TVC Ohio

ssbball
Freshman Team

Re: TVC Ohio

Post by ssbball »

I agree, they are playing for 2nd place. No one will touch Alex. After that - Athens or Meigs. With the Howard girl back they could be in almost any game. Outside of Alex of course.

ref51
Waterboy

Post by ref51 »

Yeah I agree... I like Alex then Athens... Really impressed with Wellstons guards Saturday.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

I think honestly NY is a year away from contending but watch out. They are loaded, and I do mean loaded, all the way down to 5th grade. Within 2 yrs there will be two girls that potentially will be 6 plus ft. One is already 5'11" in 8th grade. Good things are headed this way. Having said that, NY will be MUCH improved this year so I'd toss that prediction out the window.

KnowIt2
Riding the Bench

Post by KnowIt2 »

Pol Pot wrote:Meigs returns every player plus the addition to Bailey who missed last year with an ACL and you really think they will only win 3 games?

I think they lost 4...all of which were contributors.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

KnowIt2 wrote:
Pol Pot wrote:Meigs returns every player plus the addition to Bailey who missed last year with an ACL and you really think they will only win 3 games?

Who did they lose? All of their horses are back.

delta.devil
Riding the Bench

Post by delta.devil »

Pol Pot wrote:
KnowIt2 wrote:

Who did they lose? All of their horses are back.

They lost one of their best shooters with Tricia Smith (spelling?), and 3 other guards: VanMeter, Barnes, and another Smith girl i believe.

Coach363
Freshman Team

Post by Coach363 »

Didn't make it to the preview but talked to some coaches and they said meigs were big and strong inside. Point guard is probably there weak link...

ref51
Waterboy

Post by ref51 »

I'd have to agree with coach363 about Meigs. I was there and watched all of the games Friday night. I wouldn't take much from the Alexander, Wellston, Nelsonville-York or Eastern Meigs game however. Eastern played Fed Hock who only had 5 kids at the game "shame", Alexander played half court man and never pressured the basketball and Wellston pretty much done nothing besides sit in a zone the whole time and I've never seen them play a zone all summer or at there scrimmage. We played a really young Miller team and we didn't do much of anything the whole game either. Overall more emphasis needs to be put on the preview or not have it at all. I as a fan paid $3 to watch players and coaches do pretty much of nothing for 2 quarters.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Meigs has all of their horses back, plus they get Bailey back that is their core, they will be fine. They lack a point guard but they will get after it. Having your best athlete, leading rebounder and top two scorers return is what I would call their horses being back.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Alex has too much quickness and toughness for the rest of the league. Athens will finish second.

Birdman
Riding the Bench

Post by Birdman »

Spartan wrote:Alex has too much quickness and toughness for the rest of the league. Athens will finish second.
coach363 wrote:By all means Alexander is the best team in the TVC hands down.... I believe like I've said Alexander Athens then everyone else....
We scrimmaged them last week along with a few other teams. They did not look like the typical Alexander team. They lost a few quarters bad. Got a call from a coach they play soon and is all I could really say is they didn't look like Alex. He said they lost to a mediocre Logan Elm team on Saturday. I really respect coach but if he can't get it straightened out soon it will be a long season. I feel there will be better teams in the TVC this year.

Return to “Girls Basketball”