Irontons Nikki Elswick sign with Shawnee State (Final Stats)

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Re: Irontons Nikki Elswick signs with Shawnee State Universi

Post by sportygrl »

MightyOaksFan wrote:Ok, look back at your statement, just looked like an awful thought of tire tread marks on the Ironton team and coaches.
ok you've shared your relentless thoughts of me over and over so I will be the bigger person here. There was a question on my daughter and I answered. Like you, I'm sure, I don't like to lose. So I give my opinions. It's in my blood to do so. Not one comment about you and your absurd thoughts relentlessly repeating yourself dogging my kid. It was the Oak Hill fans on here saying that Ironton was a one man team. There are no one man teams. Some just get a streak of having well rounded teams and others have to rebuild. Enough said. Our girls will settle down and they will be just fine. Who knows, maybe we'll meet up at the Convo for round two. Last season we met back up with 7 losses. No one knows how any season is going to end up. Not your or me. So it's time to shut up and enjoy our seasons. Let's hope our teams go injury free. One basketball fan to another.

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

P.S. Ironton has no recruits. We play with the kids that have orange and black in their blood.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

sportygrl wrote:
OHbuckeye1 wrote:What happened with Rebekka Potter, I remember something about her getting injured over the Summer, will she be back this season?
Potter had to have knee surgery and was not able to play this season.
Thanks for the info, She's a big loss for the Tigers this year.

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

i know we were againest each other monday night but i hope elswick and ironton have a wonderful year .

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Not a roundball subject, but I hope Potter's knee is healthy enuff for her to play softball this year. She may wait till next year to give it more healing time but she will be a great addition to the Lady Tigers softball team if the doc lets her play......

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Relentless? I posted twice on the subject. I just don't think you give much credit to Coach Graham and his staff for what they have done over the years at Ironton. Any topic that comes up about last year you mention that Elswick was on the bench for most of the season and then the coaching staff got smarter.

As far as recruits, Oak Hill has no recruits. They do have some transfers that have never worn any other jersey during their high school career. For that matter only one of them even wore a different jersey in junior high.

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

Yes all our girls have played in Oak Hill there whole high school career. What does it matter though. You are forgetting the main point they chose to play at Oak Hill.

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

MightyOaksFan wrote:Relentless? I posted twice on the subject. I just don't think you give much credit to Coach Graham and his staff for what they have done over the years at Ironton. Any topic that comes up about last year you mention that Elswick was on the bench for most of the season and then the coaching staff got smarter.

As far as recruits, Oak Hill has no recruits. They do have some transfers that have never worn any other jersey during their high school career. For that matter only one of them even wore a different jersey in junior high.
Don't stretch the words please. Well, as far as Elswick and the bench thing. It's not like I'm telling a lie. She was a bench warmer. What is wrong with saying that. I would like for you to show me one time that anything was said to the effect that our coaches got smarter. You are rediculous. As far as the recruiting thing, Oak Hill tried awfully hard to recruit Elswick after the outcome last season. She chose to stay at Ironton. If you would like some names of the contacts from Oak Hill that I've received text messages from, pm me. I'll show them to you if you like or anyone else for that matter. We also have endless messages from Minford people as well. Now will you shut up about this stupidity and as I said before, enjoy your regular season and we will do the same. Maybe will meet again this yr. or maybe not. This subject is officially finished.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

sportygrl wrote:
MightyOaksFan wrote:Relentless? I posted twice on the subject. I just don't think you give much credit to Coach Graham and his staff for what they have done over the years at Ironton. Any topic that comes up about last year you mention that Elswick was on the bench for most of the season and then the coaching staff got smarter.

Don't stretch the words please. Well, as far as Elswick and the bench thing. It's not like I'm telling a lie. She was a bench warmer. What is wrong with saying that. I would like for you to show me one time that anything was said to the effect that our coaches got smarter. You are rediculous. As far as the recruiting thing, Oak Hill tried awfully hard to recruit Elswick after the outcome last season. She chose to stay at Ironton. If you would like some names of the contacts from Oak Hill that I've received text messages from, pm me. I'll show them to you if you like or anyone else for that matter. We also have endless messages from Minford people as well. Now will you shut up about this stupidity and as I said before, enjoy your regular season and we will do the same. Maybe will meet again this yr. or maybe not. This subject is officially finished.
If You were contacted and any of the below has happened and it involved any of the below it should be reported to OHSAA as a viiolation of OHSAA Bylaws.

Section 9. Recruiting

4-9-1 A student is considered a prospective athlete after enrolling in the seventh grade, or the grade
corresponding to the seventh grade for a student from a foreign country. Any attempt to recruit
a prospective student-athlete for athletic purposes shall be strictly prohibited.

4-9-2 For purposes of this Bylaw Section 9, the term “recruit” shall mean the use of influence by
any person connected or not connected with the school to secure the transfer of a prospective
student-athlete.

4-9-3 All member high schools are permitted to mass market their entire high school program and all
of its elements for the purpose of informing and recruiting students.
• Recruiting a select athletic group or individual, i.e. eighth grade team or individual sports
participants, is a violation.

• Coaches initiating contact with prospective student-athletes, who are not presently enrolled
in the school’s educational program, or their parents, prior to written acceptance notification
(which cannot occur prior to January 2), is a violation.

