Open Coaching Jobs

1974Viking
Varsity

Re: Open Coaching Jobs

Post by 1974Viking »

Does anyone have any sort of time line that Jackson is looking at to replace their Coach? Just curious. Good Luck in your search.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

NO, you didnt answer the question....... you spout off this hair brained opinion that coaches should not coach their own in high school level basketball but when i ask and give you examples..... doug hale...... you cant tell me how you would deal with that situation.

i think i will post my opinion on another topic..... this again has nothing to do with the original thread...... it is my opinion after reading your posts here...... YOU have an agenda, much like the agenda of some who ran off the last jaxon girls coach.
*bookmarkit :aaaaa30

hello viking.... care to offer your opinion on todays discussion

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

Assassin. I have seen the errors of my ways. A lot of stuff I posted was just to stir the pot . Heck I don't take myself seriously half the time. It sure got the opinions out there express rather quickly, didn't it? Didn't mean to cause bitter feelings. It doesn't make a difference who coaches, Dad, Mom Brother, Uncle etc. If they do a good jub, it is great.Now in all honesty. The main trouble witht the high school coaches is like GAHS said, some will not back their coach when they need to stand by them. That is why we have so many coaches leave after 1-2 years. Not enough time to get a solid program started in all sports. Thanks and have a nice day..Psss No more stirring the pot, I don't want everyone pissed off lol

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

viking.... sending you a pm

IronLady
Waterboy

Post by IronLady »

Well, since I am old or should I say older and no longer play basketball, I guess it would be up to my child if they wanted to play for a coach. I would never force my opinions about this on my kid or anyone else. I will admit to also stirring the pot a little. It is just so much fun to argue with you. Haven't had that much fun since my last family reunion. LOL! In all honesty, if my kid was happy and felt he was being treated fairly and playing to his ability I would do nothing. The only agenda I have is hoping that everyone involved in the Jackson program can work together to build a positive program for the future. We all need to remember it is about the kids first and foremost.

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

Ironlady - I agree with theassassin , parents like you run good coaches out, if your kid isnt the star then fire the coach because his kid got all the awards.......

JaxBaller
Waterboy

Post by JaxBaller »

From what Im hearing though, Coach Allen (Ramey) doesn't want to be the varsity coach, which is understandable. She's young and has only had one year as an assistant at varsity level. I believe though that she will play a part in the 2010-2011 season.

I think coaching your child after 8th grade is a bad idea.
It's a bad idea for the coach and their child.
a. The child will take a lot of crap from the fans that he/she isn't "good enough" and doesn't deserve awards.
b. The parent will treat their child differently. By that, I mean they will be harder on their own child. This could ruin a relationship between the child and parent.
c. If the coach upsets a player, it could make things awkward in the locker room. It could put the coach's son/daughter in an awkward position.
d. The coach could show favoritism towards their child. Ive seen it where a coach will only put their child up for all league or all district. Or gives their child more time then they deserve. You don't see this a lot but it happens.

Its okay for a coach to coach their son or daughter until Junior High but at some point they need to let their son/daughter learn from another coach. If the coach has been at the varsity level since before their child was in Jr High, they should be able to coach their child but realize that this could ruin their relationship with their child or ruin the team chemistry.

Clark Griswold
Waterboy

Post by Clark Griswold »

Since this has turned into a big topic I will just update on the first topic on here with openings..

Five Point
JV Team

Post by Five Point »

Whiteoak is open

go48
Riding the Bench

Post by go48 »

Hate to hear about Coach Smith at Whiteoak. I guess 7 or 8 sectional titles and a couple of district titles in 10 or 11 years doesn't matter when you have back to back losing seasons. Bad deal when a guy who works hard to get a program built up and then a couple of years without a whole lot of talented kids and he is out. Coach Smith will be fine he'll land on his feet somewhere else.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

Did Whiteoak choose not to renew Coach Smith's contract or did he decide to leave on his own?

go48
Riding the Bench

Post by go48 »

From what I understand from a pretty reliable source his contract was not renewed.

Broken Tornadoe
Waterboy

Post by Broken Tornadoe »

I would think the all tvc team would add to the debate on parents coaching. Back when I had children in school you had the same people coach their kids all the way up. Their kids would get in high school and they would relize they were called to coach high school sports, then little Johnny or Jane would graduate and they would decide they no longer would coach or they might jump sports, and coach a whole different sport, if they had another child in another sport. Now if someone has been the coach and their child comes up and plays for that coach, then I see nothing wrong with that. I personally think it is better to hire a teacher, that can coach, instead of replacing parent coaches every four years.

prepstar18
Waterboy

Post by prepstar18 »

who has applied at whiteoak, jackson, portsmouth

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I should know the answer to two of those schools....but don't.

TigerLily
Waterboy

Post by TigerLily »

Did anyone hear the Varsity Coach at Vinton County is open? Any thoughts?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

IF? the VC post above is true.....NJ Kight should step right in if he wants.

Jackson is doing interviews starting Monday.....only 3 applicants.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

Ironman92 wrote:IF? the VC post above is true.....NJ Kight should step right in if he wants.

Jackson is doing interviews starting Monday.....only 3 applicants.

3 applicants or 3 interviews????

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

applicants

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

wow

Return to “Girls Basketball”