Alexander at Minford

mglight88
SE

Alexander at Minford

Post by mglight88 »

The Lady Falcons opened the game with the Lady Spartans strong and finshed just as strong with a 48-35 win over Alexander.
Minford, before falling to Jackson over the Christmas break, improved to 7-2 overall. It has been very tough for Minford to defeat Alexander in recent years, but Minford proved this season was their time to shine.
Next game at home against Portsmouth West, varsity game only 6 pm.
Rescheduled game at Scioto Northwest set for Saturday 1-8 at 6 pm for the JV.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Re: Alexander at Minford

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Wow, basketball is an interesting game. I thought Alexander would have this one for sure with the way they had been playing.
Congrats to Minford on a big win.

gt13osu
Varsity

Post by gt13osu »

Can anybody comment on the event that took place just after the game with the ref?

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

I was there and you hate to see that kind of stuff happen at a game.

teamworkwins
Riding the Bench

Post by teamworkwins »

Nice win. Minford must be playing well.

RoadMan
Riding the Bench

Post by RoadMan »

Someone spill the beans, what happened after the game? Was it an official and a coach? Fan? Inquiring minds, ok, nosy minds...

spartan2012
Waterboy

Post by spartan2012 »

ok, i talked to an Alex. palyer and this is what i know. A ref ejected a fan. the fan came back into the school after the game was over. The ref saw him re-enter and told him to not come back. the fan and ref began to argue and the ref tried to force the fan outside. The fan apparently got on top of the ref and strated punching him and was then broken up.

Swampfox
Freshman Team

Post by Swampfox »

I thought the refs duties ended, once the game ended. If the ejected fan wanted to come back in, to get his daughter or talk to the players he should be allowed to do so. From what I'm hearing the ref shouldn't ref a game, but rumors increases which each voice. The site officials need to investigate and file a report to the state.

spartan2012
Waterboy

Post by spartan2012 »

Swampfox wrote:I thought the refs duties ended, once the game ended. If the ejected fan wanted to come back in, to get his daughter or talk to the players he should be allowed to do so. From what I'm hearing the ref shouldn't ref a game, but rumors increases which each voice. The site officials need to investigate and file a report to the state.

I think thats a great point, once you are ejected, its only during the game. you can re-enter once the games is completed.

interception
Waterboy

Post by interception »

I don't care what or who started anything. I get sick of adults not learning to lose graciously, what a thing to be teaching the youth of today. Okay so its always the officials fault when your team isnt playing great, I get that, but geez adults have to set an example for the kids, no wonder there are so many problems today in the world of athletics.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

If you guys are going to tell the story at least get the story correct!

1. NOT an Alexander fan, so had nothing to do with losing gracefully

2. The fan who was involved was not kicked out and did not come back in

3. The official started the altercation.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

interception wrote:I don't care what or who started anything. I get sick of adults not learning to lose graciously, what a thing to be teaching the youth of today. Okay so its always the officials fault when your team isnt playing great, I get that, but geez adults have to set an example for the kids, no wonder there are so many problems today in the world of athletics.
Read my above post, had nothing to do with the losing team, and the official walked up and dropped the guy.

spartan2012
Waterboy

Post by spartan2012 »

Pol Pot wrote:If you guys are going to tell the story at least get the story correct!

1. NOT an Alexander fan, so had nothing to do with losing gracefully

2. The fan who was involved was not kicked out and did not come back in

3. The official started the altercation.

I dont know the acctual story, thats just what someone told me. Lots of rumors.....

Birdman
Riding the Bench

Post by Birdman »

I was there because we play minford in a couple weeks. The ref's were looking in the crowd from the start of the game. No person warrented getting thrown out. The did a terrible job both ways. The refs thought everyone showed up to watch them last night. It was a parent from Minford the the ref decked. The ref should never be aloud in a gym as a ref again. I feel bad for both teams having young ladies witness this. It was a nightmare after the game. Minford played lights out and Alex looked flat. Good luck to both teams

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Spartan, by stating things you do not know to be fact you are spreading the rumors and that is never good.

Birdman, the ref should be prosecuted, just like the fan would be if he attacked the ref.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

Possible video of incident. In the booth under review. Not good in any event. Refs seemed to show some interest in the fans. The players were a little chippy, the time could have been better spent on the game.
As to the game: Close and seemed to turn when Alex lost their main ball handler to fouls. M. Grinstead I believe. Minford in double bonus and moved away to win by 13.

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

i have seen some fans that need to be punched. glad a ref finally had the naddy's to do it. bet that fan wont mouth a ref again :lol:

ervbaseball13
Riding the Bench

Post by ervbaseball13 »

I want to clear some things up. These are the facts I know about last night. I was the Alex fan that was ejected and a Minford fan was also ejected. I was ejected for telling the refs they should start blowing there whistles or someone is gonna get hurt. Before and after the Ref ejected me, he was making faces and doing uncalled for hand gestures towards me.The Minford fan was ejected for saying lets just play the game. At the start of the 1st quarter the Ref and the Minford fan that got into it had some words when the Minford fan said something about a call and the Ref walked over toward the Minford fan sayin something. After the game those two got into a fight. I was out at the concession stand when all this took place and never went back in the gym.The other fan that was ejected had left the building. Some Minford fans said that the Ref threw the first punch but that I didn't see. What a shame the kids had to see all of that. The refs had nothing to do with the result of this game. THE REFS WERE AWFUL BOTH WAYS. As far as the game went, Alex had no fire last night and you could see that in warm ups. They just didn't look like they came to play. Minford played a great game and I wish them good luck the rest of the way.

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

ervbaseball13 wrote:I want to clear some things up. These are the facts I know about last night. I was the Alex fan that was ejected and a Minford fan was also ejected. I was ejected for telling the refs they should start blowing there whistles or someone is gonna get hurt. Before and after the Ref ejected me, he was making faces and doing uncalled for hand gestures towards me.The Minford fan was ejected for saying lets just play the game. At the start of the 1st quarter the Ref and the Minford fan that got into it had some words when the Minford fan said something about a call and the Ref walked over toward the Minford fan sayin something. After the game those two got into a fight. I was out at the concession stand when all this took place and never went back in the gym.The other fan that was ejected had left the building. Some Minford fans said that the Ref threw the first punch but that I didn't see. What a shame the kids had to see all of that. The refs had nothing to do with the result of this game. THE REFS WERE AWFUL BOTH WAYS. As far as the game went, Alex had no fire last night and you could see that in warm ups. They just didn't look like they came to play. Minford played a great game and I wish them good luck the rest of the way.
i have seen a lot of fans say stuff to the refs that is uncalled for, even our own student section that i have been a part of gets out of line sometimes. so i can see why a ref would go after a fan. not that he should do that, but the fan he went after according to you was mouthing him. sometimes you have either shut up or be willing to defend yourself. that is how life is

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

I think you are missing the part where the ref was mouthing the fan. Bottom line the ref is in no way justified in his actions.

Return to “Girls Basketball”