• Note: For the purposes of this section of Bylaw 4, the description of “coaches” as stated in
Bylaws 6-1-1 and 6-1-2 shall be applicable.

4-9-4 Prior to enrollment, a student-athlete may visit a public or non-public school in contemplation
of transfer, as long as that contemplated transfer is consistent with Board of Education or similar
governing board policy formally adopted by that school district and arrangements for the visit
are made through the principal and/or school administrator designated by the Board of Education
or similar governing board.

4-9-5 All questions relating to enrollment, attendance or the athletic program shall be handled through
the school administration or the admissions office. High school coaches may answer athletic
questions from prospective student-athletes and/or their parents and describe their programs
only within the school in accordance with approved administrative policies and procedures (i.e.
via admissions offices).

4-9-6 Member schools shall not distribute athletic publications or advertise solely for athletics. All
athletic materials must be accompanied by general school information, prior to student registration.
Athletic camp brochures that advertise athletic camps that are available to a general population
are permitted.

4-9-7 Invitations and/or free admission to high school contests or invitations to athletic-related recognition
ceremonies/banquets, etc., are permitted provided that the invitation or admission is
extended to the entire group or team and is mutually agreed upon by the administrations of both
schools/organizations. Additional favors or inducements, such as T-shirts or caps, cannot be
given to prospective student-athletes or their parents.

4-9-8 Providing financial aid or scholarships to a student on the basis of athletic ability is prohibited.

4-9-9 All member school coaches approved by the Board of Education or other governing board and
student-athletes, when invited, may speak at elementary/middle schools, as well as to youth
organizations, provided the talk focuses on educational values and coaching techniques and is
not used to recruit student-athletes.
BYLAWS 54

4-9-10 Any violation of the recruiting prohibitions as set forth in this bylaw shall cause the recruited
student-athlete to be ineligible upon transfer. Furthermore, the school to which the recruited
student-athlete transfers or the school the recruiting attempts were intended to benefit shall be
subject to sanctions as set forth in Bylaw 11.

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

i wasn't there i don't know one way or another it may have happened it may not have. All i know is it is pasted oak hill got a big game tom night with s.p and i don't know about ironton. So i think it should be dropped and both teams should go on with the season without any distractions.

Ole_Cuzin_Funk
Freshman Team

Post by Ole_Cuzin_Funk »

sportygrl wrote:

LMAO. Now thats funny right there, I dont care who ya are!!!!!!!!!!! Ill have to dig up my post from last year about the recruiting program.

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

Wasn't Elswick going to go to Minford this year? I'm pretty sure that's what you were saying, but something happened and she couldn't go. I think there was a lot of coach bashing in there, too. I have no dog in this fight, but I'm just saying...

sportnut
Riding the Bench

Post by sportnut »

conehead wrote:Wasn't Elswick going to go to Minford this year? I'm pretty sure that's what you were saying, but something happened and she couldn't go. I think there was a lot of coach bashing in there, too. I have no dog in this fight, but I'm just saying...
If what I heard is correct; one of the Elswick kids coaches from Minford did try and talk them into transferring to play ball with his daughter because of some miscommunication and conflict between an AAU tournament and a high school shootout. Nikki herself chose not to abandon her friends and team mates that she has grown up with. She is wearing orange and black that says Ironton; so sounds like you need to stop reaching. From what I hear it was more than Oak Hill and Minford that was after her. From reading all the crap on here, it looks like all you other teams are still after her because she didn't transfer out. Quit hatin' and congradulate 'er.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Stats updated after win over Adena 12/30

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Irontons Nikki Elswick signs with Shawnee State / Stats

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Stats updated through game 9, win over Gallia Academy

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

I'm not reaching. I just swear I heard she went to Minford to sign up but it didn't work out. Not talking bad about the kid, just wondering...

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

conehead wrote:I'm not reaching. I just swear I heard she went to Minford to sign up but it didn't work out. Not talking bad about the kid, just wondering...
Let's just say this. Yes, the opportunity was there, OH, SP, Ashland,KY, to name just a few opportunities she had besides Minford. Her decision was to stay at Ironton. I'm sorry if I get a bit touchy on this.
Last edited by sportygrl on Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tiger Lady
SE

Post by Tiger Lady »

sportygrl wrote:
conehead wrote:I'm not reaching. I just swear I heard she went to Minford to sign up but it didn't work out. Not talking bad about the kid, just wondering...
Let's just say this. Yes, the opportunity was there, OH, SP, Ashland,KY, to name just a few opportunities she had besides Minford. Her decision was to stay at Ironton. I'm sorry if I get a touchy on this.
Most moms do get touchy about their daughters.............nothing wrong about that :!:

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

Tiger Lady wrote:
sportygrl wrote:
Let's just say this. Yes, the opportunity was there, OH, SP, Ashland,KY, to name just a few opportunities she had besides Minford. Her decision was to stay at Ironton. I'm sorry if I get a touchy on this.
Most moms do get touchy about their daughters.............nothing wrong about that :!:
Thank you, Tiger Lady. I'm glad someone understands.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Stats updated through game 10.

Return to “Girls Basketball”