Clay vs. Waterford @ the Convo 3/3/10

MrClean
Waterboy

Re: Clay vs. Waterford @ the Convo 3/3/10

Post by MrClean »

steely..I don't believe pan-man was referring specifically to basketball..just Clay athletics in general.Their softball team has been very successful in recent years and has gotten absolutely no respect. Clay fans are generally very respectful of other teams and fans. Maybe you could learn something from them !!

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS!! Here's to a hard fought game with no injuries & good sportsmanship...

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

MrClean wrote:steely..I don't believe pan-man was referring specifically to basketball..just Clay athletics in general.Their softball team has been very successful in recent years and has gotten absolutely no respect. Clay fans are generally very respectful of other teams and fans. Maybe you could learn something from them !!

MrClean - I'm not affiliated with Waterford, however, I've been to many of their games and their fans are great. To say they are disrespectful of any opponent is ridiculous, and for someone to question the "class" of the Waterford fans, based on one person's perception that the Waterford fans cheered solely for Eastern Pike, well, that is frankly biased and petty.

The school I support plays Waterford twice a year, and we always enjoy the fans and players from Waterford, as the are a "CLASS ACT". I don't need to learn anything from your fans at Clay.

Nine20four
Freshman Team

Post by Nine20four »

Steely Dan wrote:
MrClean wrote:steely..I don't believe pan-man was referring specifically to basketball..just Clay athletics in general.Their softball team has been very successful in recent years and has gotten absolutely no respect. Clay fans are generally very respectful of other teams and fans. Maybe you could learn something from them !!

MrClean - I'm not affiliated with Waterford, however, I've been to many of their games and their fans are great. To say they are disrespectful of any opponent is ridiculous, and for someone to question the "class" of the Waterford fans, based on one person's perception that the Waterford fans cheered solely for Eastern Pike, well, that is frankly biased and petty.

The school I support plays Waterford twice a year, and we always enjoy the fans and players from Waterford, as the are a "CLASS ACT". I don't need to learn anything from your fans at Clay.

I was NOT the only one that noticed and it wasn't a perception, it was fact. Perhaps it is petty, but when coupled with the fact that Waterford's coach runs the score up on inferior teams, it's no wonder people have that perception of the school. I will be cheering wildly for South Webster tonight, one of our traditional rivals, because they are from Scioto County, not because I have a grudge against Eastern Meigs. Waterford fans had no such connection with Eastern Pike and their actions speak volumes.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Wasn't Clay the higher seed? Did it ever dawn on you that maybe they were cheering for the underdog? Would you have been offended if you had been playing Fed Hock instead and the Waterford fans were cheering for the Lancers?

Holy cow, can't wait to hear you folks after tonight's game.

Snowman
Freshman Team

Post by Snowman »

one fan
i dont see where it is a large group of folks on here complaining

i did see some waterford fans cheering for eastern, but i only saw a few
big deal, maybe there was a connection maybe there wasnt, they were on the same side of the bleachers, i dont care

i did think it was strange that clay was on the opposite side being the home team

steely_dan
dont throw everyone into one pile whether it is clay or waterford

there are a lot of stupid comments on this site from a lot of people, we need to all take it with a grain of salt

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

snowman wrote:one fan
i dont see where it is a large group of folks on here complaining

i did see some waterford fans cheering for eastern, but i only saw a few
big deal, maybe there was a connection maybe there wasnt, they were on the same side of the bleachers, i dont care

i did think it was strange that clay was on the opposite side being the home team

steely_dan
dont throw everyone into one pile whether it is clay or waterford

there are a lot of stupid comments on this site from a lot of people, we need to all take it with a grain of salt

Thanks snowman. I agree.

Nine20four
Freshman Team

Post by Nine20four »

Steely Dan wrote:Wasn't Clay the higher seed? Did it ever dawn on you that maybe they were cheering for the underdog? Would you have been offended if you had been playing Fed Hock instead and the Waterford fans were cheering for the Lancers?

Holy cow, can't wait to hear you folks after tonight's game.

To answer your question, NO I wouldn't have thought it odd if they had cheered for Federal Hocking. FH is from the same league and fans usually back teams from their own league--at least in the tournament. As for your flawed logic that Eastern was the underdog, the two teams had split their home and home contests this year and were very evenly matched. If Clay had played South Webster, a 4 seed, do you really think South Webster would have been the underdog based on seed? What you will see from Clay fans tonight is them cheering for BOTH teams during introductions, good sportsmanship in the stands and on the floor, and congratulations all around after the game is over. As it should be.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Good Luck Panthers!

SGHS RBEBELS15
Freshman Team

Post by SGHS RBEBELS15 »

Steely Dan wrote:Waterford, BIG. After a performance they weren't very happy with against Paint Valley, I expect alot of intensity from Waterford in this game. No disrespect to Clay, but get ready, it is coming.

I Haven't followed really either team but how can you be disappointed with a 70-37 win

Spiderjon
Freshman Team

Post by Spiderjon »

Is this game on the radio?

Waterford was only up two at the half vs. Paint Valley.

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

Sure hope it's Clay in this one Then It will be an All SOC in the Regional

GOOD LADY JEEPS

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

WhiteWhiskers wrote:Sure hope it's Clay in this one Then It will be an All SOC in the Regional

GOOD LADY JEEPS

I agree. Go get 'em Panthers!!!

cobweb
JV Team

Post by cobweb »

Halftime

Waterford is way too much for Clay, they are cold from the peremeter.

38 - 15

Going home.

Kerinon
Freshman Team

Post by Kerinon »

Lady Cats are looking great here at the Convo!! Keep rolling Cats!!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Ugly, period. Let the griping begin................

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Cobweb wrote:Halftime

38 - 15

Going home.

I think that's pretty much what people have said all week.That Waterford will be too much for Clay.Only the Clay supporters didn't think that way.My handle might give you the impression that I am a Clay supporter, but I'm NOT.Hail To Pitt!!

osubuckeye
Riding the Bench

Post by osubuckeye »

Black Panther wrote:

38 - 15

Going home.

I think that's pretty much what people have said all week.That Waterford will be too much for Clay.Only the Clay supporters didn't think that way.My handle might give you the impression that I am a Clay supporter, but I'm NOT.Hail To Pitt!!

No need to get snippy, it's a high school sport. Hope you're really not that into it.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

osubuckeye wrote:
Black Panther wrote:

38 - 15

Going home.

No need to get snippy, it's a high school sport. Hope you're really not that into it.

Who are you talking to? Me or him? If you are talking to me,I could care less if Clay won or lost.But it was a forgone conclusion that this game would be ugly!Just read most if not all of the thread.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

No final score yet but I hope with s 23 point lead at half, coach "close" doesn't run the score up to a 46 point win by keeping his starters in the whole game. If so, then god be with him at the regionals when he is unable to do the same things he's done in the district all year. Paybacks are heck :idea:

Return to “Girls Basketball”