Pike County Tournament @ Eastern

beaverlover
SE

Pike County Tournament @ Eastern

Post by beaverlover »

Any thoughts or predictions on this one? Eagles have home court this year and should be a good tourney..

My predictions
Night #1
Eastern over Western 54-42,Waverly over Piketon 40- 32.

Night #2
Western over Piketon in consolation game 46-44

Eastern over Waverly in championship 50-40

Black Panther
SEO

Re: Pike County Tournament @ Eastern

Post by Black Panther »

Glad someone started a thread about this.I like your predictions,but have you seen Waverly play this year? As much as I would love to see it I don't see them losing to Eastern by 10 on Eastern's home court, or even beating Piketon for that matter.I hope you're right though...I'd say Eastern wins it and wins it BIG over who ever they play.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

I'm really going out on the limb here, and I'm going to say if Western can keep Woods and Jackson on the floor, Western by 4 over Eastern. Waverly over Piketon by 6. Western over Waverly by 9. Eastern over Piketon by 21.

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

The Eastern - Western should be good. Comes down who makes free throws..but can't see Waverly beating Piketon, Waverly doesn't have anyone to put on Jenkins. Piketon has the girls to stop Wiget..piketon by 10 or more

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

It's a shame Eastern and Western square off first cause they are a lot better than the other 2 . That game is the real championship game but that being said . Eastern over Western by 9 at home. And piketon by 14 over Waverly. In the championship Eastern by 16 over Piketon and the consolation game Western by 20 over Waverly.

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

Piketon over Waverly in game one.

Eastern over Western in game two.

Consolation and championship games are December 27 @ Eastern, starting at 6.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

run-n-gun wrote:Piketon over Waverly in game one.

Eastern over Western in game two.

Consolation and championship games are December 27 @ Eastern, starting at 6.
How close were these games?

jumparound
Freshman Team

Post by jumparound »

Waverly and Piketon was within 1 with a minute and something to go. Eastern had the lead the whole game. Up by ten or so at half and pulled away 2nd half. For being late starting into their basketball season, they are in pretty good shape.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

At the half Eastern was up 5 but when they came out in the third there full court pressure was to much for the Indians and by the end of the third it was close to 20 pts lead. Eastern has a nice team good guards and nice post play. Western should win buy 10+ Thursday . And the same for Eastern . But anything can happen good luck to all the teams.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Back to action tomorrow night at Eastern High School..my upset pick of Waverly defeating Piketon came up just a bit short, but I am sticking with my picks for night#2..I think the Eagles will be too much for the Streaks and I think Western wins consy game in a close one. Consy game at 6,championship at 8..Should be a good night!

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Congratulations to the Lady Eagles on winning the the Pike County championship last night with a 55-46 victory over the Streaks! It was a pretty good ball game and a good night at the nest! Western won the consolation game over Waverly to take 3rd! All tournament team was...

Wiget-Waverly
Reader-Western
Reuter-Piketon
Jenkins-Piketon
Brown-Eastern
Carson Roney-Eastern

I thought Lawhorn played great for the Streaks and was very deserving as well.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Very impressed by the young players we got to see in this tourney Piketon has some freshman and sophmores that were impressive I really lie the Rutier (sp) kid the point guard for Piketon and the Roney girl from Eastern. I also was impressed with Westerns young ones Brewster (fr),Williams (fr),Woods (so), future looks bright.

jumparound
Freshman Team

Post by jumparound »

Congratulations to the eagles!!! It should be an interesting match up again vs. Piketon I a couple of weeks... Especially if the Pelphrey girl is back. What a fun game to watch

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Wouldn't want to be a coach come tourney time haveing to game plan for Eastern they are starting to come into form from there Final 4 volleyball run . Could make noise in D-4 this year nice size and athletic ability.

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

lightle04 wrote:Wouldn't want to be a coach come tourney time haveing to game plan for Eastern they are starting to come into form from there Final 4 volleyball run . Could make noise in D-4 this year nice size and athletic ability.
They should make it to district semi-finals. With a little luck they might even make it to district finals but I really think that's where it will end. Not a bad year as I think they have a good bit of youth on the team.

jumparound
Freshman Team

Post by jumparound »

Now that Eastern is in shape and have been playing together for a while, this match up against Notre Dame should be better. The first meeting The eagles had only practiced a few times. If the eagles want to contend for co league champs they need to win. Go eagles!

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

jumparound wrote:Now that Eastern is in shape and have been playing together for a while, this match up against Notre Dame should be better. The first meeting The eagles had only practiced a few times. If the eagles want to contend for co league champs they need to win. Go eagles!
That's scheduled for Monday, right? I'll be watching for those results.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Should be a good game. Think ND will win. Where is this one?

Return to “Girls Basketball”