Whiteoak-What kind of team do they have?

the_spectator
Waterboy

Whiteoak-What kind of team do they have?

Post by the_spectator »

Does anybody know how Whiteoak's team is this season? I havent got to see them play so I'm just wondering

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Whiteoak-What kind of team do they have?

Post by Ironman92 »

They have a good/strong inside player and some very good athletes. They only defeated an Adams CO Christian school last year in the regular season and then did win their 1st tourney game versus Western Pike. This year they have defeated Felicity and Hillsboro. For the 2nd-4th qtrs versus Northwest @ Northwest they outscored them. So it's there.....they just need to have confidence to give ND a good game.

Who has Notre Dame beaten for their 6 wins?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I believe they have made it to the sectional champ game every year since 1996.

the_spectator
Waterboy

Post by the_spectator »

Thanks very much Ironman92. I'm not possitive who ND has beat, but I will try to find out and let you know. I know tomorrow night ND travels to Clay. Clay beat them a few weeks ago 35-27, so it should be a good game.

the_spectator
Waterboy

Post by the_spectator »

From what I've seen on SEOP Notre Dame has defeated Rock Hill, Western, and East twice. I'm not sure if the beat Western a second time or not.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I just about guarantee Whiteoak has faced stiffer competition......but that doesn't make you win versus a team with an easier schedule....but it does help prepare you for tournament play. They have played top D3 teams in Lynchburg, North Adams and Eastern Brown. Piketon beat them by 10 in an early season game. They play a very good D4 Fayetteville team twice and solid 3 seed D4 Fairfield. Fayetteville only beat them by 7 in the one meeting but won by about 40 the next meeting...so they have a high side definately capable of beating a higher seed in this sectional.....and the same group of girls have played in the NW gym 2-6 times over the past few years.

the_spectator
Waterboy

Post by the_spectator »

Yea that's very true. Just because a team doesn't have the best record doesn't mean they are bad at all. They just play tougher schools. I'm really excited to see the outcome of them playing Notre Dame. From what you say about Whiteoak, it should be a good game.

Five Point
JV Team

Post by Five Point »

I'll second the comment that Whiteoak has faced stiffer competition than Notre Dame, I've seen both play and I'll take Whiteoak by 6. Though, I may be a little impartial....

Return to “Girls Basketball”