Open Coaching Jobs

Falconburger
JV Team

Re: Open Coaching Jobs

Post by Falconburger »

i dont think there is a problem with coaches coaching their kids in high school, however i believe it is better if the kid moves up into the system, where they were coached by someone different in jr. high. I don't like the idea of coaches following their kids thru the system. A good coach will not allow the fact that it is there kid playing bad to effect their decision on who plays. if you move up with your kid, then you are probably coaching for the sole reason of your child's benefit. If I am already coaching at HS then I am doing it for my love the game and helping develop kids. And yes alot of coaches kids are more advanced cause they have been around the game, but at times that doesn't make the better athlete, just a smarter player. You have to remember every situation is different, I tend to at the bigger picture before I passed judgement on any coach..

Also alot of parents should look at things from realistic perspective, if your kid doesn't start or play alot, ask yourself is my kid working hard in the offseason? Nowdays players are made during the offseason, gone are the days when you just picked up the ball at the start of the season.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

^^^good post

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

anything new on these openings... i92?

TigerLily
Waterboy

Post by TigerLily »

What makes you think NJ Kight should step right in for the coaches job? Just because he was the assistant
coach? We saw how well that worked when Coach Hale took over for J Ward........it didn't.

Crazy Legs
Freshman Team

Post by Crazy Legs »

anna alan (ramey) is going to be announced Tuesday as Jackson new basketball coach. Was the 8th grade coach last year and has been a asst. the previous 2 a good fit for the program. Young, knows the girls very well what they are capable of and what they need to do to improve.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

My advice, let Anna go to work and leave her alone. She will do great things for your program.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

Crazy Legs wrote:anna alan (ramey) is going to be announced Tuesday as Jackson new basketball coach. Was the 8th grade coach last year and has been a asst. the previous 2 a good fit for the program. Young, knows the girls very well what they are capable of and what they need to do to improve.

is that a plus?

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

Anna deserves a shot at it. I have yet to hear a negative word about her from the players or parents. I'm sure there is one out there but lets give her a chance and see what she can do.

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

She definitely needs to be given a chance, she has a bright future! Good luck to her and the Ironladies.

prepstar18
Waterboy

Post by prepstar18 »

is this the same anna ramey that played ball at ssu

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

prepstar18 wrote:is this the same anna ramey that played ball at ssu

Yes

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

Post by zerotosixtynforty »

Belpre Lady Eagles got the news that Amber Haynes will not be returning next season and will be looking for a new Head coach. . .

Return to “Girls Basketball”