Division 3 Tournament

MightyOaksFan
SE

Division 3 Tournament

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Thought it would be good to have a place to talk about all of division 3 in the southeast instead of each sectional. What are the matchups that look good at sectionals and looking ahead what are some matchups that you are hoping for.

If Oak Hill can get past Crooksville in their second game I think they have a good shot at a run to the Final Four. But that is why they play the games.

I see Oak Hill, Alexander and Minford winning their brackets and heading to Regionals.

http://seodab.org/brackets/2011/bbkgirls/d3.pdf

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Division 3 Tournament

Post by 93Bulldog »

I keep a different type of schedule/bracket on trivalleyconference.com - and would like to stay up-to-date on ALL the teams' regular season results so we know what each teams' actual record is heading into the tourney.

http://trivalleyconference.com/Schedules.html

Use this thread - or the Divisional records sticky thread - to keep me posted on how your team does down the stretch.

thx

whosaidwhat
Waterboy

Post by whosaidwhat »

Crooksville a #4 seed? Tough break for Oak Hill

The Answer
Waterboy

Post by The Answer »

Why the ? for the #4 seed? Minford beat Alexander. Alexander beat Zane Trace. Alexander beat Maysville. Maysville beat Crooksville 2 times. I wouldn't go looking past your 1st game and if you do get to play the Oaks make sure you have a really sharp axe cause the Oaks will be hard to chop down;)

BASKET_WEAVER8675309
Waterboy

Post by BASKET_WEAVER8675309 »

The Answer wrote:Why the ? for the #4 seed? Minford beat Alexander. Alexander beat Zane Trace. Alexander beat Maysville. Maysville beat Crooksville 2 times. I wouldn't go looking past your 1st game and if you do get to play the Oaks make sure you have a really sharp axe cause the Oaks will be hard to chop down;)
I have to say Amen to that. I have seen them play a few times this year and they are the complete package. I wont be surprised if they make it all the way to Columbus.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Crooksville could have been anywhere from 1-4. Usually they come in with a .500 record and are much better than that record. So having a record like they do against the quality of opponents that they have is impressive.

ervbaseball13
Riding the Bench

Post by ervbaseball13 »

The Alex win over Maysville and Croosville's 2 losses to Maysville IMO puts Crooksville behind Alex. The Minford win over Alex with their record puts them up front. Alex also beat Zane Trace, so IMO 3-4 seed not 1-4. Should be a great tournament anyway no matter what seed your school is. Good Luck to all the teams.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

it does'nt matter who the oaks play.......roll on oaks...

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

I agree that it would have been tough for themto get a 1 or 2 but i don't see any argument for ZT to be above them. I am sure that coaches looked at match ups down the road as well and made some calls

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

MOF: What is Oak Hills remaining regular schedule?? Thanks.

Birdman
Riding the Bench

Post by Birdman »

M O F I am sure every coach did talk to one another. Are you saying Coach Hale didn't call other coaches also. I am sure every coach does this. If you look at crooksvilles record they have 4 d-4 wins and of those 4 none have a winning record a couple didn't have but a couple wins. I can see how people would look at that also. Look at how Adena took the 3 seed to stay away from O.H. as long as they can. Coaches do what is best for their team.
Doesn't matter O.H. rolls to the State Tournament again

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

agreed

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

I am not disagreeing with anyone. We are all saying the same thing. There was some jockeying(if that is a word) to get in certain spots. I don't have a problem with it at all. I have been in the rooms when they vote and know all of the talks before hand. It is all a game all the way through the voting.

Crooksville though, is at a disadvantage in that they are not in a league with any of the teams in our district. They have no buddies to rely on for votes, so coaches can put them wherever they want every year.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

md2020 wrote:MOF: What is Oak Hills remaining regular schedule?? Thanks.
Huntington St. Joe
Northwest
Chesapeake

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

Last edited by Browns30 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Yes but I don't know if it will be enough for the Lady Oaks to jump them. If the first place votes aren't for Akron then those papers might vote for another school from that area. I think that Oak Hill's win over St. Joe should help some.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

I guess we got the votes, now to go after the #1 that really means a lot more to these girls

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

when does porthsmouth and coal grove play i was just interested since the oaks play the winner.

Tiger Lady
SE

Post by Tiger Lady »

bryanc45 wrote:when does porthsmouth and coal grove play i was just interested since the oaks play the winner.

Division 3 brackets

Grove plays Portsmouth tonite, 2-16, at Rock Hill..........7:00PM

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

ok i thought it was tonight but wasn't sure and for some strange reason i can't get the bracket up on my computer.

Return to “Girls Basketball”