Wellston @ Vinton County 2/10 (senior night)

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Wellston @ Vinton County 2/10 (senior night)

Post by Sid Farkus »

Congratulations to the Lady Vikings for beating Wellston on senior night Thursday. Vinton County's two seniors (Donyel Castor and Sara Kingsbury) made key plays down the stretch to get the win, also. The Vikings finished the season at 7-13. That's only two less wins than last year's team that graduated 5 starters and an all state/1,000 point scorer (Tori Dixon). Great job, Coach Kight! The Lady Vikings should improve a great deal next year considering that 3 freshman and a sophomore were depended on heavily this season and the fact that many teams in the league will be losing a lot of talent, such as Meigs and Alexander. Look forward to seeing Coach Kight lead the Lady Vikings to a very successful season next year!

hawkeyepierce
S

Re: Wellston @ Vinton County 2/10 (senior night)

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Congratulations to Coach Kight and the Lady Vikings!

Kenny Bixx Jr.
Waterboy

Post by Kenny Bixx Jr. »

whats going on up there? they go thru coachs like i go thru underwear. you dirty em up and toss them out. i say as long as the elastic dont break keep wearing them. so leave the coach alone

Maroon Shorts
Riding the Bench

Post by Maroon Shorts »

Coach Kight has been a fantastic assistant for a while and really he coached that team last year too. (He drew up the game winning play Tori Dixon made at Alexander last year.) He's going to improve this team. Coach N.J. Kight has way too much talent on his roster and way too much knowlage of the game of basketball to settle for sub-par another season. Great job to the lady Vikings as their season came to a close last night but, like others on this forum have stated and I agree, look for Coach Kight to lead the team to a T.V.C. championship next year and the next few years to come if he sticks by the program. As for the program going thru coaches like underwear...Coach Hale of last year's team stepped down off the helm to watch her younger daughter Xan Hale(Freshman) play basketball and support her. Xan is an excellent talent with a bright future ahead and she made some key plays for the team down the strech this season, mostly off the bench. In closing...Congrats to the lady Vikings there is much to be proud of this season and the next season to come. Go Vikes!

Run Bubba Run
Freshman Team

Post by Run Bubba Run »

I also congratulate Coach Kight and his Viking girls. I know they will be strong in the TVC next season. Good job coach and also to your team.

Maroon Shorts
Riding the Bench

Post by Maroon Shorts »

Run Bubba Run wrote:I also congratulate Coach Kight and his Viking girls. I know they will be strong in the TVC next season. Good job coach and also to your team.

Said it all there.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

nice job..N J

boy of summer
Freshman Team

Post by boy of summer »

NJ did a great job with this team. Congratulations to the two fine Lady Viking seniors in their future endeavors and best of luck to Coach Kight and the Lady Vikings next year!

Return to “Girls Basketball”