SEOPS Hippo

Re: St. Joe and Fairfield

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Good luck to the Ladies in Purple and Gold........... :!: :!:

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Ironman92, Was that a dig at ISJ's schedule? ISJ have only had a team again for 3 or 4 years after years of not fielding a team. That along with not being in a league makes it hard to find 20 and now 22 games. ISJ is also very young with only 1 Senior who hasnt played since Jr.High and 1 Junior. I am sure Coach Miller is going to look to beef up his schedule the next couple of years. They know that LF are better than the record indicates so they will not take them lightly. GO FLYERS

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:Ironman92, Was that a dig at ISJ's schedule? ISJ have only had a team again for 3 or 4 years after years of not fielding a team. That along with not being in a league makes it hard to find 20 and now 22 games. ISJ is also very young with only 1 Senior who hasnt played since Jr.High and 1 Junior. I am sure Coach Miller is going to look to beef up his schedule the next couple of years. They know that LF are better than the record indicates so they will not take them lightly. GO FLYERS
Absolutely, everything about ISJ's schedule sucks.

Just kidding. Lol I posted that knowing Fairfield plays a very tough D4 basketball schedule with games in their league like 20-1 Fayetteville twice, 16-4 D3 Lynchburg....D3 15-5 North Adams, D3 Ripley and D3 Peebles are both quite good....then they mix and match some games against the D2 SCOL schools. I'm not familiar with ISJ's schedule (even though it's on here)....I wasn't slamming ISJ, but was giving credit to the SHAC league and Fairfields overall schedule.

Good Luck to all!

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Ok, I understand. It sounds like Fairfield got a raw deal due to its tough schedule. I am sure both teams would have rather played someone else but it is what it is. On a side note when I was a student at ISJ in the 70's the Female Flyers won 47 straight games.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:Ok, I understand. It sounds like Fairfield got a raw deal due to its tough schedule. I am sure both teams would have rather played someone else but it is what it is. On a side note when I was a student at ISJ in the 70's the Female Flyers won 47 straight games.

I can't sit here and say they weren't seeded fairly as they were like 3-19....but I do believe all the schools above them have significantly worse records playing their schedule, but that's not really part of seeding.

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

Why did they not have a team? Numbers or cost

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Numbers

Bastogne
Freshman Team

Post by Bastogne »

Final
St. Joe 40
Fairfield 39

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Looks like I underestimated Fairfield.

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

Lady Flyers hung in there for the win.........Fairfield put up a great struggle but were unable to shut the Lady Flyers down.....

Leading the Flyers was Hannah Miller with 17, Amber Neal with 9, Molly Miller with 6, Lynsey Booker with 5 and Hannah Martin with 3.

Line score....

St Joe........14--8--9--9------40

Fairfield......11--8--5--15----39

go48
Riding the Bench

Post by go48 »

Fairfield had the ball with 4 seconds to go and chance to win. Fairfield has all their starters back next year plus Smithson who would have started but she tore her acl in soccer and missed this season. Fairfield plays a very tough schedule and their record is always worse than the SOC schools that make up the Northwest sectional. They will be strong next year with Cox back, she should be the frontrunner next year for POY in D4 in the SE District.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

The Female Flyers will play South Gallia at Jackson on Thursday at 8PM

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

That was an exciting game! Congrats to all involved on a fine effort.

Return to “Girls Basketball”