Division IV District Semi-Final (Jackson)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Division IV District Semi-Final (Jackson)

Post by 93Bulldog »

ManitouDan wrote:baller just needs to drop the trash talk. They prob can but no need to poor mouth Clay and ND in the process .
I wouldn't pay much attention to the post MD - its probably a youngster.

Most Eastern/Waterford folks are pretty good fans and pretty good people in general - you won't hear that kind of talk coming from the parents, players or coaches of the teams.

Shazbot
Freshman Team

Post by Shazbot »

Based upon Baller13's previous 3 posts he/she is a Beaver Eastern/Eastern Pike supporter.

supermama
Freshman Team

Post by supermama »

There have been several D1 scouts in the Eastern Reedsville gym this year.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

supermama wrote:Yes, when I was in school, we always played Eastern Pike which I think is Beaver Eastern? But, Eastern Brown is a whole different school?! I never knew that. BTW thanks Bulldog for all the work on the TVC site and is there any way to tag the Facebook pictures you post. I haven't figured that out yet.
You should be able to TAG any photos on the facebook page - just like you would any other picture. Click on the photo - you will see a 'Tag Photo' icon somewhere around the pic - click on it ... Then you put your cursor over a persons face and click again ... A white box will appear around the persons face and it will ask you to type in the name of the person ... That's pretty much it.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Sorry supermama ... I just checked and I had to change the settings so TAGGING could be possible on the trivalleyconference.com facebook page ... You should be able to do it now.

supermama
Freshman Team

Post by supermama »

93Bulldog wrote:Sorry supermama ... I just checked and I had to change the settings so TAGGING could be possible on the trivalleyconference.com facebook page ... You should be able to do it now.
Thanks!

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

ManitouDan wrote:Eastern have any D-1 type recruits ?
yes jenna burdette-she plays w/stapleton on the w.v.thunder aau basketball team-shes def as good a guard as u will find anywhere else. shes on the same level as mychal johnson who plays for stjoe(hunt)who also plays for w.v.thunder.i personaly love watching this kid play shes dangerous from anywhere on the crt and can take a game over.plus shes an outstanding young lady as well:-)

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

thanks for the info. I had heard they have a high level player

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Parker and swatzel are no slouches either

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Burdette, Parker, Swatzel and Kellar are all good players - but the impresive thing is - they are ALL FOUR sophomores.

supermama
Freshman Team

Post by supermama »

93Bulldog wrote:Burdette, Parker, Swatzel and Kellar are all good players - but the impresive thing is - they are ALL FOUR sophomores.
And these four girls along with Rigsby, who gives great minutes off the bench and is also a sophomore, have been at Eastern since kindergarten.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Very seldom do u see a class with 5 good players go all the way through the same school system like that

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

Burdette is a D1 recruit as a sophomore.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

supermama wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:Burdette, Parker, Swatzel and Kellar are all good players - but the impresive thing is - they are ALL FOUR sophomores.
And these four girls along with Rigsby, who gives great minutes off the bench and is also a sophomore, have been at Eastern since kindergarten.
I know these girls are young - and very talented - but what I would like to see out of them is a little more aggression ... It will probably come with experience, which leads to more confidense - but the time is now if they want to win the district and make some noise in the regionals. Last season, Emeri had that 'killer' instinct and was very aggressive with and without the ball - on offense and on defense ... It gave the Lady Eagles that edge over Waterford and the results speak for itself ... I see that same kind of play out of Emily Brown of Waterford this year, who just like Emeri is a senior ... For the young Eastern Lady Eagles to win Saturday and possbily win a match-up with Waterford (If the 'Cats win their game versus Clay) - they're going to have to STEP UP, BE AGGRESSIVE and MATCH WATERFORD'S INTENSITY.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

now that So Gallia is not around to pull the upset again I guess the path is crystal clear to a waterford-eastern meigs reedsville rematch --- JK MD

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

ManitouDan, are you going to the game?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

yeah why ?

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

Work keeps me from going but it would have been nice to have met you.

ssbball
Freshman Team

Post by ssbball »

ohst#1 wrote:
ManitouDan wrote:Eastern have any D-1 type recruits ?
yes jenna burdette-she plays w/stapleton on the w.v.thunder aau basketball team-shes def as good a guard as u will find anywhere else. shes on the same level as mychal johnson who plays for stjoe(hunt)who also plays for w.v.thunder.i personaly love watching this kid play shes dangerous from anywhere on the crt and can take a game over.plus shes an outstanding young lady as well:-)

I will back that statement, she is a very nice young lady. Tremendous competitor as well. Her dad, the Head Coach is a great guy and coach too.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Three days until tip-off ...

It cracks me up - as much boys basketball stuff as I do (attending three games a week at least) - I think I am most excited about a Division IV girls basketball tournament ... lol ... I know it makes all my friends - and fellow boys basketball fans that I chat with regularly - laugh ... They make fun of me at least once a day I think.

I can't really explain why - cause I usually don't like to venture out and take in a lot of girls games - but watching the Eastern OR Waterford girls play seems a lot different ... They are more fun to watch, the games are more exciting, etc... etc ... If and when I ever figure out why - I'll be sure to post the answer ... lol

Return to “Girls Basketball”