SOC 1-2 previews tonight

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

SOC 1-2 previews tonight

Post by ManitouDan »

ND plays Minford at 8;00 -- other matchups and eventually scores ?

bryanc45
JV Team

Re: SOC 1-2 previews tonight

Post by bryanc45 »

i was wondering when preview was. Not heard who oaks play.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

5 Clay vs Wheelersburg

5:40 Western Pike vs West

6:20 Green vs South Webster

7 Symmes Valley vs Northwest

7:40 Eastern Pike vs. Oak Hill

8:20 Notre Dame vs. Minford

9 New Boston vs. Waverly

9:40 East vs Valley is scheduled (probably someone else will fill Valley's spot so they can attend the playoff football game)

Any scores yet?

UUsokkr12
Riding the Bench

Post by UUsokkr12 »

Not sure on scores...

Wheelersburg over Clay by 10+......It is noticeable that Clay is missing a post presence in Hempill. Burg moved the ball well and had a very quick transition. Curley and Spriggs are going to need to be stronger on the ball and driving in the lane to get to the line as much as possible.

West over Western by 20+......Western had trouble getting the ball across midcourt. West's #22 is a strong player.

Webster over Green by 30+.......Webster was just way too much for Green. Green hadn't scored by the end of the first quarter.

Glad to see that the season is underway and Good Luck to all the teams this season!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Thanks UUsokkr12 for the scores! Valley led Bucyrus Wynford 27-0 in the first quarter, now at the half Valley 35-32!

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Any other results?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

ND over Minford something like 18-13 ...... ND looked decent , still need scoring from somewhere .
(other than arnzen)

Wavery over NB in a low scoring game.

bluedude62
Varsity

Post by bluedude62 »

Burg over Clay 30-17
West over Western 47-7
Webster over Green 23-5
Northwest overSymmes Valley 20-12
Oak Hill over Eastern 36-17 Best Game of the evening
Notre Dame over Minford 18-13
Waverly over New Boston 18-9
Clay over East 14-10 Valley Girls were at the FB game
Looks like Oak Hill is very strong again in SOC2 ( they dressed 19 players and they all played )
and Eastern should be there in SOC1.

UUsokkr12
Riding the Bench

Post by UUsokkr12 »

Clay's JV played East.

Webster scored more than 23...they were in the 30's after the first quarter when I left.

Oak Hill sounds like they're breeding nothing but basketball players in that area. Good luck to them this year as I'm sure they're pushing toward State again.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Even though Eastern lost by a comfortable margin to Oak Hill , I noticed plenty for the SOC1 to worry about. At one point near the 2nd quarter Eastern was only down something like 20-15 , in the 2nd they just ran out of gas. early in the year and no one around here applies pressure like the oaks. And Eastern was playing many new players on the varsity after losing 1000 point scorers (i believe) in Staker and Rowe.

Oak Hill shoots the three well. very well. they don't have a really big kid inside, the girl or two they have that does have some height are pretty thin. So if you can handle their press I think they can be abused inside , eventually , not in conference , but down the road towards regionals or state. MD

bluedude62
Varsity

Post by bluedude62 »

No programs were provided at the previews. SAD...The scorekeeper at the previews was lax in keeping score. Twice I saw points scored that weren't even posted. The Webster score was 23-0 at the end of the first qtr. Then at the end of the game a 23-5 score was shown. Anyway they won. Game one- Burg over Clay with the Schimdt girl doing the damage. Burg didn't sub much..
Game two-West all over Western. West blocked the passing lanes well. Starters played half the game.
Game three-Webster over green. Starters played one qtr. Hanes played well inside. Didn't see the Sullivan girl play but her number was given. Heard she was injured during VB.
Game four- NW over Symmes Valley. At least one freshman and one soph. start for NW.
Game five-Oak Hill will win SOC2. STRONG TEAM. Three players that can hit tre's. Hale and Butler are a force. Eastern only had 4 subs on the bench but looked good.
Game six- Notre Dame over Minford.ND had the Monroe girl quit which may hurt them down the road. Minford didn't score until there was 46 sec left in the first qtr.
Game seven-Waverly over New Boston. Roback did the scoring for Waverly. New Boston is scrappy and could be a surprise.
Game eight- Clay JV over East. East has some young players coming ,but it's going to be a long season.

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

bluedude62 wrote:No programs were provided at the previews. SAD...The scorekeeper at the previews was lax in keeping score. Twice I saw points scored that weren't even posted. The Webster score was 23-0 at the end of the first qtr. Then at the end of the game a 23-5 score was shown. Anyway they won. Game one- Burg over Clay with the Schimdt girl doing the damage. Burg didn't sub much..
Game two-West all over Western. West blocked the passing lanes well. Starters played half the game.
Game three-Webster over green. Starters played one qtr. Hanes played well inside. Didn't see the Sullivan girl play but her number was given. Heard she was injured during VB.
Game four- NW over Symmes Valley. At least one freshman and one soph. start for NW.
Game five-Oak Hill will win SOC2. STRONG TEAM. Three players that can hit tre's. Hale and Butler are a force. Eastern only had 4 subs on the bench but looked good.
Game six- Notre Dame over Minford.ND had the Monroe girl quit which may hurt them down the road. Minford didn't score until there was 46 sec left in the first qtr.
Game seven-Waverly over New Boston. Roback did the scoring for Waverly. New Boston is scrappy and could be a surprise.
Game eight- Clay JV over East. East has some young players coming ,but it's going to be a long season.
How did Brewster do for Waverly?

teamworkwins
Riding the Bench

Post by teamworkwins »

bluedude62 wrote:No programs were provided at the previews. SAD...The scorekeeper at the previews was lax in keeping score. Twice I saw points scored that weren't even posted. The Webster score was 23-0 at the end of the first qtr. Then at the end of the game a 23-5 score was shown. Anyway they won. Game one- Burg over Clay with the Schimdt girl doing the damage. Burg didn't sub much..
West may give Oak Hill some problems if they can handle the press. Burg will finish near the top also, Schmidt very nice player. Webster may be the biggest surprise in SOC2. Waverly not very deep, Brewster very nice player, Roback couldn't miss. Minford and NW looked young will improve as season goes on. With teams subbing freely, hard to tell what kind of team each has until the real games start. Good Luck to all.

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

Is Wiget playing this year for Waverly? She was impressive last year as a JV.I agree not much depth.

socvwatcher#1
Freshman Team

Post by socvwatcher#1 »

I saw Wiget on the floor Friday. She did not start, but played most of time up top. Her defence seems solid. Brewster had an off night. She handled the ball well, but did not have the shooting finesse as in the past. I think both players will showing better in future games.

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

Who else played for Waverly? Fisher? Purnell?

Ryanexpress
Varsity
Location: Being yelled at by hundreds of fans on any given night

Post by Ryanexpress »

Spoke with Easterns coach before their game and he said that he had only had the girls in practice for five days due to their nice run in the volleyball tourney...So I would think that they will only get better....I grew up as well as played ball with coach King & with his knowledge of the game I can see a really bright future for that program.

Return to “Girls Basketball”