Waterboy

Re: State rankings??

Post by 80sballer »

Is ND even ranked

BannersnRafters
Riding the Bench

Post by BannersnRafters »

Hahaha, meant THE Notre Dame in NCAA FB, trying to use BCS as an example of computers ranking them so high but fans/media not so much, sorry for confusion

80sballer
Waterboy

Post by 80sballer »

Banners,

Ok I thought I missed something somewhere ND is good but I think they would have to the run the table to get a ranking.

MODERATOR 1
Riding the Bench

Post by MODERATOR 1 »

Posting what was said (or not said) in a PM - and accusing a poster of threatening comments - takes the topic down a road that is not wanted on SEOPS.

try and stick to SPORTS RELATED information.

thx

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

It's the truth and I have pm to confirm it. It is not my fault the poster in question is a arrogant individual who is constantly condescending to other posters. See above

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

mray23 wrote:I92, That is probably exactly what happened. This is the reason the AP poll is crap. Most of the pollsters have never seen 90% of the teams and just vote by the team's records in their region of the state. I've never given any credibility to the AP polls in any sport.
M0TIVAT0R wrote:What amazes me is how members of the "media" hold the media above all others. They are critical of many things, and people, yet they want no criticism in return. How could you guys dare criticize the AP Poll? :lol:
Here are the posts that got this thread off topic.

This discussion was ultimately about the 'How the top-10 fared' - then these appeared around an explanation.

Call us out, then get upset when we respond. If you don't want the headache, then don't fire the first bullet.

Treat others the way you want to be treated, which seems to be the case here with KS78. He did not fire the first bullet, btw.

See above.

Troy
Freshman Team

Post by Troy »

It's a bit of a joke trying to rank the whole state. Do the AP guys of each district just nominate teams in their area? Do they just guess by record who are the top teams by record all over the state? Do AP voters rank local teams higher than they deserve? If any AP guy in southeastern Ohio voted Oak Hill in a top 10 of the boy's instead or over Ironton, they should have their AP voting status taken away because that in itself makes the poll somewhat of a joke.

Return to “Girls Basketball”