How will the S.E.O.A.L. stack this year?

old-timer
Freshman Team

How will the S.E.O.A.L. stack this year?

Post by old-timer »

I know how it finished last year, curious if there is any teams they could find themselves having a big turn around from last season? Hope the league has nice depth this season. What are your thoughts? Who is returning for your team? How should your team be?

md2020
Varsity

Re: How will the S.E.O.A.L. stack this year?

Post by md2020 »

IMO the Logan Lady Chiefs will be a more rounded team this year. Maybe one year away from being the frontrunner in the league. They will compete this year.

hiabuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by hiabuckeye »

Very competitive last year ans should be again this year. Warren lost two great players in Alli Grace Proctor and Kasey White.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson is in Columbus this weekend...just scrimmaged Dublin Scioto for 8 quarters and lost by 7.

I believe they'll be scrimmaging Central Crossing as well.

Really challenging scrimmages.

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

Believe Jackson will be the front runner for the next couple of years in the SEOAL, Poe and Rideout are only juniors. Two good pieces to build around

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

jeepnow wrote:Believe Jackson will be the front runner for the next couple of years in the SEOAL, Poe and Rideout are only juniors. Two good pieces to build around
Poe and Ridout were pieces to build around the past two years as well. A ton of talent on this team but will be without Chapman and Harless from last year....

They were pretty good favorites last year as well.

They had the most wins in school history last year but didn't win the league or the sectional....they should be hungry under first year head coach Matt Walburn.

I believe they defeated Huntington (WV) over the summer and also beat Central Crossing in yesterday's scrimmage.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

I know C.C. high school is pretty new, we've played there several times also, but have never played the comets. I know there football ball team is very
weak to be div.1 but hows the girls basketball?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I believe they have some very athletic players that you don't see much around here.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

md2020 wrote:IMO the Logan Lady Chiefs will be a more rounded team this year. Maybe one year away from being the frontrunner in the league. They will compete this year.

i agree 2020. i also think they are a year away. but i do think they are going to really push some teams this year.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Ironman92 wrote:
jeepnow wrote:Believe Jackson will be the front runner for the next couple of years in the SEOAL, Poe and Rideout are only juniors. Two good pieces to build around
Poe and Ridout were pieces to build around the past two years as well. A ton of talent on this team but will be without Chapman and Harless from last year....

They were pretty good favorites last year as well.

They had the most wins in school history last year but didn't win the league or the sectional....they should be hungry under first year head coach Matt Walburn.

I believe they defeated Huntington (WV) over the summer and also beat Central Crossing in yesterday's scrimmage.
Current group of girls has some history of playing together, I believe that chemistry trumps losing a very good Chapman and Harless from last year. Coach Walburn will have them ready to play, really like his style and demeanor, expect big things his squad this year, including the league and sectionals. If I know Coach Walburn, he never met a shot he didn't like lol, he will have quite a few players putting the ball up, and have his opponent well scouted and a defense with some pressure and intensity.

Look for a good year from the Ironladies.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

I can assume that the Jackson girls have new coach???

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

md2020 wrote:I can assume that the Jackson girls have new coach???
Yep, he was the assistant coach last year. The head coach had her first child at the end of last season and stepped down.

green&yellow
Waterboy

Post by green&yellow »

In the past years I have watched the Ironladies this has been the most talented group-beginning with very talented post Chapman and point gaurd Cooper graduates of 2011- since the Beth Howe era. They just this past year lost IMO their two best defensive players-younger Chapman and 2012 graduate Harless. However, this Junior class has some extreme talent. Many younger classmen as well who are atheletic. I loved watching all these current and past players but from what I have seen, they are their own worst enemies. Best of luck to Coach Walburn and the Ironladies this year hopeful for an SEOAL Title and tournament play! GO RED.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

A lot of talk about the juniors, and they will be key....but they have a senior that will help determine how far this team goes.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Well put I92...need some solid senior play to glue all the pieces together, could not agree more with you.

all4unc
JV Team

Post by all4unc »

Watch out for Portsmouth. Finished 4th in the league last year with 4 starters back. Scrimmaged Oak Hill last night and won the quarters 3-2 and the overall score 77-68.

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

i have been impressed how portsmouth has played in the league the last couple years, but the depth seems to hurt them. i will take jackson or warren to win this year

Return to “Girls Basketball”