SE

South Point over Ironton by 23

Post by osumufan »

any one have any stats?

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Re: South Point over Ironton by 23

Post by abuck76 »

And this surprises anyone how? If SP was not stuck in D-II last year,by one or two girls, the Blue and GOLD!!! of SP, would have been on a trophy that said State Champions last year!! I am sooooo proud of my girls, as if they were my own daughters, and, the coaching staff at SPHS. Go gettum girls and Dave, don't let nothing, and I mean NOTHING!! stand in your way!!........ :12224

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

abuck76 wrote:And this surprises anyone how? If SP was not stuck in D-II last year,by one or two girls, the Blue and GOLD!!! of SP, would have been on a trophy that said State Champions last year!! I am sooooo proud of my girls, as if they were my own daughters, and, the coaching staff at SPHS. Go gettum girls and Dave, don't let nothing, and I mean NOTHING!! stand in your way!!........ :12224
That is funny right there. Liberty Benton would have beat them by 30+ points last year.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

MightyOaksFan wrote:
abuck76 wrote:And this surprises anyone how? If SP was not stuck in D-II last year,by one or two girls, the Blue and GOLD!!! of SP, would have been on a trophy that said State Champions last year!! I am sooooo proud of my girls, as if they were my own daughters, and, the coaching staff at SPHS. Go gettum girls and Dave, don't let nothing, and I mean NOTHING!! stand in your way!!........ :12224
That is funny right there. Liberty Benton would have beat them by 30+ points last year.
I agree, Liberty Benton was tough and at the Top of D3 last year, they won the State Championship by 22 Points........ Good luck to South Point in the D2 Tournament again this year, maybe next year they'll move back down to D3.

Congrats on the win against the Lady Tigers.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

Just another example of what I have said for a long time. D2 is much tougher to advance in than d4 or d3.
You are talking about advancing to regionals or state and could not get out of sectionals in d2.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

any one have any stats?
From the Ironton Tribune:
http://www.irontontribune.com/2011/01/1 ... t-8th-win/

Ironton 13 8 14 9 = 44

South Point 9 21 20 17 = 67

IRONTON (8-4): Alex Taylor 4 1 1-1 12, Nikki Elswick 5 1 0-0 13, Ariel Schweickart 1 1 -4 8, Karlee McMackin 0 0 0-0 0, Alicia Murphy 3 0 1-2 7, Emily Davis 0 0 2-2 2, Torie Klaiber 1 0 0-0 2, Kaitlyn Adkins 0 0 0-0 0, Taitlyn Dutey 0 0 0-0 0, Saige Fields 0 0 0-0 0. Totals: 17-42 7-9 44. Fouls: 9. 3-point goals: 3-9. Rebounds: 10 offense, 22 defense = 32 (Elswick 16, Taylor 9). Team/deadball rebounds: 2. Assists: 7 (Taylor 4). Steals: 6 (Schweickart 3, Taylor 3). Turnovers: 27.

SOUTH POINT (8-2): Allison Mitchell 7 0 4-4 18, Kayla Fletcher 4 4 1-1 21, Kimmie Bennett 1 0 0-0 2, Jalynn Bradburn 3 1 3-4 12, Erin Dillow 2 1 0-0 7, Angelica Stewart 1 1 0-0 5, Aundrea Bradburn 1 0 0-0 2, Eryn Khounlavong 0 0 0-0 0. Totals: 26-61 8-9 67. Fouls: 13. Fouled out: None. 3-point goals: 7-18. Rebounds: 11 offense, 13 defense = 24 (Bennett 5, Mitchell 4). Team/deadball rebounds: 6. Assists: 8 (Fletcher 3). Steals: 19 (Dillow 6, Fletcher 4, Mitchell 4). Turnovers: 9.

sportnut
Riding the Bench

Post by sportnut »

caglewis wrote:
any one have any stats?
From the Ironton Tribune:
http://www.irontontribune.com/2011/01/1 ... t-8th-win/

