Ironton 43 VS MIDDLETOWN MADISON 50 - FINAL

boomer633
Varsity

Re: Ironton 43 VS MIDDLETOWN MADISON 50 - FINAL

Post by boomer633 »

Congratulations to Ironton on a fine effort and an excellent season. Absolutely no reason to be anything other than proud of what you have accomplished this season.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

boomer633 wrote:Congratulations to Ironton on a fine effort and an excellent season. Absolutely no reason to be anything other than proud of what you have accomplished this season.

Absolutely! I have said it many times before on other Ironton threads. As an opposing coach, you get a perspective on a team and their coaching staff that some people don't see. Trust me! This group of girls at Ironton is a class act all the way and their coaching staff is just as classy.

Congrats Ironton on a GREAT season and GREAT run in the tournament!!! There are many schools in this state that would LOVE to have the chance to get where you did today! Be proud of what you have accomplished!

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

Nice post, slamdunk.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

AWESOME REPRESENTATION FOR SOUTHEASTERN OHIO!!! all the ridiculous jokes about not being undefeated and how can a team with more than a few losses be in the final 4 is now silenced!!! Schedule strength, tenacity, talent, coaching, community provided a great showing for IRONTON & how wonderful this team is!!! YES THEY BELONGED in the final 4!!!! Congratulations & THANK YOU LADIES!!!

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

Lady Tigers fall to Madison. Seniors Brea, Janie, Emily L. , and Lorna we wish you well, I know there is a track season and a softball season but you made for an exciting senior season in basketball! All other team members, work hard this summer and it will be a great season next year. To Coaches, thanks to all the time and effort you put in. We appreciate and we know it takes time from your families and we appreciate them too. It is a great year to be a TIGER!!!!

Apollo
Waterboy

Post by Apollo »

Thanks to caglewis for the updates. Couldn't make the game due to working in Cinci this week but had plans to go on Saturday if they were still in it. Sounds like they kept it pretty close. Now the rebuilding starts for next year.

Apollo
Waterboy

Post by Apollo »

Forgot to tell the Lady Tigers congratulations on a great season!

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

HEY IRONTON LADY TIGERS - this game was supposed to be a "blow-out romp" for Madison, right? Basically "no contest"? And you fought them every inch of the way - caused them multiple turnovers and seriously disrupted their game plan and shooting - that was your job, and you did it well against a significant height disadvantage - just fell a few points short - still a great game!
GOOD JOB - GOOD SEASON - AND THANKS!
Last edited by caglewis on Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tucker
Riding the Bench

Post by Tucker »

From listening to the broadcast it seemed like Coach Graham got everything out of his team and had them ready to play.They made adjustments and did what gave them the best chance to win ..Thats all you can do..Thats called coaching and he and his staff evidently did a nice job at it....Congratulations

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

Great try Ladies! Way to represent your school and community.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Great season lady Tigers of I-town. I'll be looking forward to seeing you play in the Districts at Waverly again next year.

osnn
Waterboy

Post by osnn »

Congratulations to the Ironton Lady Tigers on a great season !!!

Cameroncrazie
Riding the Bench

Post by Cameroncrazie »

Congratulations! You did a great job representing not only Ironton, but all of southern Ohio!

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

Just got back from the game. The Lady Tigers never gave up! They kept battling back. The foul shots and inside buckets just were not falling our way. You girls played hard and left it all on the court. You represented Ironton well! Congrats on an awesome season!

butcherman108
SEO

Post by butcherman108 »

Great season ladies you made Ironton and Lawrence county proud.

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

Just got back from the Schott, and this might be a rather long post.

First off Congratulations to Madison, they had a very good team and for the most part some very classy fans there to support them. I wish you all the luck in the world on Saturday in the finals.

Now...Ironton Lady Tiger....I'm speechless of the season that you put together for all of us here to be witnesses of. I know the loss today is probably crushing, but you have absolutely NOTHING to hang your heads about. You made the entire city of Ironton, and I'm guessing all of Lawrence County extremely proud of all that you have accomplished these last few months. I for one could not be more proud of a group of kids. I have been around this team all year. From helping them scout to practicing with them at times throughout the season. While some people may have thought that they weren't capable of doing this, they always were. They just had that Fighting Tiger mindset of never give up, and fight until the final horn, and that is exactly what this team did today!
What an amazing season and thank you for letting me be a part of the ride! Go Tigers!

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Way to play hard and never give up.
Congrats on a great season Lady Tigers!!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congrats Lady Tigers on a GREAT Season, you represented the School, Ironton, Lawrance County and Southeastern Ohio with Pride and Class........GREAT JOB

GO TIGERS...........

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

Congratulations....It was a great season...well coached...and the girls played their hearts out...really made me proud..watching their effort today...we just didn't make enough of the shots today...that normally fall...everyone has those days...other than that..we were just as good as any team in the final four...I was really impressed with the effort...just wish we could have got the roll a few times on our shots..just wasn't our day...but we certainly didn't get beat badly..it could have gone either way...great job tigers...

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Congrats on a GREAT season Lady Tigers!

Return to “Girls Basketball”