Waterboy

COACHING POSITIONS POSTED

Post by Fhs123 »

JUST SEEN WERE FEDERAL HOCKING GIRLS JOB HAS BEEN POSTED

Steely Dan
SEOP

Re: COACHING POSITIONS POSTED

Post by Steely Dan »

They are one year contracts. They have to be posted every year.

Oh, and from a girl's coaches standpoint in the TVC, here's the only important news so far. Alexander girl's coaching position is open, the incumbent is not returning from what I've been told. Meigs girl's coaching job is open as well.
That is news.

Birdman
Riding the Bench

Post by Birdman »

Steely Dan is the Alex coach not coming back or is the job just posted? Talked to him at the convo during tournaments and he didn't act like he wasn't going to coach. He said the girls were just learning how to work hard and thought they would be good next year and really good in 2 years. Wish him the beat of luck if he doesn't come back. He is a great person when you get to know him.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

birdman - I do know him and hope that he's coming back. Just heard that the position was "open", as of today.

goinbroke
Riding the Bench

Post by goinbroke »

Alexander position is open. His contract was not renewed. Very good coach. I'm sure he'll land a job elsewhere and be successful with the right backing from administration, players, and parents.

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

The Southeastern High School coach has stepped down this week also.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

GoinBroke wrote:Alexander position is open. His contract was not renewed. Very good coach. I'm sure he'll land a job elsewhere and be successful with the right backing from administration, players, and parents.
Ridiculous if he was non-renewed.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

MightyOaksFan wrote:
GoinBroke wrote:Alexander position is open. His contract was not renewed. Very good coach. I'm sure he'll land a job elsewhere and be successful with the right backing from administration, players, and parents.
If memory serves me right, there was quite a bit of controversy about Coach Guthrie a year or so ago with the parents. They went to the board and they wanted him gone, because of how he was coaching. This may have finally manifested itself and the board decided it was time to move on, especially considering the attrition that occurred with the girl's team last fall, from the start of the season, to ending up with seven girls on the varsity team and no JV team. Just something to think about.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

Steely Dan wrote:
MightyOaksFan wrote:
If memory serves me right, there was quite a bit of controversy about Coach Guthrie a year or so ago with the parents. They went to the board and they wanted him gone, because of how he was coaching. This may have finally manifested itself and the board decided it was time to move on, especially considering the attrition that occurred with the girl's team last fall, from the start of the season, to ending up with seven girls on the varsity team and no JV team. Just something to think about.
Those same poeple didn't have any problems with his style when they were winning championships and going to the final four. He will be missed and while numbers may go back up the level of play will not be there for some time. Coach did a good job.
Parents and kids today need to learn some hard lessons fast. To many expect to get their way. Sure hope it works that way for you in the real world.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

The loss of Coach Guthrie at Alex is a crime . Good guy ,great coach that has done good things for that school. He will be missed !!! Not sure about the statement that he wasn't Renewed, I pretty sure you have to apply before you can be turned down or not renewed. Wish him well

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Main Man wrote:The Southeastern High School coach has stepped down this week also.

What kind of team (record/experience) did SE have this past year?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

The Wizard wrote:
Steely Dan wrote:[quote="MightyOaksFan"

Those same poeple didn't have any problems with his style when they were winning championships and going to the final four. He will be missed and while numbers may go back up the level of play will not be there for some time. Coach did a good job.
Parents and kids today need to learn some hard lessons fast. To many expect to get their way. Sure hope it works that way for you in the real world.[/quote]

Works for who Wizard? I have nothing to do with that program, never have. Just recounting what occurred with those who were/are involved with that program. I never called for a coach's head when my kids were playing HS sports at Fed Hock.
You might want to be a little more diligent in how you word things, since you may have unintentionally directed an unwarranted insult at me.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

Steely Dan
Sorry if I did, it wasn't meant that way. I was refering to the parents/complainers that try to make sure little Sally gets everything she/they deserves. It was meant to suggest that it doesn't work that way in real life so what are they teaching them now.

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

jimmy chipwood wrote:
Main Man wrote:The Southeastern High School coach has stepped down this week also.

What kind of team (record/experience) did SE have this past year?
Graduated 2 Seniors 1 Started I think.
They won like 7 or 8 games.
Return 3 leading scorers from last year, very young team.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

The Wizard wrote:Steely Dan
Sorry if I did, it wasn't meant that way. I was refering to the parents/complainers that try to make sure little Sally gets everything she/they deserves. It was meant to suggest that it doesn't work that way in real life so what are they teaching them now.

No problem, just wanted to make sure that it was directed at me. And actually, I wholeheartedly agree with you!!!!!! 8)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think Coach Allen has resigned from coaching Jackson. I believe Jackson has one of their top players moving out of state and a talented young bench player only playing AAU.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Hard to believe Ironman92.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Why? She just had her first baby a few weeks ago.

Cuzin Eddie
Waterboy

Post by Cuzin Eddie »

So what jobs does that leave open?

Meigs
Fed Hock?
Southeastern
Rock Hill
Jackson
Alex

bleedingmarauder
Waterboy

Post by bleedingmarauder »

Meigs is planning on hiring a woman who has an under two year old and is preqnent now! How can she have any summer programs or even coach the beginning of the season just after having a baby? Besides that why would she want to? Not much thinking ahead at Meigs.

Return to “Girls Basketball”