Ironton 13 8 14 9 = 44

South Point 9 21 20 17 = 67

IRONTON (8-4): Alex Taylor 4 1 1-1 12, Nikki Elswick 5 1 0-0 13, Ariel Schweickart 1 1 -4 8, Karlee McMackin 0 0 0-0 0, Alicia Murphy 3 0 1-2 7, Emily Davis 0 0 2-2 2, Torie Klaiber 1 0 0-0 2, Kaitlyn Adkins 0 0 0-0 0, Taitlyn Dutey 0 0 0-0 0, Saige Fields 0 0 0-0 0. Totals: 17-42 7-9 44. Fouls: 9. 3-point goals: 3-9. Rebounds: 10 offense, 22 defense = 32 (Elswick 16, Taylor 9). Team/deadball rebounds: 2. Assists: 7 (Taylor 4). Steals: 6 (Schweickart 3, Taylor 3). Turnovers: 27.

SOUTH POINT (8-2): Allison Mitchell 7 0 4-4 18, Kayla Fletcher 4 4 1-1 21, Kimmie Bennett 1 0 0-0 2, Jalynn Bradburn 3 1 3-4 12, Erin Dillow 2 1 0-0 7, Angelica Stewart 1 1 0-0 5, Aundrea Bradburn 1 0 0-0 2, Eryn Khounlavong 0 0 0-0 0. Totals: 26-61 8-9 67. Fouls: 13. Fouled out: None. 3-point goals: 7-18. Rebounds: 11 offense, 13 defense = 24 (Bennett 5, Mitchell 4). Team/deadball rebounds: 6. Assists: 8 (Fletcher 3). Steals: 19 (Dillow 6, Fletcher 4, Mitchell 4). Turnovers: 9.
Look at all Ironton's games and compare the turnovers. What is wrong with this?

sportnut
Riding the Bench

Post by sportnut »

That is really funny when you couldn't get past OH last yr. or this yr. and last yr. when Ironton had a team to run, OH couldn't get past them. SP wouldn't have beat Ironton last yr. if they had played the same lineup that OH played. Ironton definetly doesn't have a team this yr. to make a run. A matter of fact, I think the turnovers every game shows they don't have much talent if they can't bring the ball down court. Good luck to whoever makes it. Represent Southern Ohio big.

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

sportnut wrote:
That is really funny when you couldn't get past OH last yr. or this yr. and last yr. when Ironton had a team to run, OH couldn't get past them. SP wouldn't have beat Ironton last yr. if they had played the same lineup that OH played. Ironton definetly doesn't have a team this yr. to make a run. A matter of fact, I think the turnovers every game shows they don't have much talent if they can't bring the ball down court. Good luck to whoever makes it. Represent Southern Ohio big.

When South Point made the elite 8 what 2 years ago they beat ironton twice and they beat them this year by 23 I am not sure but if they played 2 years ago and this I am sure they played last year as well ( not 100% sure though) but for some reason I think South Point did beat the tigers last year, does anyone know?

OVC1999
Waterboy

Post by OVC1999 »

South Point beat Ironton last year by 10+. I will try & find the exact score, but yes, they did play last year, and South Point did win.

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

Yes, SP beat Ironton last yr. in the Ironton Classic. Elswick, my daughter only got like 3 minutes playing time the whole game. I personally agree and have already said the same thing in the past. If my daughter had got to play last yr. when Ironton played SP, they would not have beat us. That's my opinion only. We all have our rights to that. We only have two returning players this yr.; so we are rebuilding. I am proud of our girls and the way they step up against teams with big reputations. Now that this has been said, can we all please get over past results and prepare on the future of all our seasons. SP won this yr. and congrads on all their efforts. Good luck to both teams.

