Jackson Ironladies 2012-13

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Jackson Ironladies 2012-13

Post by Ironman92 »

Wouldn't care if it was by 1 on a banked in half-court shot.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Warren 17
Jackson 16

End 1

Ryan on fire but 2 fouls....a 3rd was given to another player and the most obvious wasn't called.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Warren 28
Jackson 25

Half

Ridout and Poe out the quarter with foul trouble.

The contact all over is insane. This is not basketball....smacks, slaps pushes everywhere all over then the call touch fouls on the two top Jackson players. Both teams should have more fouls than they do. Refs have no control and not a person in the gym is happy about it.

Bring on the 2nd half.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Poe with her 3rd foul immediately to start 3rd

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ridout 3rd soon after

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Warren Local 40
Jackson 34

End of 3rd

The refs aren't homers but are THE worst crew ever. How that guy has a license is beyond me.

14 fouls against Jackson in the 3rd

Falcon Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Falcon Fan »

The person your quoting on the huddle is not even a Fairfield Union poster and they obviously know nothing about southeastern Ohio basketball. Trusme Fairfield Union has great respect for Jackson Warren Marietta Miami Trace and Athens among others. Just to show you how uninformed the poster was they did not even know Fairfield Union and Jackson could not reach until regionals.Same poster called Fairfield Union a bunch of chokers in another thread.

gobrowns
Freshman Team

Post by gobrowns »

Warren 59 Jackson 56

Troy
Freshman Team

Post by Troy »

Good game from both. Warren's senior big girl was tough all night and avoided foul trouble after her early problems. she hit a ton of shots. Crazy atmosphere! One guy was tossed and he was hot about something. Jackson gave up alot of layups due to not rotating well. Jackson had their best players on the bench alot. Jackson looked good about 7 deep but I think they mix in 9 or 10. A few Jackson girls just don't look very confident. They were 21-0 going in and a few girls had that deer in the headlight look. Jenkins played good and Rideout really stepped up in the 4th.

I read on here somewhere that Logan was the hardest place to get a win but I can't imagine it being harder than that. I don't think I've seen those officials before. The woman called everything. She must've called 8 charges on players away from the ball, I don't think I've seen 3 called all year. She must've made 50% of the calls. That guy she was with was the worst though. I think he let 3 or 4 of the hardest non-calls all year and then called about 10 "what the heck" calls. Not all were against Jackson but he seemed to take alot away from the game. The one official was pretty good but then again, he never got a chance to make a call. That was a big game to have those two officials take over.

Congratulations to both teams on being co champs. 2 very good teams

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

The lady official was married to the older looking official. They are from around Sheridan.
They have been doing basketball games in the southeast sectional and district games for about 10 years, hard to believe no one has ever seen them. They will probably be at the sectional games this year.

It appeared that Jackson's schedule caught up with them and it appeared that Warren's helped them. After playing some of the teams they have they seemed to execute better of the two down the stretch.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Lol....just posted a big response and it didn't send and is gone!!!

Screw it.

Congrats to Warren on the win.

Walburn will get these girls to the regionals!

I honestly would've rather had the official who didn't call much and two Dads of Warren players officiating.

Congrats to Jackson on being SEOAL Co-champs.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

fighting_falcon wrote:The lady official was married to the older looking official. They are from around Sheridan.
They have been doing basketball games in the southeast sectional and district games for about 10 years, hard to believe no one has ever seen them. They will probably be at the sectional games this year.

It appeared that Jackson's schedule caught up with them and it appeared that Warren's helped them. After playing some of the teams they have they seemed to execute better of the two down the stretch.

Down the stretch Jackson greatly outscored Warren (20-11)....having Ridout and Poe on the bench most of the 2nd and 3rd quarters caught up with Jackson way more.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Tough, tough loss for the Ironladies. They trailed by 12 points in the 4th quarter after a big run by Warren with Ridout and Poe on the bench, and I believe cut that lead all the way down to 1 at one point, but they just couldn't quite complete the comeback. I thought they appeared to be a little fatigued at the end, probably from expending so much energy during the comeback, and playing their 4th game this week. Really don't think schedule strength had anything to do with it since these two teams split the season series, and Jackson has defeated at least a couple teams that beat Warren.

The Lady Warriors made some key free throws and some other key plays in the 4thQ to seal the win. They played inspired basketball on their senior night, and the outstanding atmosphere in their gym probably helped them quite a bit also. They should be able to handle Chillicothe to finish out league play and officially claim their share of the league title with Jackson. I'm not getting into the whole officiating debate, but there were certainly some puzzling calls both ways. I hate to see players in foul trouble, especially with so much on the line, but in the end, Warren made a couple more plays than Jackson that won it.

I'm extremely proud of Jackson, though. Going undefeated, especially in basketball, is no easy task. I could see the hurt in those girls' eyes as they walked off the court, but they went 21-1 and they're Co-SEOAL champions...certainly nothing to be ashamed of for them. The regular season is now over, and a new season begins next weekend against South Point or Gallia Academy. Time to rest up, get focused again, and make some noise in the tournament!

