Greg Potter
NJ Kight
Heath McKinnis
Anna Ramey

ironmen1987
SE

Re: Open Coaching Jobs

Post by ironmen1987 »

I think Ramey would be first choice but this is Jackson ;-)

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

Who wouldn't want the job for the next 4 years :lol: :lol: :lol:

West Sider
Varsity

Post by West Sider »

Hire Scott Ridout he has done a great job with the girls.

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Even though Andy Rice did not have a losing record his last three years as the varsity coach and was the last girls coach to win a sectional, I know for a FACT he will not apply for the job. He is wanting to move on into the world of administration.

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

He would do a great job but don't know if the interest is there...

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

I really like Andy but i would agree that he has his sights set higher. Jackson would be lucky to have him in either role.

redrum
Waterboy

Post by redrum »

Scott Ridout????? Are you kidding me? I don't think a biddee league coach qualifies for the Varsity position. Get real!!!!

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

redrum wrote:Scott Ridout????? Are you kidding me? I don't think a biddee league coach qualifies for the Varsity position. Get real!!!!

Great sense of humor :) I don't think his girls have ever played like they were in biddie league and he would be more than qualified. Oldtimer might have more insight into this if the nursing home didn't take his computer again. I don't know if Scott even has an interest but the banquet is tonight and more info may flow through Rumorville...

redrum
Waterboy

Post by redrum »

HIS GIRLS. I thought he just had one? Tell me something isn't wrong with that picture? Besides that, who has this 8th grade team played this year. Meigs?? What was the outcome of that game. Taking NOTHING away from the girls, they are good kids, but that's what they are. It wouldn't matter who coached them on that level they are a good group of kids. The next level will be the true test. Good Luck to everyone. I can't believe our administration and school board members treat the girls program this way.

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Is Portsmouth open again?

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

Yes they are HIS girls. He has worked with them from the beginning and helped mold them into the team they are today. Obviously you aren't a fan of his and i could care less. If more parents spent the time he has molding our athletes, we wouldn't be looking up at the rest of the league. Haven't played anyone? They went to Southeastern over the summer and won that shootout against several good teams. They would have beaten Eastern at VC if not for the cold shooting(which can happen to anyone) and they spend their spring/summer playing against the best in the state through AAU. I never said he would be my first choice but he would be as good or better than whoever they end up bringing in. Ramey is my choice but that decision (as Obama says) is above my pay grade..... :)

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

Hopefully Jackson can fill this position quickly and get their girls started in the summer on time.

IronLady
Waterboy

Post by IronLady »

I would hope Jackson would look a little deeper than Ridout, and I'm sure they will. They need someone with Varsity level experience that has coached more than the same 5 girls for the last few years. Jr. high AAU experience is good. But, Varsity level is a little different, lots of players with AAU backgrounds. Hope to see this program grow and get better not just the same old song and dance.

redrum
Waterboy

Post by redrum »

IRONMEN1987 don't take so personal, just an opinion. I agree with Ironlady - need to dig a little deeper and beyond the surface for a quality Varsity material coach. Ramey should be the first and only choice to consider. She has been at both levels and knows the girls and would hope that would be a great fit. Good Luck to the Ironladies - it is crazy to keep replacing good coaches!!!

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

tell me why rice or mckinnis would have any interest at all after the way they were treated previously

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

I'm not taking it personnal. I just really like the effort Scott has put into helping that group of girls. Most parents spend more time complaining that the coach hasn't made their kid a star than they do teaching them to shoot a free throw. This group is special because they work year round to improve. I would be the first to jump on Ramey's bandwagon if they give her a shot....

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

Runner00 wrote:Is Portsmouth open again?

If it's not it will be,maybe not next year but sooner than later.A two game improvment is NOT improvement in my book...And that's going from winning 1 game to winning 3. :lol:

RV FAN
Riding the Bench

Post by RV FAN »

I heard the name Sarah Evans Moore thrown out for the RV job if it is open. I know she coached at Marshall.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

is rv open??????

Return to “Girls Basketball”