Oak Hill vs Africentric

Vladd
Freshman Team

Re: Oak Hill vs Africentric

Post by Vladd »

Like SteelyDan has already posted, a bounce here or there and the Oaks would be on there way to Columbus. I really enjoyed watching the game with you and your daughter today. Look forward to many more games with you anywhere in any sport. Enjoyed you thoughts and and insight.

I think these seniors are 95-8 playing in their 4 years and hope MightyOaksFan can verify this. They all have been so fun to watch and always handled themselves with class.No I in these girls or for that matter anyone on the team. They won as a team and lost as a team. What they have learned in the last 4 years goes way beyond just playing on a successful team. They will cherish these last 4 years and memories of their team mates for the rest of their lives. For the seniors it is not the end, just the beginning. For the underclass girls work hard and get back to the Convo.

I did run into some parents of the Nubians girls and they had nothing but praise to say about the girls and the huge fan following they have. They had high praise for Coach hale and the way he handled himself as well as all the girls. They said they knew the game could have gone either way and were lucky to get the win. It speaks volume to all the fans and community when an opponent can see how you all get behind and support your programs. Good luck to all the 2011-2012 Lady Oaks. You have nothing to hang your heads about. The scoreboard said you lost, but you all are still winners no matter what.

dream_crusher80
Riding the Bench

Post by dream_crusher80 »

Vlad III the Impaler wrote:Like SteelyDan has already posted, a bounce here or there and the Oaks would be on there way to Columbus. I really enjoyed watching the game with you and your daughter today. Look forward to many more games with you anywhere in any sport. Enjoyed you thoughts and and insight.

I think these seniors are 95-8 playing in their 4 years and hope MightyOaksFan can verify this. They all have been so fun to watch and always handled themselves with class.No I in these girls or for that matter anyone on the team. They won as a team and lost as a team. What they have learned in the last 4 years goes way beyond just playing on a successful team. They will cherish these last 4 years and memories of their team mates for the rest of their lives. For the seniors it is not the end, just the beginning. For the underclass girls work hard and get back to the Convo.

I did run into some parents of the Nubians girls and they had nothing but praise to say about the girls and the huge fan following they have. They had high praise for Coach hale and the way he handled himself as well as all the girls. They said they knew the game could have gone either way and were lucky to get the win. It speaks volume to all the fans and community when an opponent can see how you all get behind and support your programs. Good luck to all the 2011-2012 Lady Oaks. You have nothing to hang your heads about. The scoreboard said you lost, but you all are still winners no matter what.
Well said! I have only watched the Lady Oaks a few times since moving into the area and each time they were gracious in victory as well as defeat. The fan base they have is nothing short of amazing. U can certainly tell that their kids are very very very important to them. To the 3 seniors Taylor Hale, Breanna Butler and Lakin Caudill, good luck at the next level if you chose top play and any team would be blessed to have you. To the rtest of the Lady Oaks, keep ur heads high, work hard in the off season and come back stronger than ever.

GLO
Waterboy

Post by GLO »

I would like to congratulate the Lady Oaks Basketball team on a tremendous season! This team has been amazing and so fun to watch. I have not been to one game that each girl on the floor have not given 110 percent. So after saying this, I would to like to say good luck to the three seniors, but after reading this forum, I would like to remind everyone that a team consists of five players and I felt the underclassmen were great as well. I have watched Roseberry,Kuhn, Adkins and Haislop play from junior high and as I have coached against them I can say all four can shoot the three, drive in the lane, rebound and play defense. The Lady Oaks will be great for a years to come!

I would also like to congratulate the fan base of the Lady Oaks Basketball team, few girls basketball teams have the following that Oak Hill has. I have never been to a game where someone was rude but they will let the refrees know if they did not like a call! Ha

So the following statement isn't to ruffle feathers, this is just my opinion! I have watched several games that the Lady Oaks have played and I think if OH would have spread the scoring around instead of running plays only for the three seniors it would have opened more stuff up for their offense, not only in this game but others as well. Now I am not taking anything away from the amazing seniors, but as a coach, if I only have to worry about three players shooting then why would I guard the other two? I seen on several occasions during tournament where Roseberry and Haislop had open looks at the basket, even heard people say shoot it!, but someone in the crowd said "she isn't allowed!" As a coach, I can never remember telling a player to pass up a open, good shot especially like I said previously that they all can shoot the ball.If you do not build each players confidence during the season, what happens when you need that player to score? Again this is just my opinion!

Again Congratulations to the Lady Oaks, Coaches and Fans on a great season!!!

DragonFan
Freshman Team

Post by DragonFan »

Congratulations Lady Oaks on a fine season! Your team was always exciting to watch this year. A great team with a great coach. Again Congrats on an amazing season!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Congrats to the Oaks on all the success you brought to your school and community . talent plus hard work and sacrifice = SUCCESS . and you guys did it. MD

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

Great season, fun to watch and good luck to the departing seniors.

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

Great season lady oaks. great career for our 3 seniors.

Return to “Girls Basketball”