South Point @ Alexander

HoopsRef
Waterboy

South Point @ Alexander

Post by HoopsRef »

I am amazed at the unsportsmanship that I witnessed at that game from people from South Point. Sitting in the stands, listening to people run their mouths, and critisize every call that was made! The lady official has had the state, and most likely have it this year. One of the other officials has a regional this year! I heard one fan say "they can't work in Lawerence County. How stupid are they!? Ever think there isn't "Good Basketball" in Lawrence County besides Ironton and Chesapeake? The foul right at the end of the game should have been a FLAGRANT and she (from SP) should be sitting 2 games! Face it SP doggies, you got out played, out hustled, out shot, out ran, out coached, and you can't take it!!! I was in the locker room and was told by a Alexander School personel, that someone wanted the officials names! As an official, if was to ever get a call or someone be dumb enough to contact me after a game...my my my the consiquences they would face! Get over it people! Alexander beat you just lie they beat Pinkerington @ the CONVO. By fundameantal basketball! Its obvious those kids act just like Mom and Dad!

Now, that being said...thats probably a whole different game if the Fletcher girl plays without turning ankle. Shes a good kid, and great parents. Mom didn't say a thing and Dad didn't either! IF the rest acted like them...wow, what a difference in a program! Nice job Denton on your CONVO win, and the win against SP! Looks as if your on the right track for ANOTHER successful year! Merry CHRISTmas to everyone!

seenitall
Waterboy

Re: South Point @ Alexander

Post by seenitall »

What you are saying about the fans may be true. But I have seen this SP girls team to say they are not good is foolish.Sounds like Alexander played a really good game. Because I know for a fact this is a very good team and well coached. We play them twice a year and it is always fun to watch. If Fletcher was hurt you missed a chance to see a very good player. She is not the only one. Don't know about the fans and all the other stuff.

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

Why did Ironton and Chesapeake have to be brought into this thread? As an Ironton parent and an AAU parent whom child shared teams with many other players from Lawrence Co. and other states for that matter. There is plenty of great talent out there and just because you have some ill mannered fans in the stands that have little to no sportsmanship, please think before you lower yourself to their level by comparing other teams to those few. I am sure that there were just as many South Point fans keeping their collective. I hope the Fletcher kid has a speedy recovery and is ok. To Alexander, congradulations to the coaches and the team. This was a good win for you.

SP Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by SP Fan »

I am a South Point fan who was unable to be at the game. I have heard that the other team made derogatory comments to our girls through the whole game, clawed, stomped on, etc. I would like to know if they had any players foul out during the game. SP was playing with one player out with an injury as you stated. SP also had three other players foul out and on a team who rarely has anyone foul out (much less three in one game), it sounds as if SP may have been playing at a disadvantage. There is a tendency to get upset when you feel your girls are being treated unfairly. I notice you didn't have one negative comment about the other team and if you are an official who was there as a fan, I can only assume you probably have a relative on that team. There are two sides to every story and your view of the game was obviously tainted and one-sided.

Ole_Cuzin_Funk
Freshman Team

Post by Ole_Cuzin_Funk »

Finally, some drama!!!!! People wouldnt yell if refs didnt constantly blow calls. I dont care who gets state, regionals, whatever, ive seen horrible officiating at every level. I think refs should be reviewed after every game by watching film, and every blown call, they should lose $$$ of what they are paid. Im pretty sure that would cut some of the obvious bias that goes on.

Birdman
Riding the Bench

Post by Birdman »

hoops ref what would the person face that questioned you. Not the smartest thing to write. I came up for this game so I was there. South Points fans were good for the most part just a few that were out of hand. One SP fan even told a few SP fans to be quiet. Fletcher did play most of the first half. I believe the score was 23-7 when she went out. It was a physical game. Alex got probably 5-6 charges against South Point. The refs had nothing to do with the out come of the game. Alex must have shot 70% from the field but they were shooting lay ups. Alex beat Sp up the floor all night. The game did get very chippy at the end of the game but South Point just got frustrated and Alex stayed composed. As soon as the game started I told my buddy S P was in trouble. Alex was not backing down. Good luck to both teams and I hope the Fletcher gets healthy. I am sure she will be fine she came back in the second half and played.

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

Nice post SP Fan! The foul that HoopsRef is talking about probably should have been a flagrant foul, but lets point out that the Alexander players had 2 previous plays that should have been as well! Was it right for the SP player to do that "NO"! So dont get on here and complain about SP when your team played the same way.

Alexander played very well. SP had a off night. Sometimes it happens. SP also needs to do better as a team instead of worrying about who is doing what. It was eventually going to happen because the coach allows way to much drama to go on instead of telling them what their rolls are! Lesson to be learned for SP.

So for HoopRef to say that they get it from the parents! I guess that goes for both teams then. Was you amazed at the unsportsmanship of Alexander as well?

