officiating ?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

officiating ?

Post by ManitouDan »

two years ago i kept book for the girls varsity . thought the officiating was terrible. Last year was much much better and this year has been good. other opinions ?

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Re: officiating ?

Post by WIFAN-22 »

The officiating at both Varsity Girls, and Varsity Boys have in my opinion been very good this year. Besides a couple judgement calls here and there I have been impressed thus far, and hope it continues.

On the other hand the Jr High games that I have seen have been less than stellar. I believe that this is when the officiating has to be good. The young kids are just starting to develop their skill set, and habits. From what I have seen so far they are letting them play way too much. Meaning their allowing kids to hack, and reach too much. Not making the move their feet. One of the other things I've noticed is that their allowing kids to carry the ball a lot.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Leagues with assigners are markedly better. The few leagues who still allow schools to hire Willy Cheatem and His two cousins Homer are almost impossible.

implantcat
Riding the Bench

Post by implantcat »

I have seen one crew two times this year. One game we were on the up side of their calls and the other time on the down side. Calling the ticky tack stuff and then allowing the kids to get mugged on the other end of the court. I guess this crew would be ok if your the team on the up side of their calls. No naming of the crew just that they wore high heals when they left.

Return to “Girls Basketball”