Reedsville Eastern @ Federal Hocking

Post by bball009 »

thoughts?
ill take eastern by 15.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Re: Reedsville Eastern @ Federal Hocking

Post by Steely Dan »

How about Eastern by 5 points, and lucky to walk away with the win tonight. Nip and tuck all the way, and just a couple of bad decisions on Fed Hock's part on late in the game, or it would have gone the other way.

Great game to watch, both teams put it all out there, and have nothing to be ashamed about tonight.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Very well put. Federal Hocking played very tough inside tonight and really showed how good of a team they are. Turley was too much for them though. It was huge having Pullins in foul trouble, but was a very nice win for Eastern to move to 10-1??

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

86 - I'm not so sure Kasey was the difference tonight. The box score will play that out. Frankly, I thought it was the guard play and the outside shooting in the second half for Eastern that made the difference, but that is just my opinion.

Fed Hock's post players scored 42 of their 56 points tonight, so I'm somewhat questioning how much of a difference Kasey made in this game.

She played a nice game, but in my opinion, was just a significant contributor, but not the difference maker. The three point shooting in the third and fourth qtrs was the difference, imho.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Turley was a factor but player of the game had to be Chanda Cuckler of FH. 31 points and 19 rebounds. Big time performance in a big game...

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Agreed on that one, GW!

looking down from above
Waterboy

Post by looking down from above »

class of 86 i agree with you on pullins but not with turley...pullins has been playing tough ball...turley needs to contribute a little more on the defensive end of the game...this was not the team i watched play at waterford a little over a week ago...come on lady eagles lets start playing as a team again...good luck the rest of the season lady's...

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Previous Eastern teams would have found a way to lost this one, that's the difference with them this year, they found a way to win. Throughout the season you aren't always going to be playing at the level they did against Waterford. Showing that your a good team means winning those games where you may not be playing at your best, but then you need to work and correct what is causing it. I don't see how Fed hot beat by Waterford by as many as they did. They have a very good basketball team.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

classof86 wrote:Previous Eastern teams would have found a way to lost this one, that's the difference with them this year, they found a way to win. Throughout the season you aren't always going to be playing at the level they did against Waterford. Showing that your a good team means winning those games where you may not be playing at your best, but then you need to work and correct what is causing it. I don't see how Fed hot beat by Waterford by as many as they did. They have a very good basketball team.

The names Yoder, Homer, and Cheatem come to mind as reasons for this. :lol:

looking down from above
Waterboy

Post by looking down from above »

From what I have seen Eastern played well as a TEAM againist Waterford...Since that game the girls are not playing as a TEAM...The coach needs to step up and correct this problem...It takes all five girls on the floor to win a ball game...

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

Have to agree with G.W. that the Cuckler girl played a VERY good game.The McKibben girl seemed to gain confidence as the game went on and also played a good game.For Eastern I thought Maxson knocked down some big shots when Eastern needed them the most.

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

can't remember her name but is the point guard back for Fed Hoc?

fhsports
Waterboy

Post by fhsports »

All the ladies played great! Eastern's Emeri Connery made a pretty big difference I thought in the ball game last night, as well with FH's Chanda Cuckler!!

GO FH!

bball009
Waterboy

Post by bball009 »

WOW! Chanda Cuckler, great game. Fed showed up tonight.
Eastern stayed with it though, congrats, keep it up.

colts01
Waterboy

Post by colts01 »

[quote="lady_oaks_fan3362"]can't remember her name but is the point guard back for Fed Hoc?[/quote

Iris Butcher & no she's out for the season, may be back late season but nobody knows for sure. Look for her playing college ball next year, she just signed with Kent State.

Return to “Girls Basketball”