2012-13 Logan Lady Chiefs

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2012-13 Logan Lady Chiefs

Post by noreply66 »

frog wrote:Can anyone post all the wins/losses for the SEOAL teams? I don't recall seeing any of those as of late.
Thanks
Jackson..........9.....1..........21.....1
Warren..........9.....1..........13.....8*
Logan............5.....5..........8.....13*
Gallipolis........3.....6..........6.....14
Chillicothe......2.....7..........6.....14*
Portsmouth......1.....9..........7.....14

* counts 02/11/13
Last edited by noreply66 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

Logan JV wins in OT over Athens. Logan Varsity 50 Athens 60.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

Girls VInton Coutny game has been cancelled for tonight. Probably will not be played. Logan plays at Zanesville this Saturday in the opening round of the tourney starting at 2:00 PM.

bobcat43138
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcat43138 »

Just wanted to chime in on the girls basketball program.It seems to me the girls have no chemistry between them.It is very very obvious that they do not respect their coach.I don't know whose fault that is.But there is alot of me on this team instead of team play.Also,I see some of these parents of the girls coaching their kids on the floor during the game.Come on Coach Walsh step up and put these parents in their place.They are not your friends believe me.There are a couple of freshmen that do not belong on this team.I know I am going to get alot of criticism about that remark.But the last game I attended I saw the point guard throw the ball away on 4 out of 6 possessions.She was not taken out but left in the game and continued either turning the ball over or making horrible passes.I realize she is just a freshman and she is very talented but I think a year on the jayvee team would have benefitted her and the team more than just throwing her out to the wolves in varsity competition.I really don't see this team getting a whole lot better until Coach Walsh reels in the reins on these girls and demand the respect he deserves and let them know this is a team sport.Thank You for letting me express my opinion and Go Chiefs.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

bobcat43138 wrote:Just wanted to chime in on the girls basketball program.It seems to me the girls have no chemistry between them.It is very very obvious that they do not respect their coach.I don't know whose fault that is.But there is alot of me on this team instead of team play.Also,I see some of these parents of the girls coaching their kids on the floor during the game.Come on Coach Walsh step up and put these parents in their place.They are not your friends believe me.There are a couple of freshmen that do not belong on this team.I know I am going to get alot of criticism about that remark.But the last game I attended I saw the point guard throw the ball away on 4 out of 6 possessions.She was not taken out but left in the game and continued either turning the ball over or making horrible passes.I realize she is just a freshman and she is very talented but I think a year on the jayvee team would have benefitted her and the team more than just throwing her out to the wolves in varsity competition.I really don't see this team getting a whole lot better until Coach Walsh reels in the reins on these girls and demand the respect he deserves and let them know this is a team sport.Thank You for letting me express my opinion and Go Chiefs.
Get a life! Your soul purpose of being on here is to hide under a handle and bash a coach and kids. Grow a pair!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Nice young and talented team. With the youth Logan had they play as a young team at times but you can see the cream coming to the top with these girl. Going to be a lot of Ws on the board for the Lady Chiefs.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

Logan Varsity 37 Zanesville 70. At one time the score was 30 -4. No one gave up. The coach is still coaching. Not throwing a hissy as I have seen many coaches do.

IMO I envisioned a .500 season. Fell short of that but my expectations were pretty objective. I expect the players and coaches were frustrated as were the parents. Armchair coaching is a given. The previous post by Bobcat is an example of same. Dealing with personalities , attitudes of players and parents is IMO a large part of the coaching expereince. I have personally witnessed all but two of Coach Walshs's basketball games during his tenure as Logan's head coach and regard him as being dedicated to the players and his position. Good luck to the coaches and players in the coming year.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

bobcat43138 wrote:Just wanted to chime in on the girls basketball program.It seems to me the girls have no chemistry between them.It is very very obvious that they do not respect their coach.I don't know whose fault that is.But there is alot of me on this team instead of team play.Also,I see some of these parents of the girls coaching their kids on the floor during the game.Come on Coach Walsh step up and put these parents in their place.They are not your friends believe me.There are a couple of freshmen that do not belong on this team.I know I am going to get alot of criticism about that remark.But the last game I attended I saw the point guard throw the ball away on 4 out of 6 possessions.She was not taken out but left in the game and continued either turning the ball over or making horrible passes.I realize she is just a freshman and she is very talented but I think a year on the jayvee team would have benefitted her and the team more than just throwing her out to the wolves in varsity competition.I really don't see this team getting a whole lot better until Coach Walsh reels in the reins on these girls and demand the respect he deserves and let them know this is a team sport.Thank You for letting me express my opinion and Go Chiefs.
I HAVE A PAIR! This person is 100% correct!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

With a young team the chemistry is thrown off to a point playing against good varsity players,[even if you have played together for a few years. Remember most varsity teams have played together as varsity players and that gives them the advantage over a young varsity team.
I don't think the girl don't respect Coach Walsh. Being young and not winning can look like a lot of things. What people are saying about our young team now was probably the same thing people were saying in Jackson four years ago. I saw Logan play against those young Jackson girls then. Logan handles them but you could see the Jackson girls had talent and it ran through your mind then--how good they would be if they stayed together. Logan needed a little more senior leadership and from what I hear some decided not to go out because of the young talent. If you are into basketball you will stay with it. Anyone in their right mind would know the young girls would struggle at times and this is when the seniors would be there to help. The two that did play should hold their heads high because they had it in them to stay with things.

The Logan girls program is in fine hands and the ones that thing different should just be looked over.

GO LADY CHIEFS

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I wouldn't say the Logan girls handled them. When our core group were freshman it was a tight back and forth game and in Jackson you guys won on a 25 foot bank shot at the buzzer.

As for PG being on JV for a year....lol In the two games I saw here against a 22-1 Jackson team she was the 3rd best player in the first game and she was their best player at Jackson. Recommending her for JV is just sour grapes.

SPG9
Waterboy

Post by SPG9 »

moonshine wrote:
I HAVE A PAIR! This person is 100% correct!

Now that is funny. They same person who criticizes everything behind a screen name says he has a pair. Better run to the mods because someone upset you.

Return to “Girls Basketball”