A pretty amazing stat that I was thinking about tonight. Over the last three seasons, Jackson is 57-9 overall. Nearly every loss during that span has been in a game that has gone right down to the wire. They made a nice run to the district finals two years ago before losing a heartbreaker to Marietta, and they had an outstanding season last year before being upset by South Point. It's now time to take that next step. This group has the ability to make a great run in the post-season, and I think they know that. Jackson fans need to get behind this team and continue to support them throughout the tournament. Who knows, maybe they'll see Warren again down the road in the regional.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Jackson 16 9 9 22 -- 56
Warren 17 11 12 19 --59

With Poe and Ridout back in for the 4th, Buzzard scored the first 6 points of the quarter to get the lead to 46-34, then Ridout and Poe went to work along with the Jackson defense and cut the lead to 46-44 with 3:28 left. Then the margin varied from 2 to 5 for the next 2.5 minutes. Ridout made a nice baseline jumper to close it to 53-51 with 0:57 left. Warren took its 4th time-out with 0:54, and that's where the important strategic blunder occurred. Warren was already shooting the double bonus, and instead of playing aggressive defense for at least 25 sec before taking a foul, Ridout took a foul, sending one of Warren's best FT shooters to the line with 44 sec still left. Buzzard ended up 7/9 at the line, and made 1/2 in this instance, then Ridout scored two with 40 sec left, to cut it to 1 with 2 FTs. Then they took Ridout out of the game on defnese to toprotect her with 4 fouls. And again they foul Buzzard with 0:36 left, and she makes 2/2 this time to make the lead 56-53.

Jackson takes the ball and just as they were about to launch a trey attempt, coach didn't like what he saw and called a TO at 0:25, and the negated trey attempt did not go in, as Murphy's Law was not invoked. Then Ridout was fouled and made the first with 0:16 left. I don't know if she missed the 2nd on purpose or not, but there was a good battle for the rebound which Ryan got and Poe fouled out on the play with 0:14 left. Ryan made the 1st to make it 57-54. Then Ryan was called for a toe on the line violation on the 2nd shot, blowin the whistle before the shot Jackson had no time outs left to stop the clock if they made a FG, which Hoover did on a rebound from the baseline, to make the final 59-56

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I could be wrong, but I didn't think Ridout was trying to foul Buzzard with 44 seconds remaining. In fact, I'm not even sure she touched her. I thought Ridout and Jenkins were attempting to trap her and there was a quick whistle. Maybe I just didn't see it right, because it's possible that Coach Walburn was trying to extend the game and force Warren to make free throws. Only trailing by two at that point, though, I would think they were probably trying to force a turnover with more than a single trap. After that call was made, Jackson was basically forced into an "extend the game" strategy.

Jackson trailed 28-25 at the half, but scored the first five points of the 3rd quarter to take a slim 30-28 lead. At that point, Ridout and Poe were both saddled with their 3rd fouls and Warren proceeded to go on a 10-0 run to take a 38-30 lead. Jackson battled to stay within striking distance, but Buzzard hit some big shots to extend the lead to 12. At that point, Ridout and Poe started to take over offensively, and Jackson started to play some great defense, but they just ran out of gas. That sequence leading up to the 12-point lead with about 5 minutes remaining is what ultimately cost Jackson the game. They showed a lot of heart to come back the way they did, but they couldn't quite get it done.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

I agree the 6 points Buzzard scored in the first 1.5 minutes of the 4th when Jackson had all their players in really put Jackson behind the 8-ball with 6:30 left. Iwas sitting two rows behind the scorer's table and it was clear to me that Ridout took a strategic foul with still 44 sec left.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

fighting_falcon wrote:The lady official was married to the older looking official. They are from around Sheridan.

Flrst both teams earn congratulations for being co-champs. Obviously quite a game.

The refs have been around and would be average at best. Married couples have a hard time hanging a picture together let alone this. Just IMO>

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

Still a pretty awesome season for those girls, pressure f an undefeated season are off now, they can just play ball. Better to lose now then be 22-0 and lose one or two games into tourny. Be rooting for the Iron Ladies..

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mhs95_06 wrote:I agree the 6 points Buzzard scored in the first 1.5 minutes of the 4th when Jackson had all their players in really put Jackson behind the 8-ball with 6:30 left. Iwas sitting two rows behind the scorer's table and it was clear to me that Ridout took a strategic foul with still 44 sec left.
It must've been strategic because he called that foul with the whistle being heard as the called foul happened. With less time on the clock he whistled a foul before anyone could even touch her.

Ironman02's post proves what happened for those that weren't there.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mray23 wrote:I92, I was just on the "huddle" and there was a topic asking how good is Jackson and if you will be able to compete with West Holmes if you make it to the regionals. here are a couple quotes i thought would interest you:

"They are a good team but play a light schedule. Their league is bad with only warren local in it. This Saturday they play warren at warren so we will see. Their schedule has not prepared them for west Holmes. They were 18-2 last year and lost in first round."

"Fairfield Union plays a much better, tougher schedule and received the #2 seed, I think that game will be great."

obviously, these people have probably not seen Jackson play. i included the 2nd quote because as a Miami Trace fan i didn't know we already were out of the tourney and FU already won the district title.

I will be an Ironladies fan during the tourney and hope we (MT) can meet you in zanesville.
The huddle? Lol I may venture over there.

As for the scheduling stuff...we'll see. Anyone that knows anything about Coach Walburn knows he wants to play the best and back down from no one. They played an insanely challenging summer and preseason schedule. They went everywhere and played the best. I hear they will play Fairland and Eastern Meigs in non-league next year. I'm sure Athens will be on there as well.

Regardless, it's now tourney time and the best two teams will meet in the regionals and then the best can test themselves against the AP #1 West Holmes....

Let the games begin.

Return to “Girls Basketball”