SOC 1 --who has full JV squads ?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

SOC 1 --who has full JV squads ?

Post by ManitouDan »

ND has a full squad. Last night we played East and they didnt field a JV squad . ( had 1 girl sick or injured ??) would love for every school to have a JV team , those girls work hard in practice and need PT to improve. MD

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Re: SOC 1 --who has full JV squads ?

Post by ManitouDan »

Should I expect a JV game with New Boston tomorrow ?

Ballgame
Riding the Bench

Post by Ballgame »

New Boston girls have yet to play a JV game so far. Green and eastern both cancelled prior to the game. We plan to play a full JV game tomorrow.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

thanks for the info ballgame. glad NB has a squad , its a huge postive for the younger girls

Five Point
JV Team

Post by Five Point »

Symmes Valley has a full JV team.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Western has a varsity team only.....

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I know you cant force girls to come out and play but its difficult to improve your varsity program if the freshmans and soph's are not getting any PT or getting demolished trying to play varsity when they really are not ready.

iam4osu
JV Team

Post by iam4osu »

So true and it seems soc struggles with this every year. Seems when one team picks up a full JV squad another school that had one the year prior goes down in number of girls. That time means so much in the development and the maturity of the players.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

I was one of the ones that complained in years past about other schools not haveing JV squads, and now this year for the first time in a while Western does not. It is also rough for the Freshmen to come in and be expected to jump right into Varisity when you have no JV to develop skills. We have a good group of Frosh, and Soph, but I wonder how much this will hurt them, and develop bad habits when they are not ready for Varsity.

Dunn97
Riding the Bench

Post by Dunn97 »

Western did play a 2 quarter JV game against New Boston tonight. They just don't have enough depth to pull off a full JV game and still have a bench to go to in the Varsity game. I hope that Western will be able to continue at least this, so that our freshman and sophmore's can gain more experience.

Return to “Girls Basketball”