All State

Re: Division IV sectional - Athens

Post by Super trooper »

Easterns non league schedule was a pretty tough task

getaclue
Riding the Bench

Post by getaclue »

Eastern (Beaver) picked up another impressive non-league win over Northwest 64-43!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Am I correct that this is the second time they played and the 1st time NW won by a large margin ? I could be wrong on that . Was thinking it was surprising the 1st time around .

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

RECORDS WERE UPDATED AFTER MONDAY'S GAMES ... http://trivalleyconference.com/Schedules.html

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

ManitouDan wrote:Am I correct that this is the second time they played and the 1st time NW won by a large margin ? I could be wrong on that . Was thinking it was surprising the 1st time around .

Yes you are correct..Northwest won at Eastern by 24 points I believe. Eastern returns the favor on the Mohawks home floor.

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Here's my prediction.....for what its worth!!!
1 Reedsville Eastern
2 Waterford
3 South Gallia
4 Beaver Eastern
5 South Webster
6 Belpre
7 Symmes Valley
8 Federal Hocking
9 Southern
10 Trimble
11 Miller

Just my guess! But good luck to all!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

RECORDS UPDATED AFTER THURSDAY 1/31 GAMES: http://trivalleyconference.com/Schedules.html

Flatlander1
Waterboy

Post by Flatlander1 »

I think Ol' Blue has it pretty close but you will need to switch out SG with Beaver Eastern. The girls from Pike county got off to a late start thanks to their deep run in the VB tourney. They have been outstanding since some early losses, thus I have to give them ther 3 hole.

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

You know has anyone looked at the conferences and their individual team records? Not slightly any teams but the top teams in the SOC 1 and TVC all get 10 wins a year from the lower teams. I looked up the TVC and their bottom 6, are all below 500, ditto for SOC 1. Great years for their teams but kinda of overinflated records. Eastern Reedsville and Waterford are proven with out of conference skedl, but Eastern hasn't played a real tough out of conference. Piketon is down and them and Northwest have traded blow outs. I know this will upset some, but just take the time and look at teams records and who they play. Webster in plays in a D3 conference and other then thier last night game have been in the lead or within a bucket of each loss.

Also how do they decide to send Eastern Pike and Webster an hour away for a sectional? Seems like they should be at Northwest, makes you wonder..

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

You have to send two teams from Southern Ohio to the Athens sectional to balance the brackets ...

are any of these teams closer ... ?
Clay
ND
Manchester
Western
Ironton St Joe
East
Green
New Boston
Fairfield
Whiteoak

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

I'm don't want to debate TVS Vs SOC They're good teams and bad teams in both leagues!!! And the hardest part of this sectional will be deciding between South Gallia,Beaver Eastern and South Webster for the 3-5!!! the one thing that you have to remember, it's Beaver Eastern, South Webster and Symmes Valley Vs 8 TVC teams when it comes to voting!!! So if the TVC teams stick together they can control the seedings!!!

jumparound
Freshman Team

Post by jumparound »

If the TVC teams try to control it like they did in the volleyball sectional it might come back to bite them again. They seeded Eastern Beaver with 0 losses #2. Eastern went to state and was 2 points from State finals.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

jumparound wrote:If the TVC teams try to control it like they did in the volleyball sectional it might come back to bite them again. They seeded Eastern Beaver with 0 losses #2. Eastern went to state and was 2 points from State finals.
Reedsville Eastern was 25-2 this year in volleyball ... and was in the state semi- finals last year ... its not like voting them #1 was that big of deal.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Complete list of seeds after draw ... 1-11 ... http://trivalleyconference.com/Schedules.html
Last edited by 93Bulldog on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

amazinghocks
JV Team

Post by amazinghocks »

seemed fair.

amazinghocks
JV Team

Post by amazinghocks »

waterford has been playing better, still young but with girls like drayer x 2, porter, paxton, sellers, hilverding, they could make some noise. or they could totally flop. you never really know with the lady cats

kingofthegame
Freshman Team

Post by kingofthegame »

Just to set the record straight, I said "talentwise" SW is way better than SG and Beaver Eastern. If you look at pure athleticism, they are. Unfortunately, the Jeeps have not jelled and played as well as they potentially could've.

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Have you seen Beaver Eastern or South Gallia play??? Both are pretty good!!! But I guess in some part, you get your wish. SW plays Beaver Eastern!!!

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Only team with a gripe would be Eastern Pike. They did have the best record in the sectional. I havent seen any team in this sectional play so I am not saying that they are better than 1-3 seeds just an observation that it is odd for the team with the best record to get the 4 seed I would think?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Not when you consider WHO those top teams lost to ...

Eastern: lost to Jackson, Orrville, Huntington St. Joe, Waterford
Waterford: lost to Eastern, Fort Frye, Warren, Fort Frye, Maysville
South Gallia: Eastern, Waterford, Eastern, Gallia Academy

Return to “Girls Basketball”