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

HoopsRef wrote:I am amazed at the unsportsmanship that I witnessed at that game from people from South Point. Sitting in the stands, listening to people run their mouths, and critisize every call that was made! The lady official has had the state, and most likely have it this year. One of the other officials has a regional this year! I heard one fan say "they can't work in Lawerence County. How stupid are they!? Ever think there isn't "Good Basketball" in Lawrence County besides Ironton and Chesapeake? The foul right at the end of the game should have been a FLAGRANT and she (from SP) should be sitting 2 games! Face it SP doggies, you got out played, out hustled, out shot, out ran, out coached, and you can't take it!!! I was in the locker room and was told by a Alexander School personel, that someone wanted the officials names! As an official, if was to ever get a call or someone be dumb enough to contact me after a game...my my my the consiquences they would face! Get over it people! Alexander beat you just lie they beat Pinkerington @ the CONVO. By fundameantal basketball! Its obvious those kids act just like Mom and Dad!

Now, that being said...thats probably a whole different game if the Fletcher girl plays without turning ankle. Shes a good kid, and great parents. Mom didn't say a thing and Dad didn't either! IF the rest acted like them...wow, what a difference in a program! Nice job Denton on your CONVO win, and the win against SP! Looks as if your on the right track for ANOTHER successful year! Merry CHRISTmas to everyone!
Hope you officiate better than you spell. Making assumptions like this and calling others stupid seems a bit over the top. All schools have fans who become a bit too passionate especially during heated contests. I wasn't at the game nor am I a fan of either school but it seems obvious that you are a fan of Alexander and seem to want to rub some salt in the wound. That seems to be as classless as what you accuse the South Point fans of doing.

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

May I ask one question? Why EVERYTIME South Point loses do they blame it on officials??? Last years loss in the playoffs, a couple years back when they lost to Minford??? ALWAYS officials!!! Look in the mirror, see what is looking back!!!

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

ClevelandBrowns#1 wrote:May I ask one question? Why EVERYTIME South Point loses do they blame it on officials??? Last years loss in the playoffs, a couple years back when they lost to Minford??? ALWAYS officials!!! Look in the mirror, see what is looking back!!!

Well I must be blind cause I dont see any South Point fans blaming this game on the officials.Every School has the fans that get to involved in the game just like boomer633 said that also includes fans that like to criticize the refs as well (and dont think your school does not have them because they do).So one game does not make a season so South Point get your heads back on go out and win the rest of your games and head into the postseason strong. GO Pointers.

akwhitewater
Freshman Team

Post by akwhitewater »

May I just say I am a little disappointed in this particular thread. I seems that everyone has an opinion about the refs and fans but there is very little about the Alexander Girls. I was really looking forward to hearing how they did. I live across the country so I logon here to get alot of the information. Can anyone give me a rundown on the stats?

May I just say congrats to the Lady Spartans.. from what I can make out it seems they have won a couple very difficult games and continue to improve.

SP Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by SP Fan »

akwhitewater, there is an article about the game at http://www.irontontribune.com.

akwhitewater
Freshman Team

Post by akwhitewater »

Thank you so much SP Fan

sportnut
Riding the Bench

Post by sportnut »

ClevelandBrowns#1 wrote:May I ask one question? Why EVERYTIME South Point loses do they blame it on officials??? Last years loss in the playoffs, a couple years back when they lost to Minford??? ALWAYS officials!!! Look in the mirror, see what is looking back!!!
Another question, how many times has SP made it past one and done? They leave Lawrence County and they cannot handle the pressure.

sportnut
Riding the Bench

Post by sportnut »

Ole_Cuzin_Funk wrote:Finally, some drama!!!!! People wouldnt yell if refs didnt constantly blow calls. I dont care who gets state, regionals, whatever, ive seen horrible officiating at every level. I think refs should be reviewed after every game by watching film, and every blown call, they should lose $$$ of what they are paid. Im pretty sure that would cut some of the obvious bias that goes on.
Hey cuzin, I bet SP gets a second loss when they face the Oaks and I'll bet the refs cheat then too. LOL

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

sportnut wrote:
Another question, how many times has SP made it past one and done? They leave Lawrence County and they cannot handle the pressure.

considering South Point handle's everyone in lawrence county pretty easily other than ironton no one challenges South Point. So yeah they do have to go away and play better teams and yeah sometimes they lose but hey at least they are good enough to have pressure on them to go and try and earn some respect for the ovc.

seenitall
Waterboy

Post by seenitall »

If I'm not mistaken they have been to the regionals a couple of times in the last few years. Ironton hasn't beatin' them in a long time. I do think my R.V. Raiders can get them this year. Go Raiders. We gave Ironton all they wanted.

sportnut
Riding the Bench

Post by sportnut »

seenitall wrote:If I'm not mistaken they have been to the regionals a couple of times in the last few years. Ironton hasn't beatin' them in a long time. I do think my R.V. Raiders can get them this year. Go Raiders. We gave Ironton all they wanted.
a loss is a loss if it had been by only one point....and yeah R.V. Raiders tested Ironton.
Last edited by sportnut on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Maybe hoopsref isn't a very good ref since he/she was in the stands and didn't have a game that night. Maybe he/she is mad.

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

We play south point next week is south point pretty good.

Return to “Girls Basketball”