion and they have their right to their opinion. For your first post I wouldn't come on here trying to make statement because everyone knows your either a parent or a school official. If your a school official i wouldn't even come close to these public blogs because people are very good at figuring out who you are . All i'm trying to say is keep your kids off here if this stuff bothers them.

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

teach123 wrote:Zero,

Don't know the record but I am pretty sure Kristy Rhoades holds it...She went on to play college ball. She graduated with Cathy Coyner I believe and was part of the undeafted teams tht on on to regionals.

tks teach, i remember her,. . .also heard 3rd party that Cathy Coyner is/or is being considered for team doc. or head team trainer at Duke University. . .again heard something like that. . .have u heard anything like that? they were good and i remember those ladies coming down to the peewee programs and had some meet and greet time with the little ladies who r now varsity players. . .was nice. . .

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

when is this game going to be?

Return to “Girls Basketball”