Irontons Nikki Elswick sign with Shawnee State (Final Stats)

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Irontons Nikki Elswick sign with Shawnee State (Final Stats)

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congrat to Nikki, Shawnee State is getting a heck of a PLAYER.

http://www.irontontribune.com/2010/12/16/38571/

Stats through 23 Games (15-8)

Points - 33 - 25 - 25 - 25 - 22 - 23 - 16 - 24 - 9 - 18 - 16 - 13 - 27 - 19 - 25 - 10 - 18 - 18 - 20 - 25 - 10 - 17 - 8 = 446 points = 19.4 PPG

Rebounds - 16 - 9 - 7 - 13 - 12 - 16 - 7 - 11 - 8 - 7 - 11 - 16 -15 - 5 - 21 - 9 - 18 - 13 - 13 - 18 - 11 - 12 - 13 = 281 = 12.2 RPG

Foul Shots - 12-15 - 3-4 - 3-5 - 7-11 - 3-6 - 7-11 - 3-5 - 1-2 - 0-0 - 3-5 - 0-0 - 0-0 - 8-10 - 1-2 - 5-7 - 2-5 - 0-0 - 0-0 - 2-3 - 8-10 - 6-11 - 7-8 - 1-4 = 82 of 124 = 66%

15 - Double / Doubles

Three Pointers - 18
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:40 am, edited 28 times in total.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Irontons Nikki Elswick signs with Shawnee State Universi

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Congrats to Nikki.....and good luck...!!

Tiger Lady
SE

Post by Tiger Lady »

Kudos to Nikki and her family......play hard and study hard and good luck at the next level :!: :!:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Will she play softball as well? She definately could.

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

No, she got a full ride to play basketball. Coach Smith said they prefer that they play just the one sport. Plus, Nikki's preference is basketball and she really did not want to play volleyball or softball in college; but you are so right. She could play softball at the next level and volleyball as well. She gives 125% no matter what sport she's playing. She is blessed with being 6'2" in heigth and at her size basketball is where the money was. She owns the paint no matter what court she's playing on and is just as dangerous on the perimeter. She knows it too! The kid has worked hard and still hasn't reached her peak. Great job Nikki!

butcherman108
SEO

Post by butcherman108 »

Congrats to Nikki great kid.Good luck.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Well, I watched her in all 3 sports and the 6'2 sure didn't keep her from being an excellent first baseman and one dangerous middle-of-the lineup hitters.

Best of luck to her!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

stats through 5 games added.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Congrats!

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

even though i will be rooting againest her on monday when she plays us. I still have to say congratulations.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Stats updated through 6 games.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

What did She do against OH tonight?

Heard on the other thread, that Oak Hill won easiely.

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

Elswick had 16 of Ironton's 24 points. We got beat by 30 pts. A lot of bad calls but no excuse to have been beat by that margin. No guard play what so ever for Ironton.

sportnut
Riding the Bench

Post by sportnut »

Looked to me that Taylor swings the ball the wrong way on purpose to keep the ball away from Elswick. If that's where Ironton's scoring is at then get the ball to her. There is no screens no picks no nothing with their guards. Playing keep away doesn't help get points just turnovers and no points. Coach should call his team on it. There were quite a few bad calls but come on, 30 point split. Get the cones out and make the guards learn to dribble. We've seen more turnovers than we care to count. If they can't bring the ball down, then how bout the Dutey kid off JV?

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

I have never seen parents throw their kids teammates and coaches under the bus this much. I think that everyone would have been better off if she had transferred before the year started. I have heard nothing but great things about Nikki from the coaching staff at Ironton. you would think that the parents could do the same about others.

Good luck to Nicki the rest of the season and at shawnee st. next year. She is a great player.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

What happened with Rebekka Potter, I remember something about her getting injured over the Summer, will she be back this season?

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

MightyOaksFan wrote:I have never seen parents throw their kids teammates and coaches under the bus this much. I think that everyone would have been better off if she had transferred before the year started. I have heard nothing but great things about Nikki from the coaching staff at Ironton. you would think that the parents could do the same about others.

Good luck to Nicki the rest of the season and at shawnee st. next year. She is a great player.
First of all it is parent. Nothing but the respect for our coaches. We just have a young team. They have to be shown their mistakes so they can learn. They will keep making the mistakes if nothing is said because they will think they are doing it right. I know all of our girls can do their job excellently. I've seen them play against Huntington, Ashland and many more. They are a great group of kids. They just get a little nervous and will adjust to the different play styles. Nikki loves her coaches and her team.

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:What happened with Rebekka Potter, I remember something about her getting injured over the Summer, will she be back this season?
Potter had to have knee surgery and was not able to play this season.

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

rickoshay wrote:What did She do against OH tonight?

Heard on the other thread, that Oak Hill won easiely.
They did and Nikki did what she could with the defensive coverage and 4 fouls of her own. She was trying to play safe to stay in the game. Best of luck to both teams. Play hard and make Southern Ohio proud.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Ok, look back at your statement, just looked like an awful thought of tire tread marks on the Ironton team and coaches.

Return to “Girls Basketball”