All Conference

Re: SEOAL GIRLS BASKETBALL

Post by footballfanatic1 »

thanks 92....

Coach Coreno
Waterboy

Post by Coach Coreno »

Thank you I92........The scrimmage was beneficial for both teams in many ways and thats what its all about in the pre season.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE SCHEDULES FOR THE SCRIMAGES AND SEASON FOR THE IRONLADYS AND OAKS YET?

Blue_Steel
Freshman Team

Post by Blue_Steel »

I'm going out on a limb and saying my coaching friends at Marietta win it based on coaching experience alone.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Blue_Steel wrote:I'm going out on a limb and saying my coaching friends at Marietta win it based on coaching experience alone.
You need the talent to win also.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Didn't Marietta graduate some big talent?
Last edited by noreply66 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

Logan Lady Chiefs first league game is at Jackson. Could be a good look as to how these two teams will fare in the league this year. Not much talk about SEOL teams in general. Logan plays Fairfield Union their first official game and I do not know non-league opponents scheduled for other SEOL teams.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Anybody know anything about the GAHS Blue Angels? They've had pretty good JV records the past few years?

footballfanatic1
All Conference

how did the jackson girls do last night in their scrimmage?

Etta34
Riding the Bench

Post by Etta34 »

Marietta will be very competitive and they have a very young team with only 3 Seniors and 1 Junior on the team.

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

Etta34 wrote:Marietta will be very competitive and they have a very young team with only 3 Seniors and 1 Junior on the team.
Marietta actually has 4 seniors and 1 junior and five sophs on varsity. This years junior class has always been thin with two seeing much time last year and only one returned. Graduated six seniors. They will be competitive.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

IMO the Marietta girls are the league favorites until proven otherwise. I do not know their game schedule as to their first league matchups so the first couple games will be a better sounding board for them and the league in general. On first look the teams of the SEOL seem pretty evenly matched.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson girls beat Eastern Meigs girls 3 out of 4 qrts (mostly all varsity) and 1 jv qtr I watched. Both teams look very promising. I look for Eastern to make a laong tourney run in D4.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

How did Marietta do today vs. New Philadelphia?

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Keyser_soze78 wrote:How did Marietta do today vs. New Philadelphia?
New Philly 11 10 7 7 -- 35
Marietta 16 17 13 8 -- 54

Marietta broke an 11 all tie to score the last 5 points of the 1st quarter, then an 8-0 run in the 2nd quarter, and then pretty much put the game away by scoring the the last 7 points of the 3rd quarter.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

So how good will Marietta be? As good as last year? Size?

Thanks.

el savior
Freshman Team

Post by el savior »

Marietta won't be as good as last year. They are young and make some mistakes, however they pressure all the time. From what I saw at the game last night, there pressure/coaching alone will win them games. They have a couple great shooters, some good posts that know how to score down low. As long as they box out and limit offensive rebounds, they will win a lot of games.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

League play starts Saturday with Logan at Jackson, Marietta and Gallipolis and Warren at Portsmouth. Will get a better feel for how these teams are progressing after some league play.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Ironman92 wrote:So how good will Marietta be? As good as last year? Size?

Thanks.
Marietta's size is about the same as last year. The strength of the team is the junior and senior guards. Three of the four seniors are inside players, and their play will be key to the team's success. A sophomore starter is very key also, having two good games so far. If she can keep her confidence going and get comfortable playing varsity, she will be a large asset. Other sophomores will also have to have success spelling the starting guards. It could come together very nicely for the Tigers, but I believe the three senior inside players are the most key components whose range of possible play could be from proficient to less than that, and where they fall in that range will be the most determining factor of the ultimate degree of success the team has. They also need another sophomore inside player to step up and be able to spell the three senior inside players when needed.

I think Marietta, Logan, Jackson, and Warren will battle for the first four spots in the league standings, and the other three teams will battle for the other three spots.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Logan trailed Jackson most of the game after their quick 9-2 start but banked in a 25 footer at the buzzer. Jackson freshman Madison Ridout drilled 2 free throws with 10 seconds remaining.....but Logan didn't use a TO and dribbled down the court and had nothing and called a TO with just 1.5 seconds on the clock. Logan managed to set several screens and #33 caught the pass and drilled in the deep 3 pointer.

Absolute heartbreaker for the young Jackson team. Logan forced several turnovers in the 4th qtr and even went ahead on a huge 3 by #33...but Jackson answered and seemingly had the huge league win. This loss will make the Jackson girls want it even more.....they played well enough to win. Jackson had 2 freshman with 10 points including 5'11 Lydia Poe who had 10 points on only about 6 shots and played great.....even being the spark off the bench in the 1st qtr.

Logan is very well coached and are quick on defense and offense. He just kept telling them in the huddle how it was going to be and to make plays and by gosh they did. Great demeanor.

BANK

Jackson showed they will be big time contenders in the SEOAL.

Return to “Girls Basketball”