Miami Trace 35 Fairfield Union 19

mray23
All Conference

Miami Trace 35 Fairfield Union 19

Post by mray23 »

Miami Trace's defense held Fairfield Union to about 20% and killed them on the boards

Smeltzy
Varsity

Re: Miami Trace 35 Fairfield Union 19

Post by Smeltzy »

19 pts!!! That's embarrassing for FU. Don t go off, cause I m an FU alum saying that. Great season but that's a sad ending for an 18 - 2 team. Guess they were right about the MSL being down this year. FU will be back next year only losing one Senior starter.

Sorry, go read my later post and that explains what I was really trying to say the first time. I was not trying to put anyone down just disappointed for the girls after a GREAT season. I support all FU sports fully. I apologize for the misunderstanding.
Last edited by Smeltzy on Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Up next for Trace is Warren.

Sounds like this will be quite the challenge for the Warriors?

Falcon Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Falcon Fan »

Nice Smeltzy girls go out and work their tails off and they get that type of support. Good to see that you have their backs guess you only support the wins. Miami Trace has done that to a lot of teams over the years once they get the lead in the 2nd half they are extremely patient and don't make a lot of mistakes. Biggest issue was rebounding would haave kept the game tighter if we could have rebounded better. Great season Lady Falcons, thanks for the great leadership Jenny and Kelsey. Returners get healthy and work your tails off in the offseason. The bar has been set now let's move it higher. Good luck to Miami Trace should be a great game against Warren.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

As an Athens coach, I am really impressed with any team that can hold FU to 19 points. You could have won a lot of money off me (If I was a betting man)

friendoftheprogram
Freshman Team

Post by friendoftheprogram »

Stats as I had them while doing play-by-play:

Fairfield Union:
Wyeth - FG 1-3, 3's 1-4, FT 1-1 PTS 6
Voris - FG 0-0, 3's 1-7, FT 0-0 PTS 3
Philips - FG 2-3, 3's 0-0, FT 0-0 PTS 4
Marshall - FG 0-0, 3's 1-3, FT 0-0 PTS 3
Glaze - FG 0-2, 3's 0-0, FT 1-2 PTS 1
Hanna - FG 0-3, 3's 0-0, FT 2-3 PTS 2
TEAM - FG 3-14 (21%), 3's 3-16(19%), FT 4-6(67%) TURNOVERS=19

MIAMI TRACE
Cobb - FG 0-6, 3's 2-6, FT 4-4 PTS 10
McKay - FG 2-7, 3's 0-3, FT 0-0 PTS 4
Mabra - FG 4-5, 3's 0-0, FT 0-0 PTS 8
Schwenk - FG 2-5, 3's 0-0 FT 3-3 PTS 7
Reisinger - FG 3-6, 3's 0-0. FT 0-0 PTS 6
TEAM - FG 11-29(38%), 3's 2-9(22%), FT 7-7(100%) TURNOVERS 18

SCORE BY QUARTER
1st - MT 5, FU 6
2nd - MT 18, FU9
3rd - MT 27, FU16
4th - MT 35, FU 19

falcons26
Waterboy

Post by falcons26 »

Smeltzy wrote:19 pts!!! That's embarrassing for FU. Don t go off, cause I m an FU alum saying that. Great season but that's a sad ending for an 18 - 2 team. Guess they were right about the MSL being down this year. FU will be back next year only losing one Senior starter.
Wow, with fans like you who needs enemies! These girls worked their butts off this season. To get on here and belittle their hard work and the rewards they've earned is pitiful. This team OVER achieved considering most people had them finishing in the bottom four of our league. They've overcome some MAJOR surgeries, worked hard in practice, came together as a team and WON the MSL Buckeye division championship. I want you to go to those girls and tell them, to their faces, that they're an embarrassment. It's too easy for you sitting behind that computer. BTW, I'm Kyleigh Wyeth's mom, come see me.

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

People, people. Read the post again! I did say that they had a GREAT season and that they will be back next year. All I meant was that it was a shame that it had to end that way with that low of score which makes it look bad in the District. FU is always struggling to get respect in this District and all I meant was that the outsiders will look at that and just say that we were overrated.
No disrepect meant, just go back and re-read the post. I support the FU sports programs fully.

Falcon Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Falcon Fan »

Then don't use the word embarassing these girls did nothing to embarass the school district. The only thing embarassing is a grown man sitting at a computer bashing kids for giving great effort, and I am Courtney Hanna's dad you can come see me too.

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Again, Not trying to "bash" the kids, just used a bad choice of words. I know they have overachieved this year and am proud of them for that. Just a bad choice of words. My apologies to anyone I upset. I get reports from others so I shouldn`t post anything that I don`t know to be true. Again, sorry. The girls should be awesome next year and am looking forward to try and catch a game if I can.

falcon20mom
Waterboy

Post by falcon20mom »

I was so disturbed by the "FU Fan", Smeltzy, that I had to open an account and voice my opinion. I'm sorry Sir, but you are an idiot. You have no idea what these girls have been thru this year. I can personally tell you that my daughter came home and had to take pain medicine almost after every game to help dull the pain from her injuries. Her along with every other girl on this team played their hearts out all season. You should really refrain from commenting about things you know nothing about. You Sir, are the embarrassment to our school district, NOT THE GIRLS!!!!!!! As for next year, I would rather not have someone like you going to my daughters game next year, sitting in the stands "supporting" them. By the way, I'm Courtney Hanna's mom, and you can come see me too!!!!!!!!!!!

GO LADY FALCONS!!!!!!!

falcon20mom
Waterboy

Post by falcon20mom »

There was another "FU Fan" that bashed our football team during their season, maybe you know him. It must be really sad sitting around your home putting down these young athletes. What a joke. You are the embarrassment to our district not these young girls. As for next year, please just stay away because the true FU FANS would rather not have you sitting in the stands supporting the girls.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

parents really really should stay off forums. Its never a good thing. I can understand being upset with something you see, but reacting to it is the worst thing you can do. As someone who coached at Fu for 9 years. I can tell you parents are becoming WAY too involved with their kids and their sport. Fu shot 20% in this game, you cant win games shooting like that. BUT, it happens , when you go to the se distrcit seedings, you are always on the backburner. FU would need to be 20-0 to really get respect of the other SE teams. Plus, most of them play in the same league so they vote for each other...it gets messy, ive been to them! But in the end i dont think any Fu fan is a bad fan. All of us are proud of the girls and their season. I too am critical of them sometimes, thats what fans do.. Its an opinion and this board is about opinions. Now i cant really criticize them these days, because i live 6000 miles away and dont get to watch. Luckily though i get good info from multiple people on how things are going. Im super proud of Ky this year. That girl has had some high expectations and then her injury. But she stayed the course and had a really great year. Proud of you kid!

as for the football team.......when you go 0-10 for the first time in history, that is embarrassing.....saying anything less means you are probably either one of two things 1) a parent of a team member or 2) a mccurdy family member. im sure the boys worked their butts off, and they should be commended for that..but 0-10 for the first time ever is embarrassing. THATS NOT A PUTDOWN OF THE TEAM!
speaking of the football team...hope they are ready for a change, because big, BIG ones are coming and it will be for the better. Coach bahen is an awesome coach, better person!!

starts bring back memories for me.. how about you falcon26??

Go falcons!!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

I really don't recall anyone picking FU for the bottom half of the league. Most folks had them in the top three going into the season. They did have a good season and overachieved to beat out preseason favorite TV to get the title, so they deserve props for that. As for Smeltzy's post, I'd ask for the FU faithful to give him a mulligan, because Smeltzy has been a long-time supporter of FU. I can understand, especially with all of the injuries to the girls over the last few years and the perseverance through them, that the post would rub the wrong way, but there has been an apology for it. Sometimes we are guilty of forgetting we are not talking about pro or even college athletes, we are talking about high school athletes. I always try to take a positive outlook, but I know at times I've said things that were not how I wanted to say them.

Falcon Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Falcon Fan »

I disagree that parents should not be on these boards without parent involvement ther would not be very much traffic on these boards and as a parent I think it is fair to monitor what is being said about your child.

I disagree that the parents are to involved. The parents were the ones who were at the game and understood that Miami Trace was the better team. The people at the game understand that the girls did not shoot 20% because of a bad night but because Miami Trace's defense was that good.

The parents are not the one's on here screaming about a lack of respect in the District. Respect is to be earned not given. Fairfield Union needs to start scheduling some Southeast District Teams and then winning some of those games to earn that respect.

Parents did respond emotionally to Smeltzy but Smeltzy responed emotionally to the game. We need to remeber these are High School athletes not professional we need to applaud there commitment.

Smeltzy is a good guy and I accept his apology I didn't state my name as a threat I stated it because I have a pretty good idea who he is and I wanted to let him know who was responding to him.

I monitor these boards a lot but rarely post like bman I try to stay positive when I post because all kids that make a commitment to a sport deserve praise no matter what the result as long as they are giving their best effort.

Now to the girls, what a great season. I think everyone thought that it would be a 3 team race but with all the injuries most people had FU at the bottom of the 3. This was a season that was about toughness and compete level not talent. I think the best compliment the girls received al season was from the Teays Valley coached mentioned those things in an article in the Circleville paper.

Hopefully the girls will have a healthy off season and work to defend their title and make a run in the tournament. Teays Valley and Logan Elm will both be good again and some of the other teams that were very young this year will be much better. The District will be loaded as well so these goals will not be easy to achieve but I know that these girls will work at it and give it their all and for that I will applaud them.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

FU has trouble getting its due in that sectional, because they are the only MSL school there. Going 18-2 and being seeded fourth was not right in my view. As for scheduling, I'd play a blend of Central and Southeast teams to get ready and see some different styles. Probably three Central and five Southeast under the new non-league scheduling.

Return to “Girls Basketball”