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

sportygrl wrote:Yes, SP beat Ironton last yr. in the Ironton Classic. Elswick, my daughter only got like 3 minutes playing time the whole game. I personally agree and have already said the same thing in the past. If my daughter had got to play last yr. when Ironton played SP, they would not have beat us. That's my opinion only. We all have our rights to that. We only have two returning players this yr.; so we are rebuilding. I am proud of our girls and the way they step up against teams with big reputations. Now that this has been said, can we all please get over past results and prepare on the future of all our seasons. SP won this yr. and congrads on all their efforts. Good luck to both teams.

I also personally agree if South Point scored more points than Sheldon Clark in the tourney last year then they would have won. :lol:

SP Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by SP Fan »

Someone asked for stats on a game to start this discussion and as usual the tone turns against South Point. It's pretty much a given that the level of competition is a lot tougher in D2 than in D3 or D4. At least South Point is competitive, most teams in this area would probably get blown out by 50+ points in a D2 game. Our girls work hard just the same as the girls on your teams do and they should be respected for their efforts. There is a lot of talent on our varsity team. Their winning record should speak for itself. Our JV team is coming along as well. There is talent there also and they have to work extra hard just to try and earn playing time in a varsity game. Some of our JV girls could probably be starters on other area varsity teams or at the very least get a lot of playing time in varsity games. The SP program is very competitive and quite frankly I'm tired of people trying to down play their accomplishments. Sure they haven't won every game they've played but how many teams have? They have certainly won more games in the past few years than most of the teams in this area. And, like I said our JV is coming along too, with a win over Ashland yesterday, and a 41 - 19 win over Ironton Saturday, etc. etc. The South Point girls should be given the same respect you would want your girls' teams to have, just saying....

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

sportygrl wrote:Yes, SP beat Ironton last yr. in the Ironton Classic. Elswick, my daughter only got like 3 minutes playing time the whole game. I personally agree and have already said the same thing in the past. If my daughter had got to play last yr. when Ironton played SP, they would not have beat us. That's my opinion only. We all have our rights to that. We only have two returning players this yr.; so we are rebuilding. I am proud of our girls and the way they step up against teams with big reputations. Now that this has been said, can we all please get over past results and prepare on the future of all our seasons. SP won this yr. and congrads on all their efforts. Good luck to both teams.
I have to agree, She would have made a big difference in the game last year especially with the cast of players Ironton had. All you have to do is look at what She did once Coach Graham made Nikki a Starter (where she should have been all season), Her Tourament play speaks volumes and being named to the States All Tournament Team says alot to not have been a starter most of the season.

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

SP Fan wrote:Someone asked for stats on a game to start this discussion and as usual the tone turns against South Point. It's pretty much a given that the level of competition is a lot tougher in D2 than in D3 or D4. At least South Point is competitive, most teams in this area would probably get blown out by 50+ points in a D2 game. Our girls work hard just the same as the girls on your teams do and they should be respected for their efforts. There is a lot of talent on our varsity team. Their winning record should speak for itself. Our JV team is coming along as well. There is talent there also and they have to work extra hard just to try and earn playing time in a varsity game. Some of our JV girls could probably be starters on other area varsity teams or at the very least get a lot of playing time in varsity games. The SP program is very competitive and quite frankly I'm tired of people trying to down play their accomplishments. Sure they haven't won every game they've played but how many teams have? They have certainly won more games in the past few years than most of the teams in this area. And, like I said our JV is coming along too, with a win over Ashland yesterday, and a 41 - 19 win over Ironton Saturday, etc. etc. The South Point girls should be given the same respect you would want your girls' teams to have, just saying....
If you had really paid close attention to what I was saying, you would've read that I congradulated the SP team on their efforts. That team is full of talent and I hope you do well in post season. We know several of the kids on the varsity and jv teams and only wish them well. Good luck from Ironton's #21s mom because I'm quite proud of her and her teams effort as well. I believe the Herald Dispatch had a SP player as quoted saying that Mitchell shut Elswick down. Even with being doubled teamed by 5 and 23 she had 13 pts. and 16 rebounds. Mitchell had 18 pts., mostly from foul shots, and I believe I read 4 rebounds, #23 for SP only had 2 pts., I don't really call that shutting down. It's just the game. Nobody likes watching a boring game.

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

sportygrl wrote:
SP Fan wrote:Someone asked for stats on a game to start this discussion and as usual the tone turns against South Point. It's pretty much a given that the level of competition is a lot tougher in D2 than in D3 or D4. At least South Point is competitive, most teams in this area would probably get blown out by 50+ points in a D2 game. Our girls work hard just the same as the girls on your teams do and they should be respected for their efforts. There is a lot of talent on our varsity team. Their winning record should speak for itself. Our JV team is coming along as well. There is talent there also and they have to work extra hard just to try and earn playing time in a varsity game. Some of our JV girls could probably be starters on other area varsity teams or at the very least get a lot of playing time in varsity games. The SP program is very competitive and quite frankly I'm tired of people trying to down play their accomplishments. Sure they haven't won every game they've played but how many teams have? They have certainly won more games in the past few years than most of the teams in this area. And, like I said our JV is coming along too, with a win over Ashland yesterday, and a 41 - 19 win over Ironton Saturday, etc. etc. The South Point girls should be given the same respect you would want your girls' teams to have, just saying....
If you had really paid close attention to what I was saying, you would've read that I congradulated the SP team on their efforts. That team is full of talent and I hope you do well in post season. We know several of the kids on the varsity and jv teams and only wish them well. Good luck from Ironton's #21s mom because I'm quite proud of her and her teams effort as well. I believe the Herald Dispatch had a SP player as quoted saying that Mitchell shut Elswick down. Even with being doubled teamed by 5 and 23 she had 13 pts. and 16 rebounds. Mitchell had 18 pts., mostly from foul shots, and I believe I read 4 rebounds, #23 for SP only had 2 pts., I don't really call that shutting down. It's just the game. Nobody likes watching a boring game.

The only number that matters from that game is 23 meaning the 23 points South Point won by

Athletic1
Waterboy

Post by Athletic1 »

If this mother has a complaint with the article in the newspaper, I suggest she take it up with the paper instead of discrediting SP players on this website. And to suggest that #5 needs any help in guarding any players is just ridiculous. In addition to this, if she would like to play Monday morning quarterback as to Ironton winning last years matchup why not tell us why in fact her daughter didn't get more playing time. I'm sure that the coach put the best five players on the court that he felt would perform the best. SP v. Ironton is always a highly emotional game and the Pointers have taken it three years in a row. At home, at Ironton, and in another location.

Athletic1
Waterboy

Post by Athletic1 »

And furthermore, since we are mentioning names on here, I believe only four of Mitchell's 18 pts came from foul shots:)

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

Athletic1 wrote:If this mother has a complaint with the article in the newspaper, I suggest she take it up with the paper instead of discrediting SP players on this website. And to suggest that #5 needs any help in guarding any players is just ridiculous. In addition to this, if she would like to play Monday morning quarterback as to Ironton winning last years matchup why not tell us why in fact her daughter didn't get more playing time. I'm sure that the coach put the best five players on the court that he felt would perform the best. SP v. Ironton is always a highly emotional game and the Pointers have taken it three years in a row. At home, at Ironton, and in another location.
Why, well that's a question that I would love to have the answer to and a matter of fact; if I had a nickel for everytime I've been asked that, I'd be rich. She is the only player from this area to make Ohio All-Tourney Team. Enough said!

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

Your daughter is a great player, yes she did make the All Tournment Team. Are there other players in SEOPS land just as good or better than her? Yes there are. It was a team effort and talent that got her to the tournament in the first place. Many times there are great players stuck on teams with no help that will never get out of the sectionals. SP held her to below her average, BTW when you are taller than every girl on the court your should outrebound them! That is if you can jump and get position!Ironton lost SP won lets go on. Tell her good luck at Shawnee! We don't need reminded of her accomplishments. You're proud let it rest!

and FYI quit slamming her teammates every chance you get.....the girls for Ironton I am sure are trying their best so give it a rest!

Return to “Girls Basketball”