Portsmouth Clay

UUsokkr12
Riding the Bench

Portsmouth Clay

Post by UUsokkr12 »

Congrats Lady Panthers on a hard faught season! These girls overcame several issues this season and still were able to play very well!

Looking forward to next season, but not sure how they will fare without possibly having Curley at the helm..

Congrats again on a great season!!

ARCH NEMESIS
Waterboy

Re: Portsmouth Clay

Post by ARCH NEMESIS »

Unforced turnovers really killed the Lady Panthers today. They got off to a real slow start, but I was proud of the way they stepped up and outplayed Waterford in the second quarter, especially with senior Jordan Jenkins on the bench after rolling her ankle this week and being unable to play. Still, you've got to play all four quarters that way to beat a team that fundamentally sound. Congratulations to coach Castle on another good seaon, and hats off to outgoing seniors Emily Spriggs, Jordan Stewart, Jenkins, and Tayler Carter. BRING ON SOFTBALL SEASON!!! GO PANTHERS!!!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

whats possibly going on with Curley ?

UUsokkr12
Riding the Bench

Post by UUsokkr12 »

There's the possibility that she could leave to find a better team and coach not just for basketball, but for soccer as well. She plays club soccer and a lot of her teammates are from the Chillicothe area. I know that their family is not happy with the soccer situation at Clay and wasn't too excited about her playing for Castle again this past season. Only time will tell with what her decison will be.

UUsokkr12
Riding the Bench

Post by UUsokkr12 »

Let me restate..they're looking for the best school to give her the best chances to succeed in both soccer and basketball and Clay may not be that. This is just some discussions that have come up.

ARCH NEMESIS
Waterboy

Post by ARCH NEMESIS »

Wouldn't she have to move into another district or else be required to sit out a year? I just don't see her doing that. I've heard she prefers soccer over basketball, and I know nothing about Clay's soccer program, but Clay's GBB team has some good players coming up. With Whitley returning, Redding and Widdowson getting a lot of experience this year, and Lexie Gilliland bringing some height and shooting ability inside, I think she would be wise to stay at Clay. Just my opinion.

Return to “Girls